The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Roach will be a commentator for Povetkin-Boswell

5 posters

Go down

The Roach will be a commentator for Povetkin-Boswell Empty The Roach will be a commentator for Povetkin-Boswell

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:48 am

International Boxing Hall of Fame nominee Freddie Roach is juiced for his commentator debut on the EPIX/EpixHD.com broadcast of the WBA "regular" heavyweight title bout between beltholder Alexander Povetkin and Cedric Boswell in Helsinki, Finland, on Saturday.

"I had a tryout with HBO one time before, and I worked a fight for them once before, so I guess that you can say that I've had a little bit of practice," said the 51-year-old Roach, who will be calling the fight from New York. "It will be fun doing something kind of new. It's a good matchup on paper."

The broadcast will air at 12:30 p.m. PT, 3:30 p.m. ET.

"I've learned to introduce the fighters and how to set it up a little bit. [Former ESPN broadcaster] Brian Kenny and [Joe Tessitore] from ESPN gave me some pointers," said Roach.

"I'm excited about it. I like it because it's going to be different and it's a challenge for me, and I like challenges. Plus, this will be the first time that I get to go against Teddy Atlas, and I have the microphone."

http://tinyurl.com/bln4mzd
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

The Roach will be a commentator for Povetkin-Boswell Empty Re: The Roach will be a commentator for Povetkin-Boswell

Post  Diego408 Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:51 am

I wonder what fight he did with HBO.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

The Roach will be a commentator for Povetkin-Boswell Empty Re: The Roach will be a commentator for Povetkin-Boswell

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:01 am

Diego408 wrote:I wonder what fight he did with HBO.

Yeah, I don't remember him calling a fight. I know he was being considered by HBO as a replacement for Lewis before they went with Jones.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:48 am

I hope he does better this time, the last time it was a little shaky.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:21 pm

Didn't HBO test Freddie and Nazim after Lewis left ?

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:17 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:I hope he does better this time, the last time it was a little shaky.

The Roach will be a commentator for Povetkin-Boswell I_see_what_you_did_there_super
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Suavecito80 Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:50 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:I hope he does better this time, the last time it was a little shaky.

That is messed up but I still chuckled.
Suavecito80
Suavecito80

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum