The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donaire vs. Arce Staples Center in Oct ?

+6
Soonermark890
Diego408
hillsicc303
powerpuncher
captainanddew
gomez1012
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Donaire vs. Arce Staples Center in Oct ? Empty Donaire vs. Arce Staples Center in Oct ?

Post  Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:09 pm

WBO/IBF super bantamweight champion Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire (29-1, 18 KO’s) battles Mexican warrior Jorge “Travieso” Arce ( 60-6-2, 46 KO’s) in October at the famed Staples Center, home of the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard on Monday morning here in the US that he is finalizing details of the eagerly awaited bout which he said “ is about ninety percent sure.”

Arum told us that he wanted to do the fight at the Staples Center which is the venue he prefers but indicated “its not easy to clear a date but that’s the first choice. They are working on clearing a Saturday date for us in October.”

Donaire won the vacant WBO super bantamweight title after Arce relinquished the belt which the Mexican won with a 12th round TKO of Wilfredo Vazquez Jr of Puerto Rico on May 7, 2011.

Arce then successfully defended the title with a 4th round TKO over Simphiwe Nongqayi of South Africa on September 23, 2011 before he gave up the title and dropped down to the bantamweight division where he won the vacant title with a twelve round unanimous decision over Indonesia’s Angy Angkota on November 26, 2011.

Donaire faced Vazquez for the vacant WBO super bantamweight crown and won a twelve round split decision on February 4, 2012 at the Alamadome in San Antonio, Texas.

In his last fight Donaire handily won the IBF title from Jeffrey Mathebula of South Africa at the Home Depot Center in Carson City on July 7. Donaire dropped the awkward and much taller South African in the 4th round with a vicious left hook but was unable to put him away as Mathebula was saved by the bell and backpedaled from then on and refused to engage.

Arce in his last fight faced Puerto Rico’s hard-hitting Jesus Rojas in a war that lasted less than two rounds. Arce dropped Rojas with a big right hand in the opening round after which they traded bombs with the Puerto Rican getting the better of his bitter Mexican rival.

Rojas opened the second round with a low blow and followed with several punches and although Arce was given time to recover he was unable to continue and the fight was declared a “no contest.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/donaire-vs-arce-play-staples-center-october--54825

This will be a massacre.

Back to top Go down

Donaire vs. Arce Staples Center in Oct ? Empty Re: Donaire vs. Arce Staples Center in Oct ?

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:47 pm

The Lollilop Cowboy will annihilate Nonito!
Donaire vs. Arce Staples Center in Oct ? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbkQoMrZucGg0C9YpmVgLgUZcW3ArVyse5Dr28JTUxS12pAZl-OQ
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Donaire vs. Arce Staples Center in Oct ? Empty Re: Donaire vs. Arce Staples Center in Oct ?

Post  captainanddew Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:17 pm

I like Arce, but he shouldn't be anywhere near Donaire. Put Arce in with lower top 10 guys who are still good, but will produce exciting fights he can still win. Putting him in with Donaire to get killed is a waste of time.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:34 am

arce cant handle fighters like donaire. the speed is too much for him.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:54 am

captainanddew wrote:I like Arce, but he shouldn't be anywhere near Donaire. Put Arce in with lower top 10 guys who are still good, but will produce exciting fights he can still win. Putting him in with Donaire to get killed is a waste of time.

Arce smoked WV2 before Nonito did and gets no love for it. Lets stop the hype train with Nonito now please
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:08 am

Nonito is fighting Arce, an Arce that has seen better days.

What happened to the Japanese guy he was calling out so vigorously this past weekend? Why not step and make the fights we want to see(Mares/Rigo). Here we go again...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Donaire vs. Arce Staples Center in Oct ? L4d2___the_sacrifice_poster_by_shaun95-d2zm97u

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Arce is the glen Johnson of the smaller weight classes. Arce fights everyone but he can't win a big fight especially vs very good fighters. Vic and Mijares embarrassed him. He may of beat WV2 but he isn't exactly the best fighter out there, plus the corner stopped it prematurely and WV2 was winning at the time of the stoppage. Arce hasn't one a meaningful fight in a long time.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:36 pm

Arce is the glen Johnson of the smaller weight classes. Arce fights everyone but he can't win a big fight especially vs very good fighters. Vic and Mijares embarrassed him. He may of beat WV2 but he isn't exactly the best fighter out there, plus the corner stopped it prematurely and WV2 was winning at the time of the stoppage. Arce hasn't won* a meaningful fight in a long time.

Last edited by Diego408 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:42 pm

Diego408 wrote:Arce is the glen Johnson of the smaller weight classes. Arce fights everyone but he can't win a big fight especially vs very good fighters. Vic and Mijares embarrassed him. He may of beat WV2 but he isn't exactly the best fighter out there, plus the corner stopped it prematurely and WV2 was winning at the time of the stoppage. Arce hasn't one a meaningful fight in a long time.

Gotta love this nonsense, so Nonito gets credit for WV2 but Arce doesnt? GTFO!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:51 pm

I never gave Nonito credit for WV2. Hes a solid fighter, but no one very special. I believe Top Rank is holding back Donaire from greatness. Donaire could have crushed all top fighter thru his career from 112-122 But Arum is holding him back by putting him into safe fights with awkward style opponents.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:51 pm

Diego408 wrote:I never gave Nonito credit for WV2. Hes a solid fighter, but no one very special. I believe Top Rank is holding back Donaire from greatness. Donaire could have crushed all top fighter thru his career from 112-122 But Arum is holding him back by putting him into safe fights with awkward style opponents.

Nonito wouldnt even rematch Vic

I like his talent, but like you mentioned the matchmaking has been awful

Quit protecting his damn record.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:54 pm

No reason for Donaire to rematch Vic.

Donaire's matchmaking has been bad. And every time he has a huge scintillating win (Vic or Montiel), it is followed up by alot of sitting. HIs promoter and his manager are horrible.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:20 pm

captainanddew wrote:No reason for Donaire to rematch Vic.

Donaire's matchmaking has been bad. And every time he has a huge scintillating win (Vic or Montiel), it is followed up by alot of sitting. HIs promoter and his manager are horrible.

When Vic was tearing thru 115 I would of liked to have seen it, but like Diego mentioned, Top Rank was protecting Nonito from facing anybody legit at that point
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Donaire vs. Arce Staples Center in Oct ? Empty Donaire is fighting Arce on Oct 20th

Post  Diego408 Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:50 pm

According to Arum. Shit Im starting to doubt Arum will ever put Donaire in a meaningful/dangerous fight ever again.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:54 pm

At least it sounds exciting I guess.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Didn't Vic already crush him?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:28 am

flapanther2001 wrote:Didn't Vic already crush him?
yes and i feel like it will be the same type of fight. arce, just like many mexican styled fighters, has trouble with speed. donaire will be able to hit him at will. the only way arce has a chance is if he either catches him early (which isnt likely since he isnt a one punch KO artist) or can somehow wear him down (which isnt likely either because i doubt he will land enough to do it).
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Yes 2-3 weight divisions ago. And Arce looked faded in that fight.

Nonito's run since the Darchinyan KO has weak. Other than Montiel its been nothing but no-names, smaller guys, or faded fighters.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:27 am

Donaire will obliterate Arce.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:27 pm

SlickMoney wrote:

Yes 2-3 weight divisions ago. And Arce looked faded in that fight.

Nonito's run since the Darchinyan KO has weak. Other than Montiel its been nothing but no-names, smaller guys, or faded fighters.

+1

Like Diego said, it really feels like they arent going to challenge Donaire. He'll probably move up to 126 and fight Chris John or something instead of facing Mares, Rigondeaux, or Nishioka
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:04 pm

I hope so. I want a better matchup than this.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:14 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

If Donaire did fight Nishioka instead and Rigondeaux fought Mares while retaining his free agency, we could be right around the corner from a big, big fight. Of course, I feel like there is a better chance of me facing Mares at this point.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:34 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

If Donaire did fight Nishioka instead and Rigondeaux fought Mares while retaining his free agency, we could be right around the corner from a big, big fight. Of course, I feel like there is a better chance of me facing Mares at this point.
arum is not putting donaire in there with mares. mares is very tough and has a lot of skill. i think that mares has a huge chance of beating him which is why arum wont do it.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next