The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STAN MUSIAL

2 posters

Go down

STAN MUSIAL Empty STAN MUSIAL

Post  dmar5143 Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:21 am

first im a little suprized that it seems there are not many baseball fans on here.stan musial one of the 10 greatest baseball players of all time died yesterday at a great age of 92.simply known as stan the man and indeed he was a man.to me musial along with yogi berra is the ultimate role model not only for kids but for everyone.yes you can list his 331 lifetime batting average or 7 batting titles and countless other things he did on the field.musial like berra was loved by ALL baseball fans.and like yogi he was admired respected and loved by ALL his peers.willie mays and others have said that they never heared anyone say a unkind world about stan.the same with yogi and many players and folks said they never heared yogi say a unkind word about anyone.the same with stan.
it was musial who reached out to a young jackie robinson and hoped fans and the public would accept great talent dispite the color of there skin.mays said stan took him under his wing and watched over willie at all star games as well as the many times that they played against each other..musial joined the service leaving baseball for world war 2.berra was a gunner on a ship at the beaches of d day.yogi was born in st louis stan played there for 22 years.two rare guys made from the same cloth.
both humble and sincere with a genuine persona of goodness.
as a youth as well as today i loved baseball.its my number one sport.as a youth i had plenty of heros.as lifelong die hard yankee fan stan was and still is one of them.married 70 years to his high school sweetheart.yogi is married now 60 plus years to his only love.
for the past few decades the so called heros are cheats with peds trash talking morons that are untra greedy .guys who carry guns get involved in tabloid type events.
there was a time when players actualy played for the love of the game.and had fun doing it.there was a time when many had respect and dignity as part of there personality.there was a time when the word great player was reserved for truly the natural great ones only.
theres always a time for folks young and old want a genuine hero.stan the man indeed was all of that and more.stan will be deeply missed by everyone in my generation.he was that special.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

STAN MUSIAL Empty Re: STAN MUSIAL

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:05 pm

There is great sadness in St. Louis right now. People are leaving flowers by the statues outside the stadium.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum