The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pac to fight one of four guys next.

+6
powerpuncher
kbyte
Gumby
dmar5143
freakzilla
Soonermark890
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pac to fight one of four guys next. Empty Pac to fight one of four guys next.

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:51 am

Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pac to fight one of four guys next. Empty Re: Pac to fight one of four guys next.

Post  freakzilla Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:20 am

Out of those 4 Timothy Bradley Jr.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Pac to fight one of four guys next. Empty Re: Pac to fight one of four guys next.

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:21 am

freakzilla wrote:Out of those 4 Timothy Bradley Jr.
I think it will be him. Also its interesting to see Lamont on that list.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:26 am

Soonermark890 wrote:

He shouldn't be. Amir deserves a rematch.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:33 am

freakzilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

He shouldn't be. Amir deserves a rematch.
Yeah thats what I thought.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:00 pm

i saw the article in ring mag and i think espn..look i dont like any of the 4 choices.if berto beats ortiz myself thats the fight i want to see.it probably will be 10 ticket bradley..thats the number of tickets he will sell.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:50 pm

JMM. Pac needs a chance to get his buzz back and remove some doubt. Even if he drops Berto, Cotto, or Bradley that won't happen because they have glaring defensive deficiencies (compared to JMM).
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:56 pm

I hope its anyone but Bradley.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:06 pm

kbyte wrote:I hope its anyone but Bradley.
i agree. bradley needs to prove himself to the boxing world that he is willing to fight the best to be the best and not to just get a paycheck. for that reason alone, i dont want bradley to get that shot.

i may be alone on this but out of those 4, i think that another cotto fight would be best. with his avenged loss over margo, i think that tickets could sell pretty well.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:11 pm

Pac TKO's Cotto again.

Pac-Bradley is so-so.

Pac-Peterson? Beat it.

Pac-Marquez IV is where they should go but even that doesnt interest me much.

Pac needs to give back and just fight on regular HBO for once.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:09 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Pac TKO's Cotto again.

Pac-Bradley is so-so.

Pac-Peterson? Beat it.

Pac-Marquez IV is where they should go but even that doesnt interest me much.

Pac needs to give back and just fight on regular HBO for once.
Hell yes. Also the Pac vs JMM fight is the one I want to see. But I bet its Bradley.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:10 pm

None of those interest me.

I want Pac vs. Rios.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:15 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:None of those interest me.

I want Pac vs. Rios.
Why you want Rios to have permanent brain damage?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:16 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

I want Pac vs. Rios.

Erm for impersonating Freddie Roach's Parkinson's.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:21 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

I want Pac vs. Rios.

We both know Pac would kill that kid. He might just go ahead and not let off the gas and hurt him permanently because of that.

Oh and whats fucked up is Rios is the type of fighter that will end up punch drunk like roach.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

I want Pac vs. Rios.

We both know Pac would kill that kid. He might just go ahead and not let off the gas and hurt him permanently because of that.

Oh and whats fucked up is Rios is the type of fighter that will end up punch drunk like roach.

At least Rios will make it entertaining while it lasts.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:48 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

I want Pac vs. Rios.

At least Rios will make it entertaining while it lasts.
It would be like watching Manny beat on a punching bag but hell yeah it would be fun.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Pacman wants $28M to fight Marquez

MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao will face Juan Manuel Marquez a fourth time only if the Filipino welterweight champion will get no less than $28 million in guaranteed purse.

“Basta hindi bababa sa $28 million,” Pacquiao told the media in General Santos City yesterday.

Pacquiao’s public information officer, Rose Tamayo, said Pacquiao made the announcement in an interview with a local television crew in his home province.

Marquez was guaranteed $5 million for the third fight, and Pacquiao around $20 million.

But under the fight contract, in case a rematch or a fourth fight takes place, Marquez will get more than what he got for the third one, perhaps twice as much.

But now Pacquiao is saying he wants $28 million if it’s a fourth match with Marquez, and this should be on top of the menu when Arum comes to the Philippines next week.

http://tinyurl.com/7f5jar5

I thought Manny "fought for the people?"
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:04 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Pacman wants $28M to fight Marquez

MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao will face Juan Manuel Marquez a fourth time only if the Filipino welterweight champion will get no less than $28 million in guaranteed purse.

“Basta hindi bababa sa $28 million,” Pacquiao told the media in General Santos City yesterday.

Pacquiao’s public information officer, Rose Tamayo, said Pacquiao made the announcement in an interview with a local television crew in his home province.

Marquez was guaranteed $5 million for the third fight, and Pacquiao around $20 million.

But under the fight contract, in case a rematch or a fourth fight takes place, Marquez will get more than what he got for the third one, perhaps twice as much.

But now Pacquiao is saying he wants $28 million if it’s a fourth match with Marquez, and this should be on top of the menu when Arum comes to the Philippines next week.

http://tinyurl.com/7f5jar5

I thought Manny "fought for the people?"
everybody fights for the people until they are able to demand more money.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:07 pm

The toughest fight for Pacquaio is Bradley, so dont expect that one to happen any time soon.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:20 pm

powerpuncher wrote:everybody fights for the people until they are able to demand more money.

Not true. Pac is a HERO. He fights for the people. Only MONEY Mayweather fights for Money. That's the PacTard Talking Points 101

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Diego408 wrote:The toughest fight for Pacquaio is Bradley, so dont expect that one to happen any time soon.
Feather fisted Bradley is a tough fight? JMM is a tougher opponent than Bradley by a mile.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:01 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:The toughest fight for Pacquaio is Bradley, so dont expect that one to happen any time soon.
Feather fisted Bradley is a tough fight? JMM is a tougher opponent than Bradley by a mile.
Bradley probably hits harder than Marquez at welterweight. Marquez is still a very tough fight for Pacquaio, but I believe Pacquiao would have more trouble with Bradley's hand speed and headbutts. Ive already seen Marquez beat Pacquaio 3 times, i think Pacquiao should fight an actual guy in his prime and thats in his 20's.

Cotto is too slow to hang with Pacquiao, he'll get KOed again. I still think Peterson was beat by Khan and Ortiz; Bradley had already dominated him. No need to see these two fights.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Diego408 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Bradley probably hits harder than Marquez at welterweight. Marquez is still a very tough fight for Pacquaio, but I believe Pacquiao would have more trouble with Bradley's hand speed and headbutts. Ive already seen Marquez beat Pacquaio 3 times, i think Pacquiao should fight an actual guy in his prime and thats in his 20's.

Cotto is too slow to hang with Pacquiao, he'll get KOed again. I still think Peterson was beat by Khan and Ortiz; Bradley had already dominated him. No need to see these two fights.
I agree with the highlighted part but see I think Pac won all three fights against JMM. Thats why I want to see those fights again. Hell why not? They are fun fights, good fights that are close and it gives us something to argue about. I do like Dmar's idea of Berto/Ortiz winner.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

I agree with the highlighted part but see I think Pac won all three fights against JMM. Thats why I want to see those fights again. Hell why not? They are fun fights, good fights that are close and it gives us something to argue about. I do like Dmar's idea of Berto/Ortiz winner.
Im pretty certain that the Berto-Ortiz winner is going to fight Mayweather instead because of the GBP and Al Haymon ties. I wont be surprised if Pacquiao fights JMM and Bradley this year.

I thought Marquez won 9 rounds in the first fight, 8 in the second fight and 7 in the last fight. They are very close fights (especially the KDs in the first two, Marquez clearly won the third), but I wouldnt mind seeing a fourth fight, but I think Bradley would just be a tougher fight for Pacquiao at this point.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum