The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manny Pac on Gay Marriage.

+4
captainanddew
SlickMoney
kbyte
Frank
8 posters

Go down

Manny Pac on Gay Marriage.  Empty Manny Pac on Gay Marriage.

Post  Frank Tue May 15, 2012 8:57 am

Pacquiao has openly repudiated Obama's views on gay marriage. (Article below). I personally don't give a shit about anyone's sex life but my own. That said, when things are going as well in your life as they are in Pac's life, my advice is to "shut the fuck up" and enjoy the ride. Pac may have alienated a good percentage of his audience. Comments?

Article

Boxing champion Manny Pacquiao has come out swinging against US President Barack Obama's personal endorsement of same-sex marriage.

In an interview with the National Conservative Examiner, the religious Pacquiao said Obama's view was nothing more than a direct attack on the morals of society and the will of God.

"God only expects man and woman to be together and to be legally married, only if they so are in love with each other," he said.

"It should not be of the same sex so as to adulterate the altar of matrimony, like in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah of old," he added, citing the Bible.

Recently voted Forbes' fourth most influential athlete, the Filipino described same-sex marriage as an "abomination" and went on to say that America should be the model of morality for other countries to emulate.

Pacquiao, currently the World Boxing Organization welterweight champion and regarded by many as the best pound-for-pound boxer on the planet, already has a burgeoning career out of the ring. He is a member of the Philippines legislature, hosts a weekly TV game show and has his own vegetable business. He is also hoping to become a leading Christian evangelist after having a religious "awakening."

Last week Obama became the first US president to say publicly that he backed gay marriage. Although many politicians, showbiz celebrities and commentators have expressed views on the contentious issue, high-profile members of the sporting community have been largely silent.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Manny Pac on Gay Marriage.  Empty Re: Manny Pac on Gay Marriage.

Post  Guest Tue May 15, 2012 10:30 am

That doesn't surprise me at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Tue May 15, 2012 1:51 pm

What a dumbass.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue May 15, 2012 4:17 pm

A lot of athletes share the same opinion
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue May 15, 2012 5:17 pm

SlickMoney wrote:A lot of athletes share the same opinion

alot of non-athletes share the same opinion.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 15, 2012 5:21 pm

Funny for a guy that supported Harry "Whore House" Reid's re-election. Reid is in support of gay marriage.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Tue May 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Shouldn't come as a shock, Pac is a fanatical Catholic. He showed up to support Harry Reid simply because Arum told him to. And that's what makes Pac's political involvement so bad, he is obviously easily manipulated, and can be taken advantage by the power elite in the Phillipines.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed May 16, 2012 7:53 am

It just occured to me that if all of us are interested in a boxer's opinion on gay marriage, there's just not enough action in the sport at this time. LOL

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 17, 2012 2:21 am

Floyd Mayweather
I stand behind President Obama & support gay marriage. I'm an American citizen & I believe people should live their life the way they want.

You knew that was going to come out.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu May 17, 2012 7:28 am

simple question. Why is anyone asking Pac about gay marriage? Because he is a politician? Celebrity? Or both?

He is a congressman in the Phillippinnes. When Merkel, Cameron, etc... come to the US, they are asked about international issues by and large, not US domestic policy issues.

I don't hear about NBA superstars being asked about gay marriage.

I feel like Pac is not too bright. He had an organization looking to create controversy. They had done enough research to know his background and that he would be against gay marriage. He got asked a question that most other foreign politicians or athletes would not have been asked. And Pac doesn't have a team in place that is politically saavy enough to know that: (a)no one else is being asked this, (b)-you don't answer the question.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu May 17, 2012 7:57 am

GrantZilla wrote:Floyd Mayweather
I stand behind President Obama & support gay marriage. I'm an American citizen & I believe people should live their life the way they want.

This is hilarious. So MW won't fight Manny but he'll tailgate his comments as though the two of them were running for office. I've stated on numerous occasions that I've never seen anything like the conduct of MW, and I doubt I'll ever see it again.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 17, 2012 10:33 am

LOL yeah right, I can just imagine Floyd calling multiple people faggots.

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu May 17, 2012 5:34 pm

Yet he's been seen on video using words like faggot and homo non-stop.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri May 18, 2012 5:18 am

"I'm not against the gay people. I'm not condemning them. ... I have a cousin (who is) gay. I have relatives (who are) gay. I have a lot of friends (who are) gay, so I'm not condemning gays. What I said is I'm not in favor of same-sex marriage. That's the one thing I said to the guy."- Manny Pacquiao

Classic backtrack. I just love the bold.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Fri May 18, 2012 9:11 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:"I'm not against the gay people. I'm not condemning them. ... I have a cousin (who is) gay. I have relatives (who are) gay. I have a lot of friends (who are) gay, so I'm not condemning gays. What I said is I'm not in favor of same-sex marriage. That's the one thing I said to the guy."- Manny Pacquiao

I really don't know why anyone should be against gay marriage. If two gay guys want to get married how does it have any effect on anyone else? Its their business. Pacs' an idiot to say he has nothing against gay people but he doesn't want them to be able to get married. Why? Is he not gonna be able to sleep at night knowing that gay people are getting married? Its stupid.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri May 18, 2012 9:22 am

kbyte wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:"I'm not against the gay people. I'm not condemning them. ... I have a cousin (who is) gay. I have relatives (who are) gay. I have a lot of friends (who are) gay, so I'm not condemning gays. What I said is I'm not in favor of same-sex marriage. That's the one thing I said to the guy."- Manny Pacquiao

I really don't know why anyone should be against gay marriage. If two gay guys want to get married how does it have any effect on anyone else? Its their business. Pacs' an idiot to say he has nothing against gay people but he doesn't want them to be able to get married. Why? Is he not gonna be able to sleep at night knowing that gay people are getting married? Its stupid.
I agree. Now, the following points may or may not be good ones to put against Mitt Romney. However, as far as I know the following information is accurate.

1. A major argument the Republicans have against gay marriage is that it would open the door for other different types of marriages, namely Polygamy.

2. Mitt Romney is a Mormon. The savior of that religion is "John Smith" who openly promoted Polygamy.

3. If Romney repudiates gay marriage without repudiating the savior of his religion, John Smith and his ideas, he may seem like a hypocrite. Though I'm not openly rooting for any candidate, I thought this may be an effective tool for the Obama campaign. If they're too scared to challenge Romney on the premise that they don't want to lose the Mormon vote, they're just not too smart. Romney had those votes before he even decided to run. LOL

(Note: As far as Pac is concerned, it seems if you research his comments further, they were blown out of proportion.)

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri May 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Frank wrote:
kbyte wrote:

I agree. Now, the following points may or may not be good ones to put against Mitt Romney. However, as far as I know the following information is accurate.

1. A major argument the Republicans have against gay marriage is that it would open the door for other different types of marriages, namely Polygamy.

2. Mitt Romney is a Mormon. The savior of that religion is "John Smith" who openly promoted Polygamy.

3. If Romney repudiates gay marriage without repudiating the savior of his religion, John Smith and his ideas, he may seem like a hypocrite. Though I'm not openly rooting for any candidate, I thought this may be an effective tool for the Obama campaign. If they're too scared to challenge Romney on the premise that they don't want to lose the Mormon vote, they're just not too smart. Romney had those votes before he even decided to run. LOL

(Note: As far as Pac is concerned, it seems if you research his comments further, they were blown out of proportion.)

Romney doesn't like talking about social issues in general. He isn't comfortable with them. I think it has to do with a couple of facts: 1-He isn't that comfortable relating to people; He would much rather discuss economic or foreign policy issues where he doesn't have to display as much human emotion. 2-His mormon faith. He understands all the issues it raises.

So Romney will say he believes marriage should be only between a man and a woman. That satisfies his base. Then he tries to immediately steer the conversation back to something other than gay marriage. He doesn't want to have people pushing him on his view and/or asking follow-up questions about his religion.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 18, 2012 7:25 pm

captainanddew wrote:Romney doesn't like talking about social issues in general. He isn't comfortable with them. I think it has to do with a couple of facts: 1-He isn't that comfortable relating to people; He would much rather discuss economic or foreign policy issues where he doesn't have to display as much human emotion. 2-His mormon faith. He understands all the issues it raises.

So Romney will say he believes marriage should be only between a man and a woman. That satisfies his base. Then he tries to immediately steer the conversation back to something other than gay marriage. He doesn't want to have people pushing him on his view and/or asking follow-up questions about his religion.

I don't see a problem with that, since both these issues are far bigger than whether gay people should get married. Besides, it doesn't matter what a possible future President thinks about it. He will not be making the decision on it one way or another. The States and Courts will.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat May 19, 2012 8:22 am

I know this comment is out of context, however I want a test to prove to me that Romney is human. The son of a bitch looks like a man made robot to me. Looks like a Stepford Husband. Could you imagine how embarrassing it would be if he was exposed during a debate with Obama. It go something like this; Romney: Hello, my name is Mick Romney and I'm running for president of the United States.... Hello, my name is Mick Romney and I'm running for president of the United States...... Hello, my name is Mick Romney and I'm running for president of the United States...

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue May 22, 2012 7:46 pm

Manny isn't from the US and I have no idea what things are like in the Philippines so I don't care to much about his comments. His culture is different from ours.

On the home front, gay marriage is one issue in which I think Mitt will be happy to tow the party line.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Could this help sell the PPV ?

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri May 25, 2012 12:45 pm

Probably not
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri May 25, 2012 1:08 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:Probably not
NJ Beatdown, this has nothing to do with the subject of the thread, but I love your fucking name. LOL I'm from Jersey too. Nothing like a Jersey ass whipping.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri May 25, 2012 1:12 pm

hahahaha back when I used to be part of the hardcore/metal local scene we had an incident where a bunch of kids from out of state showed up and started fighting and smashing up the venue. Everybody pretty much banded together and kicked them out, threatening a "Jersey beatdown" if they didn't go home. That's where I got it from.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum