The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anthony Dirrell in motorcycle crash, out for six months

2 posters

Go down

Anthony Dirrell in motorcycle crash, out for six months Empty Anthony Dirrell in motorcycle crash, out for six months

Post  Guest Sat May 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Super-middleweight contender Anthony Dirrell has been injured in a motorcycle crash, according to tweets from his brother, Andre Dirrell, on Friday evening.

“Feeling very sick about the news I’ve received today,” Andre Dirrell wrote. “My little brother, Anthony Dirrell, has got into a motorcycle accident.

“I just got news that surgery went smoothly but he’ll be out for six months,” Andre wrote. “I ask that you pray for him in this time of need.

“It’ll be a very hard time for him and I would love if his fans can keep him lifted! Though the WBC shot is off, I pray he can get through it mentally!”

Anthony Dirrell, 27, spent nearly two years out of the sport between 2006 and 2008 while battling lymphoma. He last fought in December, defeating Renan St. Juste via technical knockout in a win that won him a shot at the World Boxing Council’s 168-pound title. The victory brought his record to 24-0 with 21 knockouts.

Leon Lawson, Dirrell's uncle, told Lem Satterfield of RingTV.com that he believes Dirrell broke a leg and an arm.

http://www.boxingscene.com/anthony-dirrell-injured-motorcycle-crash-out-six--52775

Back to top Go down

Anthony Dirrell in motorcycle crash, out for six months Empty Re: Anthony Dirrell in motorcycle crash, out for six months

Post  Diego408 Sat May 12, 2012 4:39 pm

He battled cancer, a case and now serious injuries. Man life just doesn't ever give this man a break.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Anthony Dirrell in motorcycle crash, out for six months Empty Re: Anthony Dirrell in motorcycle crash, out for six months

Post  captainanddew Sat May 12, 2012 4:41 pm

I feel for him. At the same time, I still wonder about his brother's response in the Abraham fight and his following "neurological issues." Is that mean????
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum