The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BADASS... Versus is now the home for World Series of Boxing

5 posters

Go down

BADASS... Versus is now the home for World Series of Boxing Empty BADASS... Versus is now the home for World Series of Boxing

Post  GrantZilla Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:11 am

COLORADO SPRINGS, COLO.) The World Series of Boxing (WSB) has announced that cable network VERSUS will be the official U.S. broadcast provider for the inaugural WSB season. Beginning Saturday, December 4, VERSUS will air 30 two-hour tape-delayed programs featuring competition from WSB Americas taking place across the organization’s four franchises including Miami, Memphis, Mexico City and Los Angeles.

Under terms of the deal, VERSUS will air all 24 regular season matches for the WSB Americas to determine qualification for the finals of the World Series of Boxing, in addition to the series’ four semifinal and two final matches.

The first VERSUS show will air Saturday, December 4, 2010 at 2 p.m. ET and will feature the WSB Americas inaugural event between the Mexico City Guerreros and the Memphis Force. The second show of the season will air Tuesday morning, December 7 at 12 a.m. ET (or Monday evening, December 6 at 9 p.m. PT) and will feature the Miami Gallos home debut against the Los Angeles Matadors. VERSUS will air two programs per week during the course of the WSB season

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com/post.forum?mode=newtopic&f=4
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

BADASS... Versus is now the home for World Series of Boxing Empty Re: BADASS... Versus is now the home for World Series of Boxing

Post  Groundhog Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:57 am

wouldn't it be something if VS ended up as the savior of boxing cheers

this is good news. def will tune in

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

BADASS... Versus is now the home for World Series of Boxing Empty Re: BADASS... Versus is now the home for World Series of Boxing

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:00 am

Versus coming hat in hand now that the WEC has merged into the UFC.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:32 am

Ali wrote:Versus coming hat in hand now that the WEC has merged into the UFC.

Pretty much. Versus is the perfect station for World Series of Boxing
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:37 am

I am not big fan of networks that insist on showing ten thousand commercials.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:07 am

Comcast owns Versus. When they buy us out they're predicting that we will do all Versus live sports broadcasts.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:06 pm

I was completely tuned off to this, but now I'm on the bandwagon. Great news.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Gumby wrote:I was completely tuned off to this, but now I'm on the bandwagon. Great news.

I been saying for a long time, and so has cats like Holyfield ect, the current AM system has ruined boxing. You can't even call it boxing. Scoring is a joke. Body punches, jabs, ring generalship, not being counted. So got fighters taught at young age to just throw a punch slaps and run. Why got lot pros that can't throw a proper punch.

World Series of Boxing is the best thing to happen to boxing, and I realy hope it has success. AM fighters being paid, not headgear, it being scored like a pro fight. It pretty much being a pro fight, but only 5 rounds. And if successful, will be incorparted in Olympics, which might bring back interest in Olympic Boxing
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:07 pm

I'm watching this right now. They're winging punches in every fight.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:37 am

It's on again now. Really fun fights.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:49 am

What they lack in skill they more than make up in grit and determination.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:49 am

Watching it. I am so not kidding. This is by far the best thing to happen to boxing. I realy hope it's successful.

Olympic Boxing who helped orginize World Series of Boxing will be watching this as a test run, and if it proves successful, will incorprate this format into Olympic Boxing.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:52 am

GrantZilla wrote:Watching it. I am so not kidding. This is by far the best thing to happen to boxing. I realy hope it's successful.

Olympic Boxing who helped orginize World Series of Boxing will be watching this as a test run, and if it proves successful, will incorprate this format into Olympic Boxing.

This format should better prepare these fighters for the professional ranks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:55 am

GrantZilla wrote:Watching it. I am so not kidding. This is by far the best thing to happen to boxing. I realy hope it's successful.

well anything is better than their current horrible points-u-box format.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:58 am

This is what Olympic Boxing use to be. No stupid head-gear, not stupid punch count scoring where two judges have to press the clicker within like 2 seconds for a punch to count.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:59 am

This is awesome. I like that the commentators gear their comments towards understanding boxing. With only 5 rounds the pace is turned up a notch.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:00 am

GrantZilla wrote:This is what Olympic Boxing use to be. No stupid head-gear, not stupid punch count scoring where two judges have to press the clicker within like 2 seconds for a punch to count.

What type of gloves are they using?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:01 am

Gumby wrote:This is awesome. I like that the commentators gear their comments towards understanding boxing. With only 5 rounds the pace is turned up a notch.

O'Grady was solid when he was on the USA Network.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:02 am

Gumby wrote:This is awesome. I like that the commentators gear their comments towards understanding boxing. With only 5 rounds the pace is turned up a notch.

I had an argument once with a old timer kind of like Marlb, who going on how boxing should be 15 rounds.

My opinion, I think 12 rounds is good. Everybody remembers the classic 15 round fights, don't remember the terrible Ali, Larry Holmes, ect fights that went on forever, and where fighters take lots rounds off because it was a 15 rounder.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:02 am

Gumby wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:This is what Olympic Boxing use to be. No stupid head-gear, not stupid punch count scoring where two judges have to press the clicker within like 2 seconds for a punch to count.

12oz?

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:04 am

Gumby wrote:

I don't know what brand, but read using some kind special super-shock absorbing glove to realy lessen the impact of the punches.

Headgear is useless and in fact even worse. Studies come out that AM fighters get as much brain damage if not more then pro fighters. Because headgear only blunts the force, and we all know it's all about taking lots of hits to the head that causes seriouse nureological problems.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:05 am

GrantZilla wrote:

I had an argument once with a old timer kind of like Marlb, who going on how boxing should be 15 rounds.

My opinion, I think 12 rounds is good. Everybody remembers the classic 15 round fights, don't remember the terrible Ali, Larry Holmes, ect fights that went on forever, and where fighters take lots rounds off because it was a 15 rounder.

Norton-Holmes was a fifteen round classic.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:08 am

Just read, Top Ten is providing the gloves. 8oz for bantamweight and lightweight, 10oz for middleweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:53 pm

Everyone on this board should be watching this and telling their friends about it. Hopefully the hours won't always be so weird for when it's on because last night was sweet.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum