The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm still proud of Chavez jr but he lost the champ Sergio

+6
hillsicc303
Shaun
dmar5143
Gumby
powerpuncher
jz_hova
10 posters

Go down

I'm still proud of Chavez jr but he lost the champ Sergio Empty I'm still proud of Chavez jr but he lost the champ Sergio

Post  jz_hova Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:30 am

I know people don't think this fight deserves a rematch but I think otherwise. You can't leave it like that and just move on. These two need to settle it in a rematch.
Congrats to Sergio for the win

Last edited by jz_hova on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

I'm still proud of Chavez jr but he lost the champ Sergio Empty Re: I'm still proud of Chavez jr but he lost the champ Sergio

Post  powerpuncher Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:50 am

leave it like what? sergio winning every round except for the last round when he went for a KO and got caught? so are you saying that if he would have just coasted during the last round we could leave it like that?
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

I'm still proud of Chavez jr but he lost the champ Sergio Empty Re: I'm still proud of Chavez jr but he lost the champ Sergio

Post  Gumby Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:24 am

JZ, I rarely agree with the things you post but wanted to say it's decent of you to give Martinez his props.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:05 am

Gumby wrote:JZ, I rarely agree with the things you post but wanted to say it's decent of you to give Martinez his props.
..gumby that was a agreement before hand with forum members before hand if chavez lost.captain said he would write one if chavez won apologizing for guys that called chavez jr a bum.
actualy jz has a right to be proud of jr since in some regaurds hes a improved fighter.his defense improved blocking punches and he did not give up.i agree totaly with PP the fight deserves no rematch.theres nothing to settle.jz kept his word by calling martinez the champ but thats not props at all.reality is martinez clearly outclassed chavez in one of the most dominate boxing exibitions you will ever see.reality is jr can punch when hes fighting a guy hes 20 pounds heavier then.11 years younger.that punch against guys his size 168 or 175 pounders will be average at best and so would his chin perhaps.props is saying my guy got completely outclassed and lost to a much better fighter dispite his size and youth advantage which was big.thats also truth.
props to chavez dispite his advantages that he never gave up.he has a excellent will good determination and confidence dispite the fact that his talent is average at best.
martinez did hurt chavez also.
the window is closing fast on martinez.one night soon the magic at 37 or 38 will stop in round 6 or 7..take one more fight and call it a day.geale alvarez floyd.one of thoses fights can be made.2 of them is huge payday.father time not chavez will settle thngs for sergio.the fight merits no rematch.
meanwhile as nigel collins said chavez will continue to be the best lightheavy fighting in the middleweight divison.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:29 am

jz_hova wrote:I know people don't think this fight deserves a rematch but I think otherwise. You can't leave it like that and just move on. These two need to settle it in a rematch.

Hova is very loyal to his favorite fighters. Smile
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:46 am

RT @mellamomarcos: Spoke to bob arum, he told me he thought jcc jrs performance was pathetic tonight
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:42 pm

JZ...

I'm not going to be too hard on you...BUT WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING!?!?

Bum Jr was dominated, utterly dominated for every second, minus 20 seconds, of that fight. Like I said, he didn't even belong in the same ring with somebody like Sergio. He hit Sergio with a great shot in the 12th and dropped him, but Sergio got up, took it too Bum Jr again, and won the fight.

The fight was a complete wipe out, who wants to see that again?

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:34 pm

hillsicc303 wrote:JZ...

I'm not going to be too hard on you...BUT WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING!?!?

Bum Jr was dominated, utterly dominated for every second, minus 20 seconds, of that fight. Like I said, he didn't even belong in the same ring with somebody like Sergio. He hit Sergio with a great shot in the 12th and dropped him, but Sergio got up, took it too Bum Jr again, and won the fight.

The fight was a complete wipe out, who wants to see that again?
I wouldn't mind in about a year.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:01 pm

Chavez Jr. is not going to be able to continue make 160. Roach already told reporters before this fight that he wanted it to be the final fight at 160.

i think if they do a rematch it will be what was suggested by Cats, Cinco de mayo of 2013.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:05 pm

captainanddew wrote:Chavez Jr. is not going to be able to continue make 160. Roach already told reporters before this fight that he wanted it to be the final fight at 160.

i think if they do a rematch it will be what was suggested by Cats, Cinco de mayo of 2013.
I hope not thats too soon.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:17 pm

I think it is similar to Bute-Andrade where the better fighter got caught in the last round. Bute-Andrade 1 was closer but Bute wasn't Sergio's age nor did he receive the injuries Sergio did. The rematch is definitely a balancing act by the promoters. They have to make sure Sergio is healed but not too old and that Jr can still make 160. Very small window.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:33 pm

jz_hova wrote:I know people don't think this fight deserves a rematch but I think otherwise. You can't leave it like that and just move on. These two need to settle it in a rematch.
settle what exactly? sergio schooled him.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:58 pm

arum pointed out that roach does not make the fights he does.anotherwords shut up freddie.money is the only reason arum or even lou want to talk rematch.the sports writers or commentaters that suggest such are having a change of heart.lets not dwell in the what ifs.what if jr scored the knockdown a minute earlier.what if he didnt toss sergio down the second time or how about what if martinez didnt break his left hand in the 4th round.fighting 8 rounds with a injured hand that affected the amount of times he tossed that punch or the authority he had on it and the pain involved.
its a fight we wanted to see and we did.the complete one sided affair surprized many of us.did mosley deserve a rematch with floyd because he shook floyd twice.nope.
myself i can see rooting for chavez if you truly are a good fan of his and have been for a while..i cannot see rooting against martinez who image wise is good for boxing.a gentlemen with class and grace and integrity.a guy who came up from extreme poverty and gives back to the community.all the opposite of chavez jr..to root against him simply because you picked him in the gor is a poor reason indeed.
to suggest a fight for next year on mexican holiday or even later when martinez is 39 means i hope old age comes to him and hes koed.the fight warrants no rematch.i hope sergio fights one more time for a good payday wins and retires.
hes been a rose in a garbadge dump.refreshing air in a poluted business.
hes what a lot of folks yearn for in a sports figure.again to root against him without being a good fan of chavez or chavez being on your favorite list like jz is mindboogling to me.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:59 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
settle what exactly? sergio schooled him.

see, that final round knockdown by chavez gave all the chavez fans the idea that a rematch is warranted. They can ignore the 11.5 rouns and ask for a rematch.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:02 pm

dmar5143 wrote:arum pointed out that roach does not make the fights he does.anotherwords shut up freddie.money is the only reason arum or even lou want to talk rematch.the sports writers or commentaters that suggest such are having a change of heart.lets not dwell in the what ifs.what if jr scored the knockdown a minute earlier.what if he didnt toss sergio down the second time or how about what if martinez didnt break his left hand in the 4th round.fighting 8 rounds with a injured hand that affected the amount of times he tossed that punch or the authority he had on it and the pain involved.
its a fight we wanted to see and we did.the complete one sided affair surprized many of us.did mosley deserve a rematch with floyd because he shook floyd twice.nope.
myself i can see rooting for chavez if you truly are a good fan of his and have been for a while..i cannot see rooting against martinez who image wise is good for boxing.a gentlemen with class and grace and integrity.a guy who came up from extreme poverty and gives back to the community.all the opposite of chavez jr..to root against him simply because you picked him in the gor is a poor reason indeed.
to suggest a fight for next year on mexican holiday or even later when martinez is 39 means i hope old age comes to him and hes koed.the fight warrants no rematch.i hope sergio fights one more time for a good payday wins and retires.
hes what a lot of folks yearn for in a sports figure.again to root against him without being a good fan of chavez or chavez being on your favorite list like jz is mindboogling to me.

my favorite what if, happens to be: "martinez is lucky there still isn't 15 round fights."

Why?

Because people asking for 15 round fights, are ignoring the fact that we have the 29 hour before the fight weigh ins. If you want 15 round fights, then lets go back to same day weigh ins and have guys of much more similar weights.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:04 pm

true captain.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:11 am

captainanddew wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:arum pointed out that roach does not make the fights he does.anotherwords shut up freddie.money is the only reason arum or even lou want to talk rematch.the sports writers or commentaters that suggest such are having a change of heart.lets not dwell in the what ifs.what if jr scored the knockdown a minute earlier.what if he didnt toss sergio down the second time or how about what if martinez didnt break his left hand in the 4th round.fighting 8 rounds with a injured hand that affected the amount of times he tossed that punch or the authority he had on it and the pain involved.

my favorite what if, happens to be: "martinez is lucky there still isn't 15 round fights."

Why?

Because people asking for 15 round fights, are ignoring the fact that we have the 29 hour before the fight weigh ins. If you want 15 round fights, then lets go back to same day weigh ins and have guys of much more similar weights.

a 15 round fight would have probably been worse for jr. sergio would have paced himself for 15 rounds while jr would have thrown less per round also. the outcome would have been the same.

the KD made for some excitement but like you and i said, it just gives chavez fans a reason to not say that sergio dominated him. remember also that sergio was throwing back and started getting his head cleared. it wasnt like he was out on his feet or anything.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum