The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on Devon Alexander

5 posters

Go down

Thoughts on Devon Alexander Empty Thoughts on Devon Alexander

Post  Frank Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:06 pm

I didn't recognize Devon in his last outing. It looks like he's finally found himself as a fighter. Any opinions on Devon vs. Kahn, Pac, Berto, etc??

Frank

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Devon Alexander Empty Re: Thoughts on Devon Alexander

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:10 pm

Frank wrote:I didn't recognize Devon in his last outing. It looks like he's finally found himself as a fighter. Any opinions on Devon vs. Kahn, Pac, Berto, etc??
Devon vs Khan is a crap shoot at this point. Khan's speed would give him a lot of problems. Style wise its a bad matchup for Devon. Devon vs Pac seems like a really fun fight until Pac KO's him late. Berto vs Devon is a perfect fight for Devon as long as he stays disciplined he should be able to win. But then again all three of those guys have cray speed that will cause anyone problems.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:31 am

i need to see devon look this impressive in one more fight against a top opponent to be sold.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:13 pm

I'm excited to see where Devon goes from here. He wants the Ortiz-Berto winner. He will need an interim fight and there are no names out there. The only Ring ranked fighter that is open is Zaveck. The best I can come up with is Carson Jones. He is highly rated in boxrec and the IBF. Devon is already highly ranked in WBC and WBO which are currently owned by Money and Pac. The WBA champ will be Senchenko who is worth nothing or Paulie who wants a fight with Devon anyways.

Basically no good options for the summer.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:07 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I'm excited to see where Devon goes from here. He wants the Ortiz-Berto winner. He will need an interim fight and there are no names out there. The only Ring ranked fighter that is open is Zaveck. The best I can come up with is Carson Jones. He is highly rated in boxrec and the IBF. Devon is already highly ranked in WBC and WBO which are currently owned by Money and Pac. The WBA champ will be Senchenko who is worth nothing or Paulie who wants a fight with Devon anyways.

Basically no good options for the summer.
I think what he needs is a top 20 type guy at 147. Someone that is a true welter to test the waters. I know he just had a fight at welter but Maidana is not a welter. So this summer would be a good time to go after a guy is a bigger guy that doesnt pose a threat to him to make sure the weight is not going to be an issue. Then go after the bigger names.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:40 am

He'll be a solid Welterweight. I put him on the level of Ortiz and Berto. He has good skills and fast hands and decent power. He does look very good against brawlers though, and against good boxers he really struggles a lot.

I thought he won one or two rounds against Bradley. Maybe in an era without Mayweather and Pacquaio he'll probably be some what of a force at Welter. I dont see him at Welter for the rest of his career.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down