The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jessie Vargas vs. Steve Forbes set for May 5th PPV card

+3
nano212
captainanddew
flapanther2001
7 posters

Go down

Jessie Vargas vs. Steve Forbes set for May 5th PPV card Empty Jessie Vargas vs. Steve Forbes set for May 5th PPV card

Post  Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Veteran Steve Forbes will step in to face undefeated welterweight prospect Jessie Vargas on the Floyd Mayweather-Miguel Cotto pay-per-view undercard on May 5. Vargas' original opponent Alfonso Gomez had to pull out due to an injury.

Forbes (35-10, 11 knockouts) has held a major 130-pound title, was the runner up in the second season of The Contender series, challenged Andre Berto for a welterweight title and went the 12-round distance with Oscar De La Hoya in a junior middleweight bout in his 15 years in the sport.

The 35-year-old Portland native has victories over current IBF junior middleweight titleholder Cornelius Bundrage and Francisco Bojado. Forbes lost his last bout, a 10th-round TKO to welterweight prospect Karim Mayfield, last June.

Vargas (18-0, 9 KOs), of Las Vegas, is coming off a 10-round unanimous decision over tough spoiler Lanardo Tyner in February. The 22-year-old Los Angeles native scored an exciting, hard-fought split decision over fringe contender Josesito Lopez on the undercard of Mayweather-Victor Ortiz last September.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/172531-forbes-steps-in-to-face-vargas-on-mayweather-cotto-undercard

Back to top Go down

Jessie Vargas vs. Steve Forbes set for May 5th PPV card Empty Re: Jessie Vargas vs. Steve Forbes set for May 5th PPV card

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Boy...there's a real barn burner.... Crying or Very sad
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Jessie Vargas vs. Steve Forbes set for May 5th PPV card Empty Re: Jessie Vargas vs. Steve Forbes set for May 5th PPV card

Post  captainanddew Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:19 pm

what a waste.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:30 am

I have a soft spot for Forbes because he's always been the little guy who steps in to face guys almost two weight classes above him.

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I have a soft spot for Forbes because he's always been the little guy who steps in to face guys almost two weight classes above him.

I hope Forbes beats him as well!! 2 pounds!!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:08 am

I work out at the same boxing gym in Portland that Forbes use to train at. He's the best fighter my State has ever produced. That's pretty sad.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:21 am

3-7 in his last ten. Forbes should give it up.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 06, 2012 9:58 pm

BREAKING NEWS THAT WILL SHOCK THE WORLKD!

Forbes lost

http://tinyurl.com/d7jxalw
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon May 07, 2012 1:49 pm

They need to stop televising all of Jessie Vergas fights. I've seen more entertainment from watching paint dry.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon May 07, 2012 7:11 pm

Diego408 wrote:They need to stop televising all of Jessie Vergas fights. I've seen more entertainment from watching paint dry.

Agreed. Hopefully Golden Boy convinces Floyd to put him against a quality opponent so he would get stopped. I don't think Vargas can lose on the cards on a Floyd undercard.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down