The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

geale seeking real deal

+3
NJBeatdown86
Diego408
shakefree
7 posters

Go down

geale seeking real deal Empty geale seeking real deal

Post  shakefree Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:05 pm

"IBF and WBA middleweight world champion Daniel Geale continues to be wooed by American television executives.
Geale and promoter Gary Shaw met HBO president Ken Hershman yesterday and will continue talks once the winner of the Sergio Martinez-Julio Cesar Chavez Jr fight is decided on Sunday.
"We spoke a little but everything is on hold until Saturday, until we know who the winner is," Shaw said. "There is a lot of interest in Daniel."
Geale was introduced at the Martinez-Chavez Jr press conference and has generated a lot of interest from the mainstream boxing media as the middleweight division dares to dream of a unified champion.
It is understood Martinez is willing to go straight into talks with Geale to unify the division if he claims Chavez Jr's WBC belt on Sunday.
HBO programmers are also salivating at the prospect of an undisputed champion, unseen since "Marvelous" Marvin Hagler dominated the division.
The interest in Geale contains the tremendous irony that he is the one Australian fighter US fans are excited by - an opportunity sound machine Anthony Mundine appears to have passed up because of his unwillingness to take real fights.
Mundine had a chance to fight Geale nine months ago but knocked it back.
It has never been revealed, but Geale's management team yesterday confirmed they struck a deal earlier this year with Mundine's manager Khoder Nasser for a rematch in Australia.
"I put it to Khoder nine months ago and we made the deal for them to fight," Grange Old School Boxing's Bill Treacy said.
After weeks of negotiation, "He came back to me and said he spoke to [Mundine] and he said he will never fight Geale again."

source http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/boxing-mma/geale-seeking-real-tv-deal/story-fndeeimb-1226474474904

shakefree

Back to top Go down

geale seeking real deal Empty Re: geale seeking real deal

Post  Diego408 Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:12 pm

Martinez vs Geale sounds like a great match up.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:32 pm

I'd love to see Geale fight Golovkin.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:46 pm

To me, Geale is 2nd tier guy that beat a belt holder that was on the way out. I think Maravilla crushes him & Golovkin would kill him.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:41 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:To me, Geale is 2nd tier guy that beat a belt holder that was on the way out. I think Maravilla crushes him & Golovkin would kill him.
..i tend to agree.geales not the big banger hes made out to be ..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:48 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:To me, Geale is 2nd tier guy that beat a belt holder that was on the way out. I think Maravilla crushes him & Golovkin would kill him.

Geale has won 2 trinkets. He fights hard. He wants to be as good as he can be. I respect him.

I don't see him beating Martinez. I think THE GOLOVKIN KOs him, but I'd like to see THE GOLOVKIN fight again soon before saying that with 100% confidence.

I think Geale has a good shot at beating anyone else in the division.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:54 pm

captainanddew wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

Geale has won 2 trinkets. He fights hard. He wants to be as good as he can be. I respect him.

I don't see him beating Martinez. I think THE GOLOVKIN KOs him, but I'd like to see THE GOLOVKIN fight again soon before saying that with 100% confidence.

I think Geale has a good shot at beating anyone else in the division.

I agree with capt 100%. I respect Geale and think he could easily be the 3rd best middleweight. He will fight anyone anywhere IMO.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum