The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I asked people around town whose gonna win

4 posters

Go down

I asked people around town whose gonna win Empty I asked people around town whose gonna win

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sat May 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Guys at the gym- Almost everyone said Floyd by decision, one guy thinks Cotto will pull the upset off.

My boss- Who?

Pharmacist- Mayweather

1,000 year old Filipino customer- "Floyd leans back against the ropes in the 10th round and tricks Cotto with an uppercut/left hook combo to score the K.O" (this guy claims to have boxed back in the Phillipines)

other co-worker- Mayweather

Liquor store cashier- "Floyd but I hope Cotto wins"

Redneck at liquor store-"Mayweather, but I hope Cotto kicks his ass"

Guy at the gyro place- "Mayweather wins every round"

Other customer at the gyro place- "Floyd, but it will be more competitive than everyone thinks"

My dad- "Mayweather by huge margain"
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

I asked people around town whose gonna win Empty Re: I asked people around town whose gonna win

Post  Diego408 Sat May 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Everyone I've talked to had similar responses. Mayweather easy UD or stoppage, but a lot of people are hoping Cotto to win. I think more people root against Floyd than for him.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

I asked people around town whose gonna win Empty Re: I asked people around town whose gonna win

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sat May 05, 2012 9:11 pm

Diego408 wrote:Everyone I've talked to had similar responses. Mayweather easy UD or stoppage, but a lot of people are hoping Cotto to win. I think more people root against Floyd than for him.

Which is exactly what he wants, because it sells. Vince McMahon wishes he could have a villain like that.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat May 05, 2012 9:15 pm

Very true. The day he loses, they would make it a national holiday lol

He's probably the most disliked athlete on the planet. But I don't think most of his actions are done for people to dislike, some of it comes off naturally because he a fucking fool.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun May 06, 2012 1:04 am

Other customer at the gyro place- "Floyd, but it will be more competitive than everyone thinks"

We have a winner!

And those gyros were damn good.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun May 06, 2012 10:48 am

[quote="NJBeatdown86"]

Nice!

My prediction was also wrong. I predicted Cotto to be competitive in the early rounds and Floyd take over from round 6 onward like he did vs. Judah.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 06, 2012 2:21 pm

[quote="Shaun"]
NJBeatdown86 wrote:

Nice!

My prediction was also wrong. I predicted Cotto to be competitive in the early rounds and Floyd take over from round 6 onward like he did vs. Judah.

I had a similar thought, I expected Floyd to takeover and wear Miguel down.

I am glad Cotto wasn't stopped, hopefully he can retire on a high note.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun May 06, 2012 2:24 pm

[quote="Ali"]
Shaun wrote:
NJBeatdown86 wrote:

Nice!

I had a similar thought, I expected Floyd to takeover and wear Miguel down.

I am glad Cotto wasn't stopped, hopefully he can retire on a high note.

Yeah, I could be wrong but it appeared as if Floyd purposely let Cotto survive the final round.

I also think Floyd could have fought "safer" like he did vs. Marquez (refusing to get caught up on the ropes).
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun May 06, 2012 2:36 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:Guys at the gym- Almost everyone said Floyd by decision, one guy thinks Cotto will pull the upset off.

My boss- Who?

Pharmacist- Mayweather

1,000 year old Filipino customer- "Floyd leans back against the ropes in the 10th round and tricks Cotto with an uppercut/left hook combo to score the K.O" (this guy claims to have boxed back in the Phillipines)

Damn...were you mixing alcohol with gyros?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun May 06, 2012 5:51 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
NJBeatdown86 wrote:Guys at the gym- Almost everyone said Floyd by decision, one guy thinks Cotto will pull the upset off.

My boss- Who?

Pharmacist- Mayweather

Damn...were you mixing alcohol with gyros?

That's what gyros are for!
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum