The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lombardi on HBO

Go down

Lombardi on HBO Empty Lombardi on HBO

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:03 pm

If you get a chance watch this on HBO when they show it, it's an exellent documentary on the legendary coach:

Back to top Go down

Lombardi on HBO Empty Re: Lombardi on HBO

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:46 pm

I really enjoyed it. Read "When Pride Still Matterred" for even more.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:09 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:I really enjoyed it. Read "When Pride Still Matterred" for even more.

One thing that was interesting, before taking over at Green Bay, other than a the High School level, Lombardi had never been a head coach. The guy was a strange bird, but you can't argue with his success in the NFL, 5 Championships in his 9 years at GB ain't too shabby.

P.S. I used to love watching the Packers when Lombardi was a coach, and watching Starr, Hornung, Taylor and Kramer, running the Packers Power Sweep, it was a thing of beauty.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:44 pm

Ring wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:I really enjoyed it. Read "When Pride Still Matterred" for even more.

One thing that was interesting, before taking over at Green Bay, other than a the High School level, Lombardi had never been a head coach. The guy was a strange bird, but you can't argue with his success in the NFL, 5 Championships in his 9 years at GB ain't too shabby.

P.S. I used to love watching the Packers when Lombardi was a coach, and watching Starr, Hornung, Taylor and Kramer, running the Packers Power Sweep, it was a thing of beauty.

the very first adult book I ever read was Jerry Kramers Instant Replay about the 1967 Packer team. The feeling those guys had for one another and Lombardi was remarkable.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:57 pm

i hope to get a chance to catch it on a dvd when it comes out since i dont have hbo...many years ago a special was shown by the networks just before the super bowl game..it was called a man named lombardi and it was excellent..the impact he had on willie davis bart star forest gregg and soo many well after there playing days were over was something else..taking a team the worst in the nfl 1-10-1 and in 9 years they played in 6 championship games won 5 and in 1963 went 12-2 and came in second place and not eligable at that time to make the playoffs says something about the mans persuit of excellence platform not only in football but in life after the game.....thats what davis star gregg and others talked about a lot..he made them believe in themselves..

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum