The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corely credits new supplement for his recent wins.........

Go down

Corely credits new supplement for his recent wins......... Empty Corely credits new supplement for his recent wins.........

Post  Guest Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:42 am

BoxingScene.com: What is it that’s changed with you? You had a rough stretch where you lost several fights in a row for some time, and now you’ve put two big wins together. Is there something that’s changed in training to allow you to turn things around?

Corley: “(laughs) It’s funny you say ‘change in training,’ because me and my trainer, it wasn’t a falling out, but the trainer who worked with me the last few fights (Tyrone Jones) just went MIA on me. I had to go back to my old trainer who I won my old title with in 2001 (Bernard Roach). We’re back working together. Now I haven’t heard from [Jones]. We haven’t spoken since May 12. I don’t know where he’s at. He hasn’t returned any of my texts or my calls.

“I’m still training the same way. I’m just taking some supplements from West Africa that’s helping me with my performance and my endurance level. That’s pretty much it. My drive — I wanted it more the last couple fights, and I lost, and me not winning the fights, where I won the fights but not getting the decision just made me fight harder. I know every time I’m in the ring I got to fight harder from now on. I can’t just fight hard and not push it to the limit, because I’m always going against someone in their backyard or I’m the underdog.”

BoxingScene.com: What are the supplements that you’re taking? And what is the difference that you feel because of them?

Corley: “The supplements, everybody wants to know what I’m taking because of what Andre Berto went through and what Lamont Peterson just went through with steroids and stuff, but my stuff is certified with the USADA. It’s just natural herbs. It’s some herbs that I’m taking. When it’s time for me to say what I’m taking, then I’ll tell. But until then, I’ma keep it a secret (laughs).”

BoxingScene.com: And how do you feel different because of them?

Corley: “My performance level. I can get in there and fight at a pace like I’m young again. I mean, my last few fights, I’m fighting at a higher level now. I just had a birthday. I’m 38 years old and I feel I’m performing as an 18-year-old right now. I just started back training and I don’t feel no slacking or none of that in my workouts right now. Ready to go.”

BoxingScene.com: Had you ever taken anything before, or is this your first time turning to this kind of thing?

Corley: “This is my first time. It was on ‘Dr. Oz.’ You can drink it in a tea or you can take it in pills or you can put it in a protein shake. It’s for high blood pressure, diabetes and everything. If I keep pitching it, you’ll know what I’m talking about. It was on ‘Dr. Oz,’ and a lot of people are taking it, but a lot of people don’t know about it.”

BoxingScene.com: What did you feel like before you were taking it?

Corley: “When I fought Ruslan Provodnikov, I was in the gym and had just started taking it in December. I beat that guy, and it really took a lot out of me for them not to give me the decision. I knew that the stuff had really given me an edge. In the 10th round I was on him and putting combinations together. I wasn’t tired. I was never winded, but before the Ruslan fight, I faded a little bit like in the ninth and 10th rounds when I fought the other Russian.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/demarcus-corley-credits-supplement-career-revival--53849

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum