The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daniel Jacobs to return against the formidable TBA

3 posters

Go down

Daniel Jacobs to return against the formidable TBA Empty Daniel Jacobs to return against the formidable TBA

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Back to top Go down

Daniel Jacobs to return against the formidable TBA Empty Re: Daniel Jacobs to return against the formidable TBA

Post  gomez1012 Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:07 pm

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Daniel Jacobs to return against the formidable TBA Empty Re: Daniel Jacobs to return against the formidable TBA

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:16 pm

He better knock the guy into the new year. I remember when Arum commented on Ortiz losing to Maidana, he said that they hadn't scouted Maidana properly. According to Arum Ortiz was about two years away from a challenge like Maidana. I think they did the same thing with Jacobs and Pirog. Bob says he never matches prospects up with foreigners who have good records and high KO percentages.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:24 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:He better knock the guy into the new year. I remember when Arum commented on Ortiz losing to Maidana, he said that they hadn't scouted Maidana properly. According to Arum Ortiz was about two years away from a challenge like Maidana. I think they did the same thing with Jacobs and Pirog. Bob says he never matches prospects up with foreigners who have good records and high KO percentages.

As a promoter, how the fuck do you not scout an opponent?

Pirog and Jacobs where made to fight by the ABC for the interim strap, GBP should of just pulled up some fucking video on youtube like any of us usually do lol

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:28 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:He better knock the guy into the new year. I remember when Arum commented on Ortiz losing to Maidana, he said that they hadn't scouted Maidana properly. According to Arum Ortiz was about two years away from a challenge like Maidana. I think they did the same thing with Jacobs and Pirog. Bob says he never matches prospects up with foreigners who have good records and high KO percentages.

Pirog and Jacobs where made to fight by the ABC for the interim strap, GBP should of just pulled up some fucking video on youtube like any of us usually do lol

Funny you mention youtube, youtube has become a favorite tool for scouts in all sports not just boxing.

To the bold: golden Boy definitely could have skipped any mandated bullshit and protected Jacobs. Vacate, fight someone else whatever. That Interim strap set the kid back about 18 months.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:34 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Funny you mention youtube, youtube has become a favorite tool for scouts in all sports not just boxing.

To the bold: golden Boy definitely could have skipped any mandated bullshit and protected Jacobs. Vacate, fight someone else whatever. That Interim strap set the kid back about 18 months.

Yep, its a great source for a lot of things

GBP has a terrible match maker in DLH's buddy Eric Gomez

I know they got Don Chargin to guide Saul Alvarez career

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:28 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

the funny thing about that fight is that it wasn't as if Pirog was an unknown quantity. a lot of people in Europe knew that he was going places, and were avoiding him. getting the fight with Jacobs is what you call a lucky break and he deserved it. Golden Boy just don't have a clue. Bob Arum made Oscar De La Hoya what he is in reality. he should learn how to promote and match make. i think the problem they have is they want to be the "fighter's" promoter and give into the fighter's big purse demands and get them these big fights, what it needs is somebody with a set of bollocks and knowledge of the game to tell these young guys that they need to serve their apprenticeship first. it's all take take take

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:40 pm

dbudge wrote:the funny thing about that fight is that it wasn't as if Pirog was an unknown quantity. a lot of people in Europe knew that he was going places, and were avoiding him. getting the fight with Jacobs is what you call a lucky break and he deserved it. Golden Boy just don't have a clue. Bob Arum made Oscar De La Hoya what he is in reality. he should learn how to promote and match make. i think the problem they have is they want to be the "fighter's" promoter and give into the fighter's big purse demands and get them these big fights, what it needs is somebody with a set of bollocks and knowledge of the game to tell these young guys that they need to serve their apprenticeship first. it's all take take take

+1

I saw one fight of Pirog's on youtube and knew he'd be trouble for Jacobs who had struggled with a couple of journeyman in 09
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:34 pm

I don't mind, you need a good confidence builder after getting knocked out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum