The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II?

+3
SlickMoney
NJBeatdown86
Shaun
7 posters

Go down

How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II? I_vote_lcap0%How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II? I_vote_lcap6%How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II? I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II? I_vote_lcap0%How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II? I_vote_lcap50%How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II? I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 8 ]
How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II? I_vote_lcap38%How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II? I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 6 ]
How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II? I_vote_lcap6%How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II? I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 16

How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II? Empty How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II?

Post  Shaun Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:29 am

Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II? Empty Re: How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II?

Post  NJBeatdown86 Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:35 am

I'd say about 400-600k. The holidays are fast approaching and money is already tight for most people. I might actually be going to a muay thai fight that night, but I really want to see it.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II? Empty Re: How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II?

Post  SlickMoney Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:12 am

400-600k.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:49 am

400-600k

First one scored 500k

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:05 pm

ditto
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:18 pm

I put 600k-800k but now that I think about it you guys are probably right. Somewhere between 400-600k and likely on the higher part of that range.

Should be a fun card.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:20 am

Dan Rafael
I think Cotto-Margarito 2 does 650,000 or more PPV buys. 1st fight was reported at 450K and settled at about 490K.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:39 am

does anybody care about this fight? it should never head a PPV. both fighters are over the hill in a rematch that im assuming will end the same way. but either way, whoever wins, wont really get much recognition.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:31 am

powerpuncher wrote:does anybody care about this fight? it should never head a PPV. both fighters are over the hill in a rematch that im assuming will end the same way. but either way, whoever wins, wont really get much recognition.

A lot of people. A grudge match with 2 name fighters with BIG fanbases. Throw in a great undercard that'll bring in die hard Boxing fans.

This could do over 600k. Its in NY getting a lot of media coverage and a 24/7 which their first fight didnt have.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:49 am

SlickMoney wrote:A lot of people. A grudge match with 2 name fighters with BIG fanbases. Throw in a great undercard that'll bring in die hard Boxing fans.

This could do over 600k. Its in NY getting a lot of media coverage and a 24/7 which their first fight didnt have.

Yup. A 24/7 that actually isn't boring. The fight being in the US media capitol, making the fighters more available for the media.

Definitly going to do well.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:15 am

powerpuncher wrote:does anybody care about this fight? it should never head a PPV. both fighters are over the hill in a rematch that im assuming will end the same way. but either way, whoever wins, wont really get much recognition.

A lot of people care about this fight and SHOULD care about this fight. While these fighters are wrapping up their careers and are on the decline, they are still world class fighters and top 10 in their divisions. They put on Fight of the Year in 2007 in what Max Kellerman said was a "Modern Boxing Classic."

I want to pay for great fights. This is going to be a great fight.

You seemed to have a warped mindset of what a PPV should be. The promoters have tricked you. A PPV fight SHOULD be based off of entertainment value, NOT the importance of a fight. If you can combine the two, that is the best recipe. However, the entertainment value is far more important than the title/ranking being fought for.

If this isn't a PPV fight, then what insane standard do you have for boxing ppvs? Boxing doesn't put that many PPVs on per year, I am not going to complain about this one being on PPV.

If you want to complain about Hopkins/Dawson being on PPV, go right ahead.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:22 pm

I am super pumped for this, the first one was " a modern day classic." Plus there's the revenge/redemption angle.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:31 pm

My only worry for this fight is Margs eye. Cotto will no doubt target it, and I could see the officials/fight doctor stopping the fight immidatly the minute his eye starts to get roughed up.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:32 pm

GrantZilla wrote:My only worry for this fight is Margs eye. Cotto will no doubt target it, and I could see the officials/fight doctor stopping the fight immidatly the minute his eye starts to get roughed up.

Who's the ref ?

If it's Bayless, Smoger or Weeks we should be alright.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:34 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:My only worry for this fight is Margs eye. Cotto will no doubt target it, and I could see the officials/fight doctor stopping the fight immidatly the minute his eye starts to get roughed up.

Who's the ref ?

It's Smoger, so yeah, we should be good.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:37 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

Who's the ref ?

It's Smoger, so yeah, we should be good.

In that case Margarito will be allowed to continue even if he's looking like the Terminator.

How many PPV buys will there be for Margarito/Cotto II? Terminator041311

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:43 pm

In that case Margarito will be allowed to continue even if he's looking like the Terminator.

True, but the ringside doctor can stop the fight at any time. If Margs eye starts getting roughed up, the doctor will no doubt demand to look at it, and can waive the fight off.

The only reason I'm worried about that is the whole bullshit that went down with NY licencing Margs. No doubt they are trying to protect their asses.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:07 pm

im extremely surprised that so many people are actually excited for this fight. i will watch it but i dont see it being that exciting. cotto isnt the same fighter as he used to be. he is slower and boxes more. it wont be anything like the first fight. and the winner really gains nothing while the loser is pretty much done. the showtime card is better than this PPV card. the only thing that the PPV has is more fights.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:28 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

True, but the ringside doctor can stop the fight at any time. If Margs eye starts getting roughed up, the doctor will no doubt demand to look at it, and can waive the fight off.

The only reason I'm worried about that is the whole bullshit that went down with NY licencing Margs. No doubt they are trying to protect their asses.

Smoger lets people fight, but Grant is right, the commission is going to have this thing on a short leash.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum