The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guerrero To Amir Khan: “We Can Take it To The Streets!"

+4
powerpuncher
hillsicc303
Diego408
GrantZilla
8 posters

Go down

Guerrero To Amir Khan: “We Can Take it To The Streets!" Empty Guerrero To Amir Khan: “We Can Take it To The Streets!"

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:51 pm

After hearing Amir “King” Khan’s declaration yesterday about never having backed out of a fight, WBA/WBO interim lightweight champion Robert Guerrero took exception to the unified junior welterweight titlist’s comments.

“It’s just like I always say, look at his name. He’s a con artist,” Guerrero told BoxingScene.com. “He says one thing and does the other, like the time he backed out of a fight with me.”

...“The Ghost” dismissed Khan’s answer, referring to a May article in the Manchester Evening News where the Englishman stated, “Guerrero and Judah’s names have come up. For me Guerrero is a better fight than Judah because Zab’s a runner.”

Khan eventually chose Judah, stopping the former two-weight world champ in five rounds, and Guerrero won’t let him forget it.

“He said he would rather fight Guerrero than Judah because Judah’s a runner, and Guerrero comes to fight,” the three-weight world titleholder said of Khan. “I jumped at the opportunity to make it happen, and look what he did. He picks Judah and talks him up like he’s the top guy in the division, and he destroys him, so come on.”

Khan also irked Guerrero when he asserted on Twitter back in August that Marcos Maidana “paid Guerrero [with] step aside money.” In fact, Guerrero had to pull out of the meeting with Maidana because he had injured his left shoulder in sparring a week before the fight .

“He runs his mouth a lot, so we can take it to the streets if you want,” Guerrero said of Khan. “We can do it in the ring. We can do it at [Khan’s training headquarters of the] Wild Card [Boxing Club] with the doors closed. We can do it anywhere.

“Him saying that I got paid off? Everyone knows what type of guy I am. I take the best fights that come my way, instead of what he does, which is pick and choose who he fights. Don’t call somebody out and do another thing. Come on.”

Guerrero continued to question Khan’s decision to fight Judah, even appealing to the business side of the sport since both men are under the Golden Boy umbrella.

“Let me ask you a question,” he said. “Is it easier to do a fight between two Golden Boy fighters, or to do it with Main Events? It’s obviously easier to do it in-house, but that’s not what he did. We can do it at 147 [pounds] if it makes him feel better.

“[Khan] just needs to fight a young, tough Mexican like me. Look what happened with Prince Naseem [Hamed] and [Marco Antonio] Barrera. He put a beating on him and made him retire. Fight a young, tough Mexican fighter. See what happens.”

http://tinyurl.com/cfps9rs
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Guerrero To Amir Khan: “We Can Take it To The Streets!" Empty Re: Guerrero To Amir Khan: “We Can Take it To The Streets!"

Post  Diego408 Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:00 am

I saw Guerrero when I went to town during break, I don't think he has the size to compete at 140 to 147. Guerrero at this point is just talking himself into potential big fights. This guy needs to stop running his mouth and take a real challenge at lightweight. Guerrero is still very unproven, he hasn't ever beaten a top opponent. He's really just all hype and he's already 28 and an 10 year pro. Very Happy
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Guerrero To Amir Khan: “We Can Take it To The Streets!" Empty Re: Guerrero To Amir Khan: “We Can Take it To The Streets!"

Post  hillsicc303 Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:45 am

I saw Guerrero when I went to town during break, I don't think he has the size to compete at 140 to 147. Guerrero at this point is just talking himself into potential big fights. This guy needs to stop running his mouth and take a real challenge at lightweight. Guerrero is still very unproven, he hasn't ever beaten a top opponent. He's really just all hype and he's already 28 and an 10 year pro.

You're totally off base with this statement. Beating Litzau and Katsidis have to count for something(sigh)....

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:41 am

im tired of guerrero. if he were active and always fighting then i would understand but he hardly seems to fight and has never even proven himself. i would way rather see guerrero fighting soto or rios.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:27 am

Who does Guerrero think he is? He's a nobody who quit mid fight and pulls out with injuries. He has no big win. All he does is talk, talk, and talk. He's another Vanes. More action on BoxingScene than in the ring.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:46 am

SlickMoney wrote:Who does Guerrero think he is? He's a nobody who quit mid fight and pulls out with injuries. He has no big win. All he does is talk, talk, and talk. He's another Vanes. More action on BoxingScene than in the ring.

The new generation of fighter. Rather have his fights on Twitter or some boxing site than in the ring

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:16 pm

still would of like to have seen Maidana fight
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:16 pm

Guerrero is talented but he's growing extremely deluded. Since when does being inactive with an injury entitle you to call out two of the biggest stars from divisions he's not even fought in ?

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:17 pm

blah blah blah blah.typical punk fighter of today..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

If Khan beats Peterson and Bradley doesn't come to terms then Khan should beat Guerrero's ass for him.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum