The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

24/7

4 posters

Go down

24/7 Empty 24/7

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:14 am

I KNOW HBO is trying to sell the fight. I KNOW we are only seeing snippets of training and sparring. I KNOW the fight is a month away from when that episode was filmed...

BUT

Manny seemed civilized. Not a good thing. Ask Mickey Goldmill...
Margarito just doesn't look like a 147-154. He's a freaking GIANT...
Manny was putting himself on the ropes again...
Margarito seemed very focused and relaxed...

Now it could be I'm being setup to pay $55 bucks. But nothing I saw made me think anything other than this is REALLY risky for Manny.

Is it just me?

Back to top Go down

24/7 Empty Re: 24/7

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:53 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:I KNOW HBO is trying to sell the fight. I KNOW we are only seeing snippets of training and sparring. I KNOW the fight is a month away from when that episode was filmed...

BUT

Manny seemed civilized. Not a good thing. Ask Mickey Goldmill...
Margarito just doesn't look like a 147-154. He's a freaking GIANT...
Manny was putting himself on the ropes again...
Margarito seemed very focused and relaxed...

Now it could be I'm being setup to pay $55 bucks. But nothing I saw made me think anything other than this is REALLY risky for Manny.

Is it just me?
If this was pre Cotto. It would be very risky and maybe suicide but I just think margo is a shot fighter who is done being a contender.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:02 am

i hope youtube has a link today before i go to work..marble your insite ill trust..i hope im wrong but all along i felt this fight was a risk for manny and not in his interests to go at 154 or 150..

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:10 am

I'm a sucker for these 24/7 shows too. Hell, they sold me on Hatton having a chance to beat Floyd! Embarassed

As for your points I haven't actually seen the the Pac/Margo ones yet - they start next week on Canadian TV. But, I love the production value that HBO puts into these. Boxing fan or not, this is just good TV.

A couple of years ago this fight would have been a toss up to me, but now I really can't tell how much of Margo was plaster, and how much was heart.

Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:41 pm

Manny's English is way better. It's interesting how he's having to sell the fight now. Like his reaction to whether Margarito knew what was in his wraps. He seems much more commercialized this time around.

Koncz's answer to why Margarito was on point. It was the best $ fight for Pac. Garcia's answer to why he would train Margo (I really believed him...he's a great guy...he didn't know, etc.) was not. He wanted $ too.

Is Freddie Roach's arm tatoo new? And does he look younger and healthier or is it just me?[Pacquiao has some good sparring and training partners up there. I was wondering about whether that would be an issue outside of Wildcard.

Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:07 pm

Gumby wrote:Manny's English is way better. It's interesting how he's having to sell the fight now. Like his reaction to whether Margarito knew what was in his wraps. He seems much more commercialized this time around.

Koncz's answer to why Margarito was on point. It was the best $ fight for Pac. Garcia's answer to why he would train Margo (I really believed him...he's a great guy...he didn't know, etc.) was not. He wanted $ too.

Is Freddie Roach's arm tatoo new? And does he look younger and healthier or is it just me?[
Pacquiao has some good sparring and training partners up there. I was wondering about whether that would be an issue outside of Wildcard.

He looked better at that sequence in the mall than I've seen him look in a couple of years. Improved meds maybe?

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:22 pm

glen tapia's a great prospect and watching his sparring sessions i saw him catch manny at least twice with BIG uppercuts when manny was rushing in.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum