The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Carter

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

John Carter - Page 2 Empty Re: John Carter

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:00 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:You don't need stars anymore to really sell a movie, guys like Will Smith and Tom Cruise are a dying breed. People today are more interested in intriguing story lines and crazy special effects.

Which Disney failed at showcasing. From what little advertising I saw of the movie, I could easily see how people would see it as a Avatar or Clash of the Titans knock off. People unfamiliar with Edgar Rice Burroughs, creator of Tarzan, stories.

And names people are familar with, whether they are actors or directors, certainly helps.

I agree Disney screwed up with the marketing. I liked the casting of Taylor, he's on the cusp of breaking out after making his name with Friday Night Lights.

Tim Riggins was a great character. I premiered that show back in '06. Its the best show NBC had in 30 years.

I've only just discovered it, I've been missing out.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:07 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:You don't need stars anymore to really sell a movie, guys like Will Smith and Tom Cruise are a dying breed. People today are more interested in intriguing story lines and crazy special effects.

Which Disney failed at showcasing. From what little advertising I saw of the movie, I could easily see how people would see it as a Avatar or Clash of the Titans knock off. People unfamiliar with Edgar Rice Burroughs, creator of Tarzan, stories.

And names people are familar with, whether they are actors or directors, certainly helps.

I agree Disney screwed up with the marketing. I liked the casting of Taylor, he's on the cusp of breaking out after making his name with Friday Night Lights.

Tim Riggins was a great character. I premiered that show back in '06. Its the best show NBC had in 30 years.

You and everyone else. We canceled this show three times and only continued it because DirecTV co-opted the show with us and we aired it as a mid season replacement for the final three years. The show is great and Lyla Garrity and Tyra Collette can get it. Even Julie Taylor in later season starts to look really healthy. The best is Coach Taylor's wife. She is tasty.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:28 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

You and everyone else. We canceled this show three times and only continued it because DirecTV co-opted the show with us and we aired it as a mid season replacement for the final three years. The show is great and Lyla Garrity and Tyra Collette can get it. Even Julie Taylor in later season starts to look really healthy. The best is Coach Taylor's wife. She is tasty.

Canceled three times that's nuts, the networks in America are way too eager to cancels shows, I hear Community might be cut soon ?

Connie Britton is a Fox, watching her in those skimpy night dresses in American Horror story was a joy.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:33 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

Canceled three times that's nuts, the networks in America are way too eager to cancels shows, I hear Community might be cut soon ?

Connie Britton is a Fox, watching her in those skimpy night dresses in American Horror story was a joy.

Comminity is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twitter campaign from fans got it back on air. The bold is absolutely correct. Lately all we do is rip off your shows and call them groundbreaking here.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:38 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

Comminity is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twitter campaign from fans got it back on air. The bold is absolutely correct. Lately all we do is rip off your shows and call them groundbreaking here.

That's great to hear, the second season has finally found a decent network here and starts in April Very Happy

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I really liked your version of Shameless.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:48 pm

That's great to hear, the second season has finally found a decent network here and starts in April Very Happy

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I really liked your version of Shameless.

That's because Emmy Rossum isn't bashful.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:59 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

That's because Emmy Rossum isn't bashful.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Disney says 'John Carter' to lose $200 million

LOS ANGELES (AP) — "John Carter" is now officially a flop of galactic proportions.

The Walt Disney Co. said Monday that it expects to book a loss of $200 million on the movie in the quarter through March. That's among Hollywood's biggest money-losers ever.

Directed by Pixar's Andrew Stanton, the 3-D effects-laden movie about a Civil War veteran transplanted to Mars was already headed to the "Red Ink Planet," according to Cowen & Co. analyst Doug Creutz. Yet he expected a write-down of about half that size.

Disney said "John Carter" has brought in about $184 million in ticket sales worldwide so far. But ticket sales are split roughly in half with theater owners. The movie's production budget is estimated to be about $250 million with about $100 million more spent on marketing.

There was plenty of material for sequels and prequels but they seem highly unlikely now.

Disney said the loss on "John Carter" will cause it to lose $80 million to $120 million for the quarter. Profits from other movies and home video disc sales will be more than wiped out.

http://tinyurl.com/6uhfbbo
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:29 pm

That's ashame.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:08 am

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:That's ashame.

Yeah. I've seen far worst movies. But the budget of 250 million without even knowing if there was an audience was insane. Just read 100 million was spent on advertising. Fuck!

Read today in the Wallstreet Journal this movie will go down as the biggest financial flop in movie history, and will hurt Disney for a while.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:18 am

GrantZilla wrote:

Yeah. I've seen far worst movies. But the budget of 250 million without even knowing if there was an audience was insane. Just read 100 million was spent on advertising. Fuck!

Read today in the Wallstreet Journal this movie will go down as the biggest financial flop in movie history, and will hurt Disney for a while.

Just re-release some animated features in 3D and they'll make their money back. Disney is a bunch of evil bastards anyway. Fuck em. I was hoping and predicted this movie to do well, boy was I wrong.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:20 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Just re-release some animated features in 3D and they'll make their money back. Disney is a bunch of evil bastards anyway. Fuck em. I was hoping and predicted this movie to do well, boy was I wrong.

It wasn't a bad movie. It sure as fuck wasn't close to being as bad as the Transformer movies, and those movies raked in a fortune. But then again, Carter did not have a built in audience like Transformers does. That's Michael Bay's hack work at it's best. Take something with a big market audience and destroy it with his hack work.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:27 am

GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Just re-release some animated features in 3D and they'll make their money back. Disney is a bunch of evil bastards anyway. Fuck em. I was hoping and predicted this movie to do well, boy was I wrong.

It wasn't a bad movie. It sure as fuck wasn't close to being as bad as the Transformer movies, and those movies raked in a fortune. But then again, Carter did not have a built in audience like Transformers does. That's Michael Bay's hack work at it's best. Take something with a big market audience and destroy it with his hack work.

I had no compassion for machines that looked like machines. Transformers was terrible. The Shia Le Douche story line part was really bad. The only machine I had compassion for was Skynet's T-800.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:11 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

Disney aren't going to be bothered, they raked it in with the Caribbean franchise and have The Avengers next month.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:57 am

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/john-carter/user-reviews/?

Overwhelmingly positive reviews from regular folks.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2