The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why didn't Joe Frazier and Ken Norton ever fight?

5 posters

Go down

Why didn't Joe Frazier and Ken Norton ever fight? Empty Why didn't Joe Frazier and Ken Norton ever fight?

Post  freakzilla Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:31 am

Both went 1-2 against Ali. Who would've won a trilogy between the 2?
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Why didn't Joe Frazier and Ken Norton ever fight? Empty Re: Why didn't Joe Frazier and Ken Norton ever fight?

Post  powerpuncher Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:06 am

they were friends and decided not to ever fight. frazier would have KO'd norton. i think that norton would have done well for a few rounds until frazier started heating up and then he would have KO'd him in the mid rounds.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Why didn't Joe Frazier and Ken Norton ever fight? Empty Re: Why didn't Joe Frazier and Ken Norton ever fight?

Post  dmar5143 Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:09 am

powerpuncher wrote:they were friends and decided not to ever fight. frazier would have KO'd norton. i think that norton would have done well for a few rounds until frazier started heating up and then he would have KO'd him in the mid rounds.
....yes and i believe its the same reason why holmes and frazier never fought.there would be not 3 fight series between ken and joe.joe stops him in middle rounds.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:00 am

Joe Frazier would've detroyed Ken Norton. Norton fought boxers well. Super - powered sluggers were not his specialty. Once Norton thought, "This guy can hurt me" he went very fast. Earnie Shavers stopped Norton in 1. Foreman stopped him in 2. Neither one of those guys knew about body punches and Norton had a thin waist, which is all wrong for boxing. Let's thank God Norton never fought Frazier.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:26 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:they were friends and decided not to ever fight. frazier would have KO'd norton. i think that norton would have done well for a few rounds until frazier started heating up and then he would have KO'd him in the mid rounds.
....yes and i believe its the same reason why holmes and frazier never fought.there would be not 3 fight series between ken and joe.joe stops him in middle rounds.

Holmes and frazier didn't fight because of timing.
Frazier only fought once after 1976 (1981). Frazier was in the brutal 3rd fight with Ali in 1975, Foreman knocked him out the 2nd time in 1976, and that was basically it for Joe. He didn't fight till 1981 and for one fight.

By 1976, Holmes was still fighting mediocre guys. It wasn't until 1978 (when Frazier was already gone) that Holmes began to fight guys like Norton and Shaver.

By the time Holmes was ready to take on a guy like Frazier, Frazier was long gone.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down