The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London under 10 inches of Snow in November....

3 posters

Go down

London under 10 inches of Snow in November.... Empty London under 10 inches of Snow in November....

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:03 am

..... bad times.....

dbudge

Back to top Go down

London under 10 inches of Snow in November.... Empty Re: London under 10 inches of Snow in November....

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:22 am

Thats insane. I love the snow but not that much this soon. Just think it was 79 Fahrenheit or 29 Celsius here in Oklahoma just 3 days ago and now its 31 Fahrenheit or -1 Celsius.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

London under 10 inches of Snow in November.... Empty Re: London under 10 inches of Snow in November....

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:29 am

Soonermark890 wrote:Thats insane. I love the snow but not that much this soon. Just think it was 79 Fahrenheit or 29 Celsius here in Oklahoma just 3 days ago and now its 31 Fahrenheit or -1 Celsius.

i haven't got a clue about fahrenheit. don't you subtract 22 and half it or something to work it out in celsius. it's 1 degrees C here but the snow is still coming down. they are forecasting it to do this all night so i doubt i'll be working tomorrow. i've never seen it this bad before Xmas. usually the worse of our snow comes at the end of january beginning of february time. England has another 10 days of cold weather, this could be really problematic for the economy at such a vital time of year for businesses

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:02 pm

Great so Chris Moyles will be yapping about that for another hour during his show tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:49 pm

Ali wrote:Great so Chris Moyles will be yapping about that for another hour during his show tomorrow.

don't listen to it then? i can't stand moyles

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:50 pm

dbudge wrote:
Ali wrote:Great so Chris Moyles will be yapping about that for another hour during his show tomorrow.

don't listen to it then? i can't stand moyles

I like his show I just don't want to hear about the blooming weather 24/7.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:57 pm

It's all Global Warming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:14 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:It's all Global Warming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

must be!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:17 pm

dbudge wrote:..... bad times.....

can't wait until I make it to my future homeland again.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:32 am

well at the moment the airports are shut and another 8 inches are expected tonight. this is some of the worse weather i've seen and it's odd for the time of the year

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:36 am

dbudge wrote:well at the moment the airports are shut and another 8 inches are expected tonight. this is some of the worse weather i've seen and it's odd for the time of the year
That sucks.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:52 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
dbudge wrote:well at the moment the airports are shut and another 8 inches are expected tonight. this is some of the worse weather i've seen and it's odd for the time of the year
That sucks.

i might try and get some pictures up in a bit, it's mental

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:15 pm

I lived in England, not too far from London, when I was a kid back in the late 50's, my father was stationed in the U.S. Air Force there. We stayed there 3 about years, and I can only recall it snowing (lightly) there about twice. Ten inches of snow in late November in London must be some kind of record.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Ring wrote:

I lived in England, not too far from London, when I was a kid back in the late 50's, my father was stationed in the U.S. Air Force there. We stayed there 3 about years, and I can only recall it snowing (lightly) there about twice. Ten inches of snow in late November in London must be some kind of record.

some years it doesn't snow at all. others it usually snows at the end of January/ early February. i have never seen snow in November before. i'm told that in the 70s Britain had really severe snow as deep as 3-4 foot but this is the worst i know of for the time of year. It rarely snows in London at all so it is rather unusual

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:53 pm

dbudge wrote:
Ring wrote:

some years it doesn't snow at all. others it usually snows at the end of January/ early February. i have never seen snow in November before. i'm told that in the 70s Britain had really severe snow as deep as 3-4 foot but this is the worst i know of for the time of year. It rarely snows in London at all so it is rather unusual

oh yeah whereabouts in England were you living then?

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:13 pm

dbudge wrote:
dbudge wrote:
Ring wrote:

Woodbridge & Bentwaters Air Force Base, near Woodbridge for 2 years, and we lived off Base in the City of Ipswich for a year. I can remember the double decker buses, and riding my bicycle down to the River.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:43 pm

Ring wrote:
dbudge wrote:
dbudge wrote:
Ring wrote:

Woodbridge & Bentwaters Air Force Base, near Woodbridge for 2 years, and we lived off Base in the City of Ipswich for a year. I can remember the double decker buses, and riding my bicycle down to the River.

Eastern England then... lots of farms around that part of the country! i don't actually live in London anymore, i actually live just outside in Kent now about 20 miles from the City. The double decker bus is most definitely a London thing! whenever i get back into England from being abroad it is things like double decker buses and the distinctive red telephone boxes that make me feel as if there's no place like home Very Happy

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:58 pm

There were plenty of double decker buses in Ipswich back in 1957, another thing I remember, was English coins, I still have the old Pennys I collected and brought back to the States in 1958, some of them have dates from the 1700's, and these were in circulation at the time! I also remember how nice the English were to us 'Yanks, and castles everywhere, I had a blast in England, it was a great place for a kid to grow up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Ring wrote:There were plenty of double decker buses in Ipswich back in 1957, another thing I remember, was English coins, I still have the old Pennys I collected and brought back to the States in 1958, some of them have dates from the 1700's, and these were in circulation at the time! I also remember how nice the English were to us 'Yanks, and castles everywhere, I had a blast in England, it was a great place for a kid to grow up.

Smile I am glad you had a nice experience there Ring.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:01 pm

Ali wrote:
Ring wrote:There were plenty of double decker buses in Ipswich back in 1957, another thing I remember, was English coins, I still have the old Pennys I collected and brought back to the States in 1958, some of them have dates from the 1700's, and these were in circulation at the time! I also remember how nice the English were to us 'Yanks, and castles everywhere, I had a blast in England, it was a great place for a kid to grow up.

Smile I am glad you had a nice experience there Ring.

Thanks Ali, because of the way were treated when I lived in England back in the 50's, i'll always have a place in my heart for the English/Irish/Scots, it was kind of like going back to the "motherland".

BTW, on our way back to the U.S. from England, we had to take a train ride through Scotland, I believe we caught a Plane from an Airport in Aberdeen, and flew from there to Newfoundland, Canada, changed Planes and then flew on to the U.S.

I remember seeing huge flocks of sheep in the Scottish country side.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down