The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Friday

+2
GrantZilla
captainanddew
6 posters

Go down

Black Friday Empty Black Friday

Post  captainanddew Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:28 am

how fucked up is black friday. I always found it completely stupid that people got up at 4 or 5 am or earlier to go down to stores, wait in line and then go ugly consumer and buy shit they don't need.

But now major chains are opening up at midnight on thanksgiving.

What the fuck!

I'm all for buying goods, but this is ridiculous. Consumer spending is a rather large portion of the US economy and our society may have gone too far.

We have become a country of people who don't exercise, eat processed junk and fast food, drink shitty tasting beer because they are too fucking dumb to recognize decent to good beer, haven't read a book in years (or it involved many pictures), and run to get in line at midnight on Thanksgiving because they don't want other fat, non-exercising, non-reading, junk food eating, shitty beer drinking idiots to beat them to the shit they want or they won't be able to fill their junk filled homes.

I need another decent beer or a bloody mary.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Black Friday Empty Re: Black Friday

Post  GrantZilla Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:51 am

For the security company I'm partners with we do security for Black Friday's. I worked a Best Buy last year. It was fucking crazy. People were camped out there for over a day.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:55 am

greed and stupity prevail..there are great buys threwout the holiday season but the stupity of getting up at 3 am or charging the doors in a stampeded at 5 am tells me something.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:25 pm

I'm going to be first in line. cheers
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:00 pm

captainanddew wrote:how fucked up is black friday. I always found it completely stupid that people got up at 4 or 5 am or earlier to go down to stores, wait in line and then go ugly consumer and buy shit they don't need.

But now major chains are opening up at midnight on thanksgiving.

What the fuck!

I'm all for buying goods, but this is ridiculous. Consumer spending is a rather large portion of the US economy and our society may have gone too far.

We have become a country of people who don't exercise, eat processed junk and fast food, drink shitty tasting beer because they are too fucking dumb to recognize decent to good beer, haven't read a book in years (or it involved many pictures), and run to get in line at midnight on Thanksgiving because they don't want other fat, non-exercising, non-reading, junk food eating, shitty beer drinking idiots to beat them to the shit they want or they won't be able to fill their junk filled homes.

I need another decent beer or a bloody mary.

Ranting Capt.. ? Razz

Tell it like it is bro, sounds like you've been drinking some good beer.

cheers mo-fo

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:04 pm

There's a lot of good in it and a lot of bad in it. Just be careful.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:37 am

I like Black Friday. I got a real good deal on a TV a few years back and it's fun. It's like those people who camp out at Duke games or to see Harry Potter or buy an iPad. There's something to the experience. Plus you get awesome deals and can do a lot of it online or call in.

The smart thing to do is figure out what you want ahead of time, and find an employee to hold it for you. It's only wasteful spending if you make it that way.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down