The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are the fights coming up that you are most interested in?

+5
shakefree
UBeeg9cats
Diego408
dmar5143
Soonermark890
9 posters

Go down

What are the fights coming up that you are most interested in? Empty What are the fights coming up that you are most interested in?

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:18 pm

List the top 5 fights on the schedule.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What are the fights coming up that you are most interested in? Empty Re: What are the fights coming up that you are most interested in?

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:22 pm

My 5
1. Chavez jr vs Martinez
2. Maidana vs Soto Karras
3. Canelo vs Lopez
4. Donaire vs Nishioki
5. Ward vs Dawson
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

What are the fights coming up that you are most interested in? Empty Re: What are the fights coming up that you are most interested in?

Post  Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Sergio Martinez vs. Julius Cesar Chavez Jr
Toshiaki Nishioka vs. Nonito Donaire
Brandon Rios vs. Mike Alvarado
Felix Sturm vs. Daniel Geale
Ricky Burns vs. Kevin Mitchell

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:My 5
1. Chavez jr vs Martinez
3. Canelo vs Lopez
4. Donaire vs Nishioki
5. Ward vs Dawson
...good topic and choices.ill add the rios fight inplace of maidanas fight.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:32 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:My 5
1. Chavez jr vs Martinez
3. Canelo vs Lopez
4. Donaire vs Nishioki
5. Ward vs Dawson
...good topic and choices.ill add the rios fight inplace of maidanas fight.
I completely forgot about the Rios fight. I will put it at number 2 and drop the Ward vs Dawson fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Ali wrote:Sergio Martinez vs. Julius Cesar Chavez Jr
You just want to see Sturm lose huh?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Martinez vs Chavez jr.

Thats a potential FOTY. Chavez is gonna come Forward, throw to the body and try to get Martinez on the ropes. Martinez is going to be mobile throughout the whole fight. He's going to be trying to land that power left hand. Chavez has a great chin, but if he takes too many left hands he's going to end up getting KOed. If Chavez successfully gets Martinez on the ropes, he can win. He can't let Martinez get enough room to throw his the over hand left.

I'm amazed with Martinezes left hand. Every time he lands a clean left hand, all his opponent get wobbled.

Chavez best chance to win is if Martinez ages over night. THe man is 38, his time is clicking.

Last edited by Diego408 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Diego408 wrote:Martinez vs Chavez jr.

Thats a potential FOTY. Chavez is gonna come Forward, throw to the body and try to get Martinez on the ropes. Martinez is going to be mobile throughout the whole fight. He's going to be trying to land that power left hand. Chavez has a great chin, but of he takes too many left hands he's going to end up getting KOed. If Chavez successfully gets Martinez on the ropes, he can win. If He can't let Martinez get room to this the over hand left.

I'm amazed with Martinezes left hand. Every time he lands a clean left hand, his his opponent get wobbled.

Chavez best chance to win is if Martinez ages over night. THe man is 38, his time is clicking.
To me its a pick em fight. Its great because the fighter who can impose his will on the other will take it. Their styles will make for an amazing fight that might go the distance. Chavez's chin is the key to the fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:50 pm

1. Alvarado-Rios
2. Sergio-Jr
3. Donaire-Nishioka
4. Ward-Dawson
5. Golovkin-Proksa

Of course, the Devon fight would be on here but he is going to go right through Bailey cool

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:20 pm

geale v sturm
martinez v jcc jr(geale to fight the winner)
ward v dawson(1 less good,but boring fighter to care about)
rigondeaux v marroquin(rigo is p4p material)
4 is all i got...

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:13 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:Sergio Martinez vs. Julius Cesar Chavez Jr
You just want to see Sturm lose huh?

No I think it will be a pretty good match. Sturm's fights are more entertaining now that he's on the decline and Geale comes to fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:07 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

Thats a potential FOTY. Chavez is gonna come Forward, throw to the body and try to get Martinez on the ropes. Martinez is going to be mobile throughout the whole fight. He's going to be trying to land that power left hand. Chavez has a great chin, but of he takes too many left hands he's going to end up getting KOed. If Chavez successfully gets Martinez on the ropes, he can win. If He can't let Martinez get room to this the over hand left.

I'm amazed with Martinezes left hand. Every time he lands a clean left hand, his his opponent get wobbled.

To me its a pick em fight. Its great because the fighter who can impose his will on the other will take it. Their styles will make for an amazing fight that might go the distance. Chavez's chin is the key to the fight.

If Chavez comes in strong like he did in the Lee fight or if Nevada's drug testing and how its administrated somehow makes jr make weight legally then Sergio's constant moving and his awkward style make tire out jr and lead to a KO. I just do not see him doing it tho and pick Jr by decision that will be controversial Jr imposing his will and pressuring to SM moving and picking his shots that will lead to a toss up fight to score!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:09 pm

nano212 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

If Chavez comes in strong like he did in the Lee fight or if Nevada's drug testing and how its administrated somehow makes jr make weight legally then Sergio's constant moving and his awkward style make tire out jr and lead to a KO. I just do not see him doing it tho and pick Jr by decision that will be controversial Jr imposing his will and pressuring to SM moving and picking his shots that will lead to a toss up fight to score!
Thats exactly how I see it. This might be a trilogy.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:44 am

i can always count on sooner to use certain words in his title to confuse me. haha. are we actually talking about the fights we are most "interested" in or most "excited" to see? because those are different. either way, ill make my list.

sergio vs chavez-im interested and excited. interested to see what happens and excited for martinez to hopefully KO chavez.

ward vs dawson-i know that im in the minority but i love watching ward fight. he is such a smart fighter. im more interested in seeing "how" he decides to fight dawson and beat him. is he going to out jab him or fight more on the inside?

rios vs alvarado-im most excited to see this fight. its definitely a FOTY candidate and i think a favorite to win.

mares vs moreno-2 really good fighters actually fighting each other. it will be interesting how both fighters will handle the contrasting style.

golovkin vs proska-i am just hoping that proska brings his A game and makes this a fight.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:39 am

We all know the best fight that everybody wants to see is Povetkin-Rahman
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:12 am

1. Chavez jr vs Martinez: I'm excited about this one. So should the near by hosptial because of the bill Jr is going to run up.

2. Canelo vs Lopez: This is a barn burner. I think people are seriously underestimating Lopez in this one. Both men may be facing their most effective opposition to date, not just Lopez. If Saul wins, he has the marks to show for it.

3. Ward vs Dawson: Boring, one sided affair. Ward wins every round in an uneventful evening. I'll watch this one just in case I'm wrong.

The magic about this thread is that I can get to see if I'm right or wrong.

Nothing against mythical match ups, but we can argue about those forever. It's a shame that the most debated mythical match up is one concerning two fighters in the same era, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Paquiao. Yes, Joe Louis would rise from the dead and beat the shit out of the Klits before MW and Pac mixed it up.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:14 am

Frank wrote:1. Chavez jr vs Martinez: I'm excited about this one. So should the near by hosptial because of the bill Jr is going to run up.

2. Canelo vs Lopez: This is a barn burner. I think people are seriously underestimating Lopez in this one. Both men may be facing their most effective opposition to date, not just Lopez. If Saul wins, he has the marks to show for it.

3. Ward vs Dawson: Boring, one sided affair. Ward wins every round in an uneventful evening. I'll watch this one just in case I'm wrong.

The magic about this thread is that I can get to see if I'm right or wrong.

Nothing against mythical match ups, but we can argue about those forever. It's ashame that the most debated mythical match up is one concerning two fighters in the same era, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Paquiao. Yes, Joe Louis would rise from the dead and beat the shit out of the Klits before MW and Pac mixed it up.
you know, ive been one of the people that have said how canelo will just beat up on lopez and it will be an easy night for him. although that may be true, i am coming to realize canelo's past opponents and his difficulty with them. lets look at gomez for example. gomez isnt a good fighter. he is alright. he was able to fairly easily outbox canelo. he just couldnt do it for that long. i believe that lopez is better in pretty much every aspect than gomez. he is faster, hits harder, has more heart, a better chin, and is a better boxer.

plus, canelo isnt hard to find. he is kind of like ortiz in the sense that he comes forward and doesnt seem to mind getting hit in order to hit his opponent. the trouble that lopez runs into is that canelo is even bigger than ortiz. i dont think that at any point of the ortiz fight that lopez was i trouble, but i do believe that ortiz hurt him with some punches. i just cant see lopez staying away the whole fight. if he gets hit too many times, he is done.

in conclusion, i am definitely still picking canelo to win, but i definitely see lopez being very competitive for some rounds.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:39 am

I'm glad to hear you say that, Power.

I was talking to a friend about our two most recent replacement opponents, Garcia (who stopped Khan in 4) and Lopez (who outgutted Ortiz.)

We came to the conclusion that there just "may" be a good number of fighters who just can't get a fucking break. If they did, at least in the smaller weight divisions, we'd have a different sport. I think there's a good chance that some of the best fighters in the lighter dvisions are unknown at the present time. (remember, Pac got his break as a replacement opponent for Marco Antonio B.).

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down