The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Munoz Discusses Wrestling Match With Chael Sonnen

Go down

Mark Munoz Discusses Wrestling Match With Chael Sonnen Empty Mark Munoz Discusses Wrestling Match With Chael Sonnen

Post  freakzilla Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:21 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/11/23/2583486/ufc-mark-munoz-discusses-wrestling-match-with-chael-sonnen-mma-news

Mark Munoz was a guest on the Fight Fix with Dustin Green this week, and covered a few topics. His UFC 138 bout with Chris Leben was discussed, as was a possible opponent in the near future - Chael Sonnen. Rumors are spreading that Munoz will be meeting Sonnen at UFC on Fox 2 in January, but nothing has been confirmed yet. It turns out that Munoz and Chael already have some history though. Here's the amusing quote, followed by the full video:

"We competed in college together. He wrestled at Oregon University, I wrestled at Oklahoma State. We end up going at it and I end up beating him pretty handily. But in that, he tried to submit me in a kneebar and then changed it into an ankle lock. No, sorry, a heel hook. Not a legal move in wrestling. He tried doing that to me and I felt my ankle pop and was like ‘aah’ and I knew that he did it so that he could try to come back. I was actually beating him pretty handily. I got upset during that match and was just ruthless in that fight afterwards.

Years later we end up having dinner together and my wife is sitting at the table and she gets pretty upset, saying 'What's Chael Sonnen doing here? I hate that guy; he tried to hurt my husband.' Out of the blue, she said 'So, can you tell me why you did that?' He pretty much explained himself and… he's a good guy, man. He was like 'Can you blame me? I was getting beat!' So I guess...if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."

freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down