The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A chance for you American's to watch Nathan Cleverly

2 posters

Go down

A chance for you American's to watch Nathan Cleverly Empty A chance for you American's to watch Nathan Cleverly

Post  Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Light heavyweight titlist Nathan Cleverly (23-0, 11 KOs), who will make his third defense Feb. 25 at home in Cardiff, Wales, against American Tommy Karpency (21-2-1, 14 KOs), can be seen by viewers in the United States.

Premium cable network Epix picked up American rights to the bout and will broadcast it live (4:30 p.m. ET, also available on EpixHD.com) as part of a doubleheader that will also feature live coverage of heavyweight titleholder Alexander Povetkin defending against cruiserweight titlist Marco Huck from Stuttgart, Germany.

Cleverly, who turns 25 on Friday, celebrated with a taste from the boxing-glove-shaped cake he was presented with.

"My weight is spot-on and my training is going great, so I couldn't help but have a slice of cake," Cleverly said. "But all other partying and celebrating are on hold until after [the fight] and I've knocked out Karpency. For my birthday meal, I'm looking forward to tucking into a plate of boiled chicken and rice with a bit of veg and a protein shake to wash it down with.

"Going through the sacrifices makes it all worthwhile in the end when I'm the winner, so I'm just concentrating on making sure that I win in style."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7583370/paul-williams-wants-prove-not-done

Back to top Go down

A chance for you American's to watch Nathan Cleverly Empty Re: A chance for you American's to watch Nathan Cleverly

Post  dmar5143 Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:06 pm

ill pass on this fight.untill he actualy fights someone who doesnt have a padded record and is a real top fighter like cloud or dawson or pasqual then im not interested in watching him fight another stiff with a padded record.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

A chance for you American's to watch Nathan Cleverly Empty Re: A chance for you American's to watch Nathan Cleverly

Post  Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:08 pm

dmar5143 wrote:ill pass on this fight.untill he actualy fights someone who doesnt have a padded record and is a real top fighter like cloud or dawson or pasqual then im not interested in watching him fight another stiff with a padded record.

I hear you dmar, this is why I detest Frank Warren, he pads his fighters records and holds back their potential.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:17 am

Karpency is a step back for Cleverly. Even if he isn't fighting Cloud or Dawson, etc..., he is to the level that he needs to face guys who are top 10 (or just outside that).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:44 am

captainanddew wrote:Karpency is a step back for Cleverly. Even if he isn't fighting Cloud or Dawson, etc..., he is to the level that he needs to face guys who are top 10 (or just outside that).

They claim that an offer was made to Carl Froch but he's not interested in moving to LHW yet.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:16 am

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
captainanddew wrote:Karpency is a step back for Cleverly. Even if he isn't fighting Cloud or Dawson, etc..., he is to the level that he needs to face guys who are top 10 (or just outside that).

They claim that an offer was made to Carl Froch but he's not interested in moving to LHW yet.

yes, I've seen that claim. But it wasn't time for Froch to move to 175. Bute and many others at 168. When Froch does move to 175 I think either a Cleverly fight or a Pascal rematch would sell well.

Cleverly beat Murat which was a good win. But since then he hasn't beaten anyone of note. A Karpency fight would be fine if he was fighting at least 4 times a year and facing some very good fighters, but Cleverly isn't fighting often anymore (and guys like Karpency are the norm).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down