The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next UFC

+5
GrantZilla
gomez1012
freakzilla
EnragedSlayer
CervezaExtra
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Next UFC - Page 2 Empty Re: Next UFC

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:29 am

GrantZilla wrote:
nano212 wrote:And he retires! He proved his point I guess! He competed with the big boys of the UFC and made a buck! Good Luck Dana with the PPV buys!

Dana is crying
I wonder how much those surgeries took out of Brock?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:38 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:
nano212 wrote:And he retires! He proved his point I guess! He competed with the big boys of the UFC and made a buck! Good Luck Dana with the PPV buys!

Dana is crying

A lot. His arms were just flabby and it looks like he has no power.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:42 pm

Damn, I was on a plane while this was happening!

So Brock is done?
Who does Dana have left?
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:44 pm

The UFC doesn't rely on Brock Lesnar.

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:44 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:The UFC doesn't rely on Brock Lesnar.

No but he was a big name wasn't he?
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:54 pm

CervezaExtra wrote:

Yeah but between the recent poor performances and surgeries his star was fading rapidly. They've got plenty of other stars out there.

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:58 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:

Yeah but between the recent poor performances and surgeries his star was fading rapidly. They've got plenty of other stars out there.

I only know of Silva. Cause isn't GSP possibly past his peak?
I stopped paying attention for awhile.
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:03 pm

CervezaExtra wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:

I only know of Silva. Cause isn't GSP possibly past his peak?
I stopped paying attention for awhile.

GSP's got some sort of injury that will render him inactive for at least half of 2012.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:38 pm

CervezaExtra wrote:

Like? GSP is hurt and out for at least a year to 15 months. Silva is old as shit and now Brock is gone. All the stars in the UFC have either retired or are close to it. UFC is in trouble.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:39 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

Dana is crying

A lot. His arms were just flabby and it looks like he has no power.
Yeah its kinda sad he had a lot of promise in the beginning.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:39 pm

GSP and Brock are easily the 2 biggest stars PPV wise in the UFC. I think in 2012 they will rely heavily on Jon Jones who is the rising superstar.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:30 pm

The only guy that's given UFC a million PPV buys

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:50 pm

Let me get this right the UFC is in trouble despite the fact it's just moved to Fox......

Next UFC - Page 2 Implied-facepalm

I really don't understand why boxing fans are so keen to shit all over the UFC, it's a hugely international successful organization that keeps on providing fun fights with sweet KO's.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Let me get this right the UFC is in trouble despite the fact it's just moved to Fox......

I really don't understand why boxing fans are so keen to shit all over the UFC, it's a hugely international successful organization that keeps on providing fun fights with sweet KO's.

Go look at last years UFC PPV numbers. Been bad year. The move to FOX means little if they can't build stars.

Brock got built into a star by the WWE, who realized long ago that stars sell, not the brand. White thinks the brand is bigger than stars, and that the fighters are just expendable

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:19 pm

UFC is still getting 300k in ppv buys. That's still respectable.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:33 pm

SlickMoney wrote:UFC is still getting 300k in ppv buys. That's still respectable.

Not on average.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:38 pm

So 250k. Still good. Only 3 guys in Boxing can do that.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:24 pm

SlickMoney wrote:So 250k. Still good. Only 3 guys in Boxing can do that.

Three guys and nobody else. Stacked cards could easily get more than that
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:31 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Let me get this right the UFC is in trouble despite the fact it's just moved to Fox......

The move to fox doesnt mean shit if the PPV numbers dont stay up. Also if the Fox numbers dont stay high the UFC is in real trouble. Really I like the UFC but its not good that your two biggest stars wont fight in 2012.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:01 am

GrantZilla wrote:

Go look at last years UFC PPV numbers. Been bad year. The move to FOX means little if they can't build stars.

Brock got built into a star by the WWE, who realized long ago that stars sell, not the brand. White thinks the brand is bigger than stars, and that the fighters are just expendable

No it hasn't, the UFC still makes a profit even if the PPV's only sell in the 300k region. They've been selling out venues all over the world and have just signed a lucrative deal with a network, it's been their best year. Oh and the cards have been some of the best.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:55 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:No it hasn't, the UFC still makes a profit even if the PPV's only sell in the 300k region. They've been selling out venues all over the world and have just signed a lucrative deal with a network, it's been their best year. Oh and the cards have been some of the best.

Stop drinking the Dana White Kool Aid. No they have not been selling out venues all over the world. A big chunk of the tickets they give away to fill a venue.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:22 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:So 250k. Still good. Only 3 guys in Boxing can do that.

Three guys and nobody else. Stacked cards could easily get more than that

Well wake me up when we see a stacked card in Boxing.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:56 am

This recent article from Bloody Elbow sums up exactly what I'm saying:

But this all raises the ultimate question facing the UFC: Are they ever going to embrace really marketing guys as unique? Lesnar was something more than just "a UFC fighter" because of his background. To many fans the majority of the roster just feels like interchangeable pieces.

I love the UFC and they've done things so well that it is to the point where no one can argue against Zuffa being good for MMA. But I really feel like the marketing is in a rut.

It just feels like few men are treated like actual stars in the UFC's marketing efforts now and that transfers over into the public perception (as is the point of marketing, I suppose). When Aldo faces Chad Mendes I'm sure we'll hear a bit about how Aldo is really good, but we'll go right into the recycled "if you were going to build a fighter to beat the champ, this is the guy you would build" shtick.

Lesnar leaving means that the UFC is lacking in fighters that the public is going to find truly unique. It's time for the marketing team to open the playbook a little bit and find the willingness to start pushing the best the promotion has as more than just "wrestlers" "strikers" or "dangerous."

2011 was the first down period in a long time for the promotion (partly because of injuries to the very few mainstream stars) and they should view it as an opportunity and a challenge to do what the UFC has always done and up their game.

http://tinyurl.com/7gp6t8t
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:14 pm

GrantZilla wrote:This recent article from Bloody Elbow sums up exactly what I'm saying:

But this all raises the ultimate question facing the UFC: Are they ever going to embrace really marketing guys as unique? Lesnar was something more than just "a UFC fighter" because of his background. To many fans the majority of the roster just feels like interchangeable pieces.

I love the UFC and they've done things so well that it is to the point where no one can argue against Zuffa being good for MMA. But I really feel like the marketing is in a rut.

It just feels like few men are treated like actual stars in the UFC's marketing efforts now and that transfers over into the public perception (as is the point of marketing, I suppose). When Aldo faces Chad Mendes I'm sure we'll hear a bit about how Aldo is really good, but we'll go right into the recycled "if you were going to build a fighter to beat the champ, this is the guy you would build" shtick.

Lesnar leaving means that the UFC is lacking in fighters that the public is going to find truly unique. It's time for the marketing team to open the playbook a little bit and find the willingness to start pushing the best the promotion has as more than just "wrestlers" "strikers" or "dangerous."

2011 was the first down period in a long time for the promotion (partly because of injuries to the very few mainstream stars) and they should view it as an opportunity and a challenge to do what the UFC has always done and up their game.

http://tinyurl.com/7gp6t8t
Exactly our point.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2