The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UNRECOGNIZED GREAT CHIN

5 posters

Go down

A UNRECOGNIZED GREAT CHIN Empty A UNRECOGNIZED GREAT CHIN

Post  dmar5143 Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:14 pm

marciano chuvalo basilio lamotta all had truly a great chin and recognized as such..one fighter also had a great chin thats never mentioned.hector macho camacho.yes thats correct.his last fight number 88 in his career and still never was stoped and he was 48 years old..add to that 100 amatuer fights and i come to the conclution this guy has a great chin..the shame of it all is the what if.what if he didnt get distracted stayed focused how great could he have been...the chin has no what ifs.the record speaks for itself.during his career he fought some terricfic punchers.ramierez rosario trinidad delahoya chavez duran twice ray leanord ray mancini vinny paz bozo edwards and a few others.yes they all hit him and several hit him often but the guy was never stoped.hell he was hard to knock down let alone getting koed.
he had guts also and thats rarely mentioned also..he had unlimited potential was one beautifull fighter dispite the what ifs..the chin.theres no what ifs.he had a great one.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

A UNRECOGNIZED GREAT CHIN Empty Re: A UNRECOGNIZED GREAT CHIN

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Good call
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:58 pm

Good point, dmar. Never thought about that but it's true.

Last edited by Frank on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:05 pm

Oliver McCall's atomic chin is legendary. Too bad it get's overshadowed because he was a mental case
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:44 pm

yes mccall has a excellent chin.his loss to lewis was one of the strangest if not the most wierd thing i ever saw in the ring.a complete mental breakdown.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:53 pm

dmar5143 wrote:yes mccall has a excellent chin.his loss to lewis was one of the strangest if not the most wierd thing i ever saw in the ring.a complete mental breakdown.

Ill never forget how Lewis was STILL petrified of McCall even while Oliver made no move to defend himself. Lewis had a man in front of him making ZERO effort to defend himself and couldnt even make McCall BLINK at Lewis best punches.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:55 pm

boxinglawyer wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:yes mccall has a excellent chin.his loss to lewis was one of the strangest if not the most wierd thing i ever saw in the ring.a complete mental breakdown.

Ill never forget how Lewis was STILL petrified of McCall even while Oliver made no move to defend himself. Lewis had a man in front of him making ZERO effort to defend himself and couldnt even make McCall BLINK at Lewis best punches.

That fight was one of the most bizarre things you will ever see in sports.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:00 pm

yep.that and the parachute guy in the hollifield -bowe fight..i also loved when nate cambell i think stood with his arms down at his side like attention before a drill sargent daring the guy to hit him.the guy did and koed him with one shot almost unconsious.i loved it for i hate showboating in the ring.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:06 pm

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down