The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flod vs. Cotto face off preview

5 posters

Go down

Flod vs. Cotto face off preview Empty Flod vs. Cotto face off preview

Post  Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:46 pm

Back to top Go down

Flod vs. Cotto face off preview Empty Re: Flod vs. Cotto face off preview

Post  Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:58 pm

It's a love fest.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:50 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:It's a love fest.
I don't think it's a love fest. Cotto is grateful that Mayweather has given him the opportunity to make millions in a flat economy. Cotto has no chance to win, however I don't think he feels that way. I hope MW takes him out early so Miguel can avoid another terrible beating.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:26 pm

frank i hope cotto can do or put up a strong fight.i think like you its floyd all the way..just because the clip shows common sence in a not a wild way why do we have to say a love fest.sorry again but if ali or hagler cant make a comment thats proper then please leave the kiddy stuff out of it.in the ring both will try to hurt the other guy.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:51 pm

While I realize that Floyd can outbox Cotto all day, does he have enough power to hurt him. If Cotto doesn't gas, it could be fun...
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:51 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:While I realize that Floyd can outbox Cotto all day, does he have enough power to hurt him. If Cotto doesn't gas, it could be fun...

I can see Floyd accumulating enough damage over the rounds to warrant a stoppage.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:07 pm

I might just be a Floyd hater but I can definitely see this closer than you guys are making it out to be. Most likely Floyd wins 9 rounds give or take a round but I believe Miguel is a bigger fighter with a little left and enough experience at the top to not be in awe of the moment. The time with Steward and now this new trainer has given him a better chance at this. Hopefully, Cotto goes to the body and we see this get interesting but you guys may be right.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:45 pm

there is not only a difference in handspeed, footspeed, and reflexes, there is a significant difference in coordination.

People don't give Floyd enough credit for that. His coordination is better than most other top boxers.

I hope Cotto makes it interesting, but I don't think he will.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:52 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:I might just be a Floyd hater but I can definitely see this closer than you guys are making it out to be. Most likely Floyd wins 9 rounds give or take a round but I believe Miguel is a bigger fighter with a little left and enough experience at the top to not be in awe of the moment. The time with Steward and now this new trainer has given him a better chance at this. Hopefully, Cotto goes to the body and we see this get interesting but you guys may be right.
Stick by your opinion UBeeg. We may be right, but we sure as hell don't wanna be. LOL

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:12 am

Frank wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:I might just be a Floyd hater but I can definitely see this closer than you guys are making it out to be. Most likely Floyd wins 9 rounds give or take a round but I believe Miguel is a bigger fighter with a little left and enough experience at the top to not be in awe of the moment. The time with Steward and now this new trainer has given him a better chance at this. Hopefully, Cotto goes to the body and we see this get interesting but you guys may be right.
Stick by your opinion UBeeg. We may be right, but we sure as hell don't wanna be. LOL

I'm not saying Cotto wins but I don't see Mayweather running away with it. It will be one of those close but comfortable wide UDs in boxing. Rounds where Mayweather lands just enough crisp counters to win the round vs Cotto's mildly effective aggression.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down