The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pac-JMM III would be a hell of a fight

+5
hardcorebee24
captainanddew
flapanther2001
Soonermark890
gomez1012
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pac-JMM III would be a hell of a fight Empty Pac-JMM III would be a hell of a fight

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:00 pm

Manny had problems with Marquez in their prior 2 fights, and JMM gave Pac fits in the last one, in 2008, which ended in a somewhat controversial SD for Pacquiao. It's only been a couple years since their last fight, and even at 37 JMM looks better then he ever has, and based on what I saw in Pac-JMM II, I believe Marquez has a shot at winning a 3rd fight, or at the least, it would be very competitive, plus JMM deserves a 3rd fight.

The difference in the 2nd fight was the knockdown, which gave Pacquiao a 2 point round:
Pac-JMM II - Highlights:

Last edited by Ring on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Pac-JMM III would be a hell of a fight Empty Re: Pac-JMM III would be a hell of a fight

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:05 pm

Juan counter at a time

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Pac-JMM III would be a hell of a fight Empty Re: Pac-JMM III would be a hell of a fight

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:07 pm

I just dont understand the logic behind thinking that the second fight was controversial. JMM needs to learn how to stay on his feet. Hell if anything the controversy was in their first fight when the judge was a dumbass and didnt score the first round the way it should have been.

Anyways Pac has improved greatly since their last fight and JMM has aged. He looked good against katsidis but Kat is no PAC. I really do think Pac will end JMM's career if they fight again.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:16 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:I just dont understand the logic behind thinking that the second fight was controversial. JMM needs to learn how to stay on his feet. Hell if anything the controversy was in their first fight when the judge was a dumbass and didnt score the first round the way it should have been.

Anyways Pac has improved greatly since their last fight and JMM has aged. He looked good against katsidis but Kat is no PAC. I really do think Pac will end JMM's career if they fight again.

People look at it as rounds won, in their view, Marquez won more rounds and deserved the decision
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:17 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:I just dont understand the logic behind thinking that the second fight was controversial. JMM needs to learn how to stay on his feet. Hell if anything the controversy was in their first fight when the judge was a dumbass and didnt score the first round the way it should have been.

Somewhat controversial because, it was a split-decision, that was basically decided by the 2 point swing Manny got for the KD and because some folks thought JMM did enough to win it.

Pac-JMM II was a competitive fight Sooner, and who else has given Manny problems like Marquez has? I don't believe there's another fighter out there right now who can test Pacquiao the way Marquez would.

Last edited by Ring on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:18 pm

I just don't see the fight being very competitive. Manny is simply not the same guy he was three years ago. JMM has never seen this fighter.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:23 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

People look at it as rounds won, in their view, Marquez won more rounds and deserved the decision
I had the second fight a clear win even on rounds for Pac. The first fight yes was too close to call. I had JMM winning the majority of the rounds in that one but I think the people that view the second fight as a robbery are either Pac haters or big JMM fans. I just dont understand saying it was controversial or robbery. When I hear controversial that means to me the other guy was robbed. Am I wrong to think that?

It was a very very close fight with many close rounds and the guy who stayed on his feet won.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:33 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

I had the second fight a clear win even on rounds for Pac. The first fight yes was too close to call. I had JMM winning the majority of the rounds in that one but I think the people that view the second fight as a robbery are either Pac haters or big JMM fans. I just dont understand saying it was controversial or robbery. When I hear controversial that means to me the other guy was robbed. Am I wrong to think that?

It was a very very close fight with many close rounds and the guy who stayed on his feet won.

Both of those fights were to close to complain about. Not just close in terms of numbers of rounds, including knockdowns, but also lots of very close rounds.

There is nothing to do but to defer to the judges in that situation, is there?

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:35 pm

It's supposed to be his career ending fight, isn't it?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:48 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

In my view controversial does not necessarily mean robbed, it just means that in this case, one of the judges and some fans saw Marquez as the winner.

For what it's worth, I thought Pacquiao won Pac-JMM II by a couple points, simular to the way 1 of the judges had it, but it was a really close fight on the scorecards.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:03 pm

Marquez is well preserved for 37, but he isn't as sharp physically as he was in their last fight. Pac is much younger and arguably has improved since their last fight. Pac wins going away this time but I'd love for Marquez to get the opportunity. He has earned it a ton more than the shot Mosley, the bum beater Berto, or anyone else.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:11 pm

It seems as though Marquez has made the fight with his performance on Saturday and good for him. I think that if he takes the Pacquiao fight he will never be the same in the ring or his personal life. I honestly feel it will be a one sided beat down that I hope ends early for Juan's sake.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:26 am

Unless Manny has to come down in weight it'll be another one sided affair.

Manny has improved technically since the second fight and seems to have gotten stronger at the higher weights, meanwhile although Marquez is still going strong he has slightly declined. Seems to have slowed down a tad bit which makes him more prone to being tagged by fighters such as Diaz and Katsids.

Plus there is the extra weight which Marquez can't handle, he looked soft and extremely slow in his welterweight debut.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:27 am

For the record Marquez definitely won the rematch.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:46 am

Manny-JMM III not going to happen. Not when only 4,920 showed up to MGM Grand for JMM-Kat fight.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:39 pm

Ali wrote:For the record Marquez definitely won the rematch.

No he didn't.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:07 pm

Pac was a one-handed fighter in those fights. He KO's Marquez early in a third fight, if it happens. Personally I don't see the point.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:00 pm

Ali wrote:Unless Manny has to come down in weight it'll be another one sided affair.

Manny has improved technically since the second fight and seems to have gotten stronger at the higher weights, meanwhile although Marquez is still going strong he has slightly declined. Seems to have slowed down a tad bit which makes him more prone to being tagged by fighters such as Diaz and Katsids.

Plus there is the extra weight which Marquez can't handle, he looked soft and extremely slow in his welterweight debut.

Wait a minute. JMM was in the ring at 145 last weekend and Manny was at 148 for Margarito. What's the problem?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:29 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali wrote:Unless Manny has to come down in weight it'll be another one sided affair.

Wait a minute. JMM was in the ring at 145 last weekend and Manny was at 148 for Margarito. What's the problem?

The problem is that while JMM is taller than Pac, he cannot carry the weight north of 135. Or it could be said that JMM is only good to fight those that are 135 or less. Even if the fight night weight would be very close between Pac and JMM, some people would like Pac to accept a lower weight so he can drain himself and in a way level the so-called playing field.

In reality though, JMM has no leverage whatsoever, just like Shane has none or any other fighters calling out Pac. So if anyone wants a payday, they have to call Arum, Pac and Roach their daddy just to get paid.

And that's sad but payback is a bey.atch.........JMM was parroting the OSDT, 50/50 when he was approached before to fight Pac.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:50 pm

This is the best fight for Pac but I hope he gives some concessions to shut JMM up about the weight. JMM does seem to have Pac's number but has gotten older while Pac has progressed technically and intelligently. This could be close but in reality, we are asking a guy who got KDed by a LW Katsidis to go against a guy who smashed a 165 lb Margarito and dominated a WW fight against Clottey and Cotto.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:07 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:This is the best fight for Pac but I hope he gives some concessions to shut JMM up about the weight. JMM does seem to have Pac's number but has gotten older while Pac has progressed technically and intelligently. This could be close but in reality, we are asking a guy who got KDed by a LW Katsidis to go against a guy who smashed a 165 lb Margarito and dominated a WW fight against Clottey and Cotto.

LOL

Just like that and everything is forgiven...............

Here's a novel idea, stop running your mouth to get a payday and asking terms and conditions you have no leverage to be asking. Just assume the position.............LOL, again

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:57 pm

Am I the only one who remembers JMM running away from Pac after their first fight? Didnt he gave up a big payday at the time and instead fought Chris John and got KTFO for like one tenth of what they offered him to fight Pac again? Or does my memory just suck?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:05 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Am I the only one who remembers JMM running away from Pac after their first fight? Didnt he gave up a big payday at the time and instead fought Chris John and got KTFO for like one tenth of what they offered him to fight Pac again? Or does my memory just suck?

Nacho's fault
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:33 pm

I don't like the fight at all. Katsidis pushed JMM. Manny literally does everything significantly better than Katsidis. Everything. This fight (whether it's held at 144 or 147) would make a mockery of JMM's face.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:44 pm

Gumby wrote:I don't like the fight at all. Katsidis pushed JMM. Manny literally does everything significantly better than Katsidis. Everything. This fight (whether it's held at 144 or 147) would make a mockery of JMM's face.

Its a tough topic because whom would you want Pac to face instead? I saw an article on Bleacher Report that was an interesting challenge to Pac to finish his career. JMM at LW, Bradley at JWW, Berto at WW, Shane at JMW (not interested in this one), and Sergio at MW. I liked it except for Shane and also wondered about what lineal titles he could win with those 5 fights. The LW would definitely be up for grabs. The JWW could be if Bradley beat Devon and Khan-Maidana winner. If Floyd gets removed because of legal problems, Berto-Pac would be for the lineal crown. Shane is a throw away fight. Put Cintron or Cotto instead and either could be lineal champ that far down the road. Sergio could still have it after all that time as well. Also, the only one that Pac is not a large favorite in is the Sergio fight but Sergio would be 37 or 38 by that time.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next