The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened to this place ?

+8
GrantZilla
Tobe
Rum Capital
Shaun
Diego408
Soonermark890
Frank
dmar5143
12 posters

Go down

What happened to this place ? Empty What happened to this place ?

Post  Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Lately this forum has felt like a ghost town.

Back to top Go down

What happened to this place ? Empty Re: What happened to this place ?

Post  dmar5143 Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:24 pm

nothings happened.theres been decent activity..look we got maybe 25 active guys.the membership has maybe more folks that joined and not a single post from them.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:06 pm

dmar5143 wrote:nothings happened.theres been decent activity..look we got maybe 25 active guys.the membership has maybe more folks that joined and not a single post from them.
I agree dmar. Also, boxing is colder than Jack Frost right now. When the action picks up, so will the board. We can just talk about the past for so long. LOL

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:09 pm

Frank wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:nothings happened.theres been decent activity..look we got maybe 25 active guys.the membership has maybe more folks that joined and not a single post from them.
I agree dmar. Also, boxing is colder than Jack Frost right now. When the action picks up, so will the board. We can just talk about the past for so long. LOL
Yep not much going on right now in the world of boxing. Need some good fights. It also doesnt help that berto vs ortiz is off.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:56 pm

Boxing was in it's off season till today.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:32 am

Yeah, activity will pick up now that we're approaching bigger fights. Too bad Ortiz/Berto was rescheduled though.

I think we could use a few more posters though. Maybe 5-10 more people. One of these days we might be able to save JJDillon from the trolls at ESPN. They have brainwashed him.

Whatever happened to Marble? Didn't he get into an altercation with someone again?
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:58 am

shaun marble has been gone well over a year.like many of us he left espn to go to ninjas then here.most of us stayed here because its troll free and decent forum.he chose to go to saddio a boxing forum but i suspect hes no longer posting there either.maybe captain can tell us for he posts there also on a rare occasion.he in all likelyhood is on again another forum but maybe not active as much as before.
marble is a young guy 48-49 and has addmitted he came from the right side of the tracts plus for several years as a investment banker made seven figures..that means to me 3-5 million a year..its speculation on my part but id say two things1.his net worth may be between 6-12 million dollars or more..2.he may of ventured into a business where he can have still leisure time yet make money .good money and use his contacts from the past as a starting point.perhaps real estate the high end in hawaii..there are probably several business or high end properties he could sell in this market that would be considered a great bargin.he knows big money people and business folks.
again thats speculation on my part but marble is extremly intelligent and if he got a itch to do something that could make him potentialy good money and still have enjoyable leisure time and present him with a challenge that choice makes the most sence to me.
wherever he is on any forum i feel hes a asset.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:54 pm

You can catch Marble on espn. I saw him post not too long ago at espns boxing forum. You could catch him at the NFL general forum the most. I don't think he'll ever comeback over here. But I have to thank Marble. I learned a lot from his posts throughout the years.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:24 pm

Marble needs to get over that tiff and come back already.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:58 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Marble needs to get over that tiff and come back already.
Good luck! I did try a while back. Its not happening.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Marble needs to get over that tiff and come back already.
marbles always on the espn nfl board not the boxing board.
i spoke to him and told him to get his ass over here and he said thanks but no way in hell is he ever coming back.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:00 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
i spoke to him and told him to get his ass over here and he said thanks but no way in hell is he ever coming back.
Yep
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Rum Capital wrote:

Ridiculous, he's acting like a toddler.

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:12 pm

maybe he is acting like a toddler i dont know.sooner said he made a attempt to get him back but its a no go.rum ring and others tried also.if he said no way in hell hes not coming back thats too bad.look we are all good people here.sooner especialy.unfortunetly a insult from both happened but if sooner extended a hand of friendship to me if that occured id be man enought to shake it.
stuff unfortunetly happened but to take your ball and go home after that one inncident especialy after an attempt to call a truce is perhaps an indication thats perhaps we all may be looked down upon..look ring has had 4 or 5 severe disagreements with a few left a few times but was man enough after the anger went away to come back and at least participate in the football forum.hats off to ring...most of us left two forums espn and ninja but for good reason.how many forums has marble left.5 -6...lets move foward.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:31 pm

It's just annoying because he's such a good knowledgeable poster, and it's even more frustrating because he left over one silly argument, not like there was a Wolf scenario.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:54 pm

This place is dead lately and guys like Marble really make a huge contribution to any forum. But I'll be goddamed if I go back to ESPN. Ninja's was fun for a while, but just like good posters can bring a place up, a couple of trolls can bring a whole place down pretty quickly too.

I do agree we could use a couple of new people around here, but not at the expense of the atmosphere we have going.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:It's just annoying because he's such a good knowledgeable poster, and it's even more frustrating because he left over one silly argument, not like there was a Wolf scenario.
...true..on the other hand we still have some very good knowledgeable posters here that are still members that rarely rarely post like scott l and boxing lawyer.thoses we should encourage to participate more since they are members.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:57 pm

As long as I'm here, this place will continue to be bad ass

What happened to this place ? How-to10
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:41 pm

not a lot of fights to talk about
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:25 pm

I couldnt possibly go back to ESPN. Not that I can't, but because I absolutely hate the new forum. I do visit the ESPN boxing and 49er forum from time to time, but I won't post. I just feel this forum is the quickest to post updated news and the bloggers that come here actually know their shit. You can't say that about most forums.

BTW I think we should all make a push to bring Marble back.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:35 pm

I'm wondering if maybe we mention the site at events? I'm sure we've all chatted with people at the fights we've been at, it wouldn't hurt to invite somebody here. Worst comes to worst, if they act like a dick we can just boot them.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:58 am

there seems to be such a big push to get marb back. he was a very smart poster but if he is going to leave after a fight then i would rather him not be here. he has been gone for a long time. its time to move on.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Activity picks up when there are fights. That's the way the forum should be. In between there's way too much hypothetical talk.

I liked Marble but at the end of the day it's his choice. He knew a lot but he was great at promoting discussion. If he's happy, good for him. I'm sure more people will come and go through the years.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down