The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitali injured left shoulder

2 posters

Go down

Vitali injured left shoulder Empty Vitali injured left shoulder

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:38 pm

Vitali Gets Medical Check, Left Shoulder Injury Confirmed

Munich, Germany - On Sunday morning, WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko visited a hospital in Munich, where Dr. Bernd Kabelka confirmed that a ligament tear in the left shoulder was suffered during Saturday's night twelve round decision win over British boxer Dereck Chisora.

No surgery will be needed, said Kabelka. Klitschko admits that he "suddenly lost strength in the left hand" and was forced to use his right for most of the contest. The injury is believed to have occured in the second or third round. Klitschko's trainer, Fritz Zdunek, believes the shoulder damage is a recurrence of the same injury Vitali suffered in the fight with Chris Byrd in 2000. The injury forced Vitali to quit the fight, which gave Byrd a TKO victory in nine.

"In the coming days further tests will be carried be carried out. Today's data eliminates the need for surgery," said Kabelka.

http://tinyurl.com/8yrrbb7
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Vitali injured left shoulder Empty Re: Vitali injured left shoulder

Post  dmar5143 Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:43 pm

i saw that aticle..how convient that injuries of this type always happen in the second round.vitali threw plenty of lefts threwout the first 10 rounds and not one sign of injury.not one facial expression of discomfort.my guess is that it happened early in the 11th round.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:23 pm

I am amazed he didn't throw in the towel.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down