The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE: Mayweather Sentenced To 90 Days In Prison

+10
Frank
boxinglawyer
flapanther2001
hardcorebee24
Gumby
UBeeg9cats
NJBeatdown86
captainanddew
nano212
GrantZilla
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

UPDATE: Mayweather Sentenced To 90 Days In Prison Empty UPDATE: Mayweather Sentenced To 90 Days In Prison

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:14 pm

Champion boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. has struck a deal that will end his two pending criminal cases, cleaning the slate of charges stemming from a domestic violence incident and a battery on a security guard over parking citations.

confirmed Mayweather, an undefeated prize fighter and former Olympic boxer, will enter guilty pleas in Las Vegas Justice Court on Wednesday to one count of battery domestic violence and two counts of harassment, all misdemeanors.

As part of the plea deal, prosecutors will retain the right to argue for sentencing conditions, Roger said. Mayweather, 34, faces $3,000 in fines and at least two days or up to 18 months in jail.

Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa is expected to sentence Mayweather on Wednesday.

Prosecutors said the plea agreement shows the battery count stems from Mayweather's attack on Harris and the harassment counts are for threatening his children.

Meanwhile, prosecutors said Mayweather next week will plead no contest to a misdemeanor charge of battery and pay a $1,000 fine for poking and verbally abusing a security guard over parking issues in November 2010.

http://tinyurl.com/d8oge7m

Last edited by GrantZilla on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Mayweather Sentenced To 90 Days In Prison Empty Re: UPDATE: Mayweather Sentenced To 90 Days In Prison

Post  nano212 Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:04 pm

A 3,000 and a 1,000 dollar fine for a multimillionaire ha ha! That's like giving me a fine of 3 cents and 1 cents fine. And also 2 days in jail for a boxer aint shit! Not like he is going to be worried about his criminal record for future job searches or lose his "job" over having to do a couple days or months in jail!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Mayweather Sentenced To 90 Days In Prison Empty Re: UPDATE: Mayweather Sentenced To 90 Days In Prison

Post  captainanddew Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:06 pm

it isn't as if he was facing felony charges.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:44 pm

Even if he does those two days, he'll be isolated from everyone else, get all sort of special treatment. Kellerman should ask him why he hates women so much the next time he does Face Off.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:00 pm

Dan Rafael
Floyd got 6 months in county jail, 3 months suspended, he will serve 3 months. He must surrender on Jan. 6.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:03 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Dan Rafael
Floyd got 6 months in county jail, 3 months suspended, he will serve 3 months. He must surrender on Jan. 6.

Cap, how much do you think he will serve? This only lets him out just over 4 weeks before his scheduled appearance.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:51 pm

I'm shocked he even gets the 90. I'm guessing he'll fight in September now.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:03 pm

On ESPN he admits to hitting Josie. Doesn't that count as assault with a deadly weapon like it did for Tyson or was it an open palm or something?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:18 pm

Gumby wrote:On ESPN he admits to hitting Josie. Doesn't that count as assault with a deadly weapon like it did for Tyson or was it an open palm or something?

This is a urban myth. There is no law in the US or any common law that a boxer or any fighter in a combat sport like MMA, karate, wrestling ect most register any part of their body as a weapon let alone as a lethal weapons.

Assult is assult. And it all depends on how bad the assult was. The prosecution would go after a trained fighter harder if they seriously hurt some average person without any cause for justifiable physical force.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:51 pm

Marquez is happy. He'll get his 4th fight and a huge payday now.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:15 pm

UPDATE: Mayweather Sentenced To 90 Days In Prison Floydleonard

Leonard putting the finishing touches on Floyd's "Stay Outta Jail" suit... Ellerbe was subsequently fired as Floyd's adviser.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:19 pm

Floyd....my gift to you....
UPDATE: Mayweather Sentenced To 90 Days In Prison Ebac092dd1cbbe108d3c7412fb720075
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:47 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Dan Rafael

Cap, how much do you think he will serve? This only lets him out just over 4 weeks before his scheduled appearance.

I have no idea about any rules on good behavior in Nevada and whether there is any overcrowding in jails in that state. I would be shocked if we end up with a Lindsay Lohan situation where the overcrowding is so great that she serves a few days (or sometimes a few hours) and is released.

I think his lawyer is going to appeal.

with no knowledge of Nevada I'd guess he serves at the least 30 days. That in itself would make getting a fight done rather difficult.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:10 pm

I remember taking crap when I told people that Floyd was going to do some time. cool When it comes to these legal matters I have yet to be wrong. (shoulda seen what i predicted for USC and Reggie Bush 12 months before it happened.) He got off light, but there was NO doubt to the offense, just the severity. The time is mandatory no matter who you are or what you make.

Here is some bad news for Floyd fans. This is the tip of the iceberg. Floyd will end his life/career in federal prison for Drug Trafficking if he does not get away from several folks in his inner circle. Its not a good thing when you employ KNOWN and CONVICTED drug dealers as body guards. He might not beat the attempted murder and conspiracy to commit murder charges if they are brought forth.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZnrv8i0gl4

go to around the 1:20 mark and watch this jackass
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:51 pm

boxinglawyer wrote:Here is some bad news for Floyd fans. This is the tip of the iceberg. Floyd will end his life/career in federal prison for Drug Trafficking if he does not get away from several folks in his inner circle. Its not a good thing when you employ KNOWN and CONVICTED drug dealers as body guards. He might not beat the attempted murder and conspiracy to commit murder charges if they are brought forth.
Wait, what? Sources?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:21 am

captainanddew wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZnrv8i0gl4

go to around the 1:20 mark and watch this jackass

And it's already been flooded with Flomo/Pactard comments. Youtube makes the ESPN board look like an Ivy League debate team.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:57 am

Floyd's first night in jail:
UPDATE: Mayweather Sentenced To 90 Days In Prison Tumblr_lapvt82w0n1qe0qyho1_500
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:50 am

Gumby wrote:
boxinglawyer wrote:Here is some bad news for Floyd fans. This is the tip of the iceberg. Floyd will end his life/career in federal prison for Drug Trafficking if he does not get away from several folks in his inner circle. Its not a good thing when you employ KNOWN and CONVICTED drug dealers as body guards. He might not beat the attempted murder and conspiracy to commit murder charges if they are brought forth.
Wait, what? Sources?
As much as I hate to admit it, Boxing lawyer usually knows what he's talking about. (Of course, that's if you leave, Ali, Holmes, Leonard and Hagler out of the picture. Laughing ) I had a source that couldn't be revealed that confirmed that Leonard was on drugs when most people would've been shocked by such news. I suspect very strongly that BL has a similar source when it comes to Mayweather.

I haven't been personally exposed to the other side of MW so I guess I can be merciful if I ignore the obvious personality problems which are being shown right before my eyes. I'll say this. If I had some kind of influence over Floyd, I would state the following; "Floyd, look at the way you fight. Now compare it to the way you live your life. You're a brilliant chess master in the ring. However, if you fought the way you lived your life, you would never have even been noticed in the Sweet Science. Now, you can think about that now, or 40 years from now when you're in a 2 by 9 cell. Think about it when ever you'd like. But I promise you one thing, YOU WILL THINK ABOUT IT." Following that comment, he'd never hear from me again.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:02 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:UPDATE: Mayweather Sentenced To 90 Days In Prison Floydleonard

Leonard putting the finishing touches on Floyd's "Stay Outta Jail" suit... Ellerbe was subsequently fired as Floyd's adviser.

Funny Shit

Well at least all that time spent with Ellerbe will have prepared Floyd for jail, if you catch my drift.

To quote Saurland

He beats up women and likes making love to men

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:50 am

Mayweather's Jail Term is Described By Detention Official

Officer Bill Cassell told an NBC news affiliate in Nevada, that Mayweather will probably be segregated for his protection from the other 3,400 prisoners, at least for the first week. Mayweather will get a standard-issue blue jail jumpsuit with the letters CCDC and orange slippers.

He'll be held in a standard administrative segregation cell, about 6-by-10 feet, or "about the size of a small walk-in closet," Cassell said. Cells have a bunk, stainless steel toilet and sink, a concrete desk with a permanently bolted stool and two small vertical windows.

Cassell said Mayweather will be able to deposit any amount of money into a jail account to purchase snacks, candy, soap and personal hygiene items from the jail commissary. Reading glasses, which cost $7, is the most expensive item available.

During his first week in jail, Mayweather would have about an hour a day out of his cell with access to an exercise yard. Depending on his behavior, Mayweather could later get several hours a day for exercise with other inmates also being held in protective custody.

Good behavior and work time could knock up to 30 days off Mayweather's sentence, Cassell said. That would give Mayweather an early March release date.

http://tinyurl.com/cbbx7n8
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:44 am

Gumby wrote:
Wait, what? Sources?

The guys who attempted to murder a man who got into an argument with Mayweather less than 20 minutes earlier are convicted drug dealers and former employees of Mayweather. The case is still not closed. Thats hanging out there in limbo right now. All it needs is a DA that wants to make a name.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:34 pm

on captains post noting floyds attitude when the judge was talking here are my thoughts.first the judge accurately reviwed what happened and reports from the media and court documents plus testimony support the judges words.by him arragantly shaking his head no is saying via body language the judge is lying..if i where the judge and saw that i would of gave him 6 months in jail instead of three..he pleaded guilty by the way to reduced charges only because under the advise of his lawyers that if he didnt the chances of him being convicted would be great and a strong possibilty perhaps the best for him would be a very kind sentence of 3 to 5 years in the real big house.
im, sorry.why anyone cares of gee when will he fight next or even being a fan still of this piece of garbage is beyound me.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:24 pm

dmar5143 wrote:on captains post noting floyds attitude when the judge was talking here are my thoughts.first the judge accurately reviwed what happened and reports from the media and court documents plus testimony support the judges words.by him arragantly shaking his head no is saying via body language the judge is lying..if i where the judge and saw that i would of gave him 6 months in jail instead of three..he pleaded guilty by the way to reduced charges only because under the advise of his lawyers that if he didnt the chances of him being convicted would be great and a strong possibilty perhaps the best for him would be a very kind sentence of 3 to 5 years in the real big house.
im, sorry.why anyone cares of gee when will he fight next or even being a fan still of this piece of garbage is beyound me.
I agree, dmar. However it's not just Mayweather. Whether people want to admit it or not, he's a psychological model of a great deal of athletes today. The reason we hear about him is because he's in a sport that's based on individual competition.

There's a great deal of speculation as to why today's athletes are so much dumber than yesterdays champs. It's a horrible thought, but in MW,s case, I have no choice but to believe that his strange behavior is a result of being born to a crack mother. I really don't think he has problem solving abilities or is capable of any insight into who and what he is. Outbursts of anger are common among crack babies. I'm not making mockery here, but lying doesn't help the situation. I think that other athletes may have the same problem as MW. Sadly, the only solution we have is to throw them in the slammer. Very sad and very true.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:56 pm

Mayweather is too old to be a crack baby. There was no crack in the 70's. Thats an 80's drug. Its nature Vs. Nurture. He has been around and competed in a violent sport since birth. Violence is how he solves problems so he doesnt see anything wrong with it like most people raised around violence and abuse.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crack_cocaine
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next