The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao vs Marquez III needs to get made ASAP

Go down

Pacquiao vs Marquez III needs to get made ASAP Empty Pacquiao vs Marquez III needs to get made ASAP

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:12 pm

If Pac-Margo did 1.1 million PPV buys, just imagine what Pac-JMM III would do, I say make it happen in April of next year.

JMM Highlights:

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs Marquez III needs to get made ASAP Empty Re: Pacquiao vs Marquez III needs to get made ASAP

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:23 pm

I am in no rush to see an overweight Marquez being brutalized.

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs Marquez III needs to get made ASAP Empty Re: Pacquiao vs Marquez III needs to get made ASAP

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:30 pm

Ali wrote:I am in no rush to see an overweight Marquez being brutalized.

Maybe so, but money talks and bullshit walks, this fight will get made because it will generate mega-bucks, and that's the bottom line for Arum & Pacquiao.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:37 pm

Ring wrote:
Ali wrote:I am in no rush to see an overweight Marquez being brutalized.

Maybe so, but money talks and bullshit walks, this fight will get made because it will generate mega-bucks, and that's the bottom line for Arum & Pacquiao.

It'll get made because Marquez is desperate for a third fight, he'll end up agreeing to meet Manny above 140lb which is a horrible weight for him.

Hopefully Berto gets the nod ahead of him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:46 pm

Given last night I'm just not sure there is a more logical fight than JMM Manny anymore.

I think JMM gets annihilated and I'd like to see the fight at as light a weight as possible...but it is the logical fight isn't it?
BTW anyone know where JMM entered the ring last night in weight?

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:55 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Given last night I'm just not sure there is a more logical fight than JMM Manny anymore.

I think JMM gets annihilated and I'd like to see the fight at as light a weight as possible...but it is the logical fight isn't it?

I believe he weighed 145 in the ring last night.

Pac is only going to weigh 148 or so on fightnight.

I said last night in the chat forget the weigh in weight. Marquez should treat it as a lightweight fight, come in around 135, rehydrate to his normal 145. He'd be in optimal shape, he'd have done the same thing he has been doing, and he'd only be a few pounds below Pac.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:09 pm

captainanddew wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:Given last night I'm just not sure there is a more logical fight than JMM Manny anymore.

I said last night in the chat forget the weigh in weight. Marquez should treat it as a lightweight fight, come in around 135, rehydrate to his normal 145. He'd be in optimal shape, he'd have done the same thing he has been doing, and he'd only be a few pounds below Pac.

If JMM came in last night at 145, what the hell is the issue? WHO CARES where they weigh-in?

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:12 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

If JMM came in last night at 145, what the hell is the issue? WHO CARES where they weigh-in?

Yeah, I would say who cares. Pac is going to be 148. If he ends up higher he'll be sluggish for him. Marquez should take the fight and do his normal thing. People would make a big deal about weigh in weight, but all die hard fans will know that there is only going to be a 3-4 pound difference on fight night (which really just reflects that Marquez is still a lightweight and Manny is really a junior welter).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:12 pm

I pay no interest to weights on fight night, Hatton rehydrated as high as Jr Middleweight many nights but that doesn't mean he could've challenged Vernon Forrest may he rest in peace.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:52 pm

Ali wrote:I pay no interest to weights on fight night, Hatton rehydrated as high as Jr Middleweight many nights but that doesn't mean he could've challenged Vernon Forrest may he rest in peace.

Respectfully Ali, that is the ONLY weight that counts. The ones at which they fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down