The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Segura vs Viloria in the works

4 posters

Go down

Segura vs Viloria in the works Empty Segura vs Viloria in the works

Post  Diego408 Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:10 pm

to be held in the Philippines. Dan tweeted it as a possibility. It would be a slugfest.

A common foe: Tamara the guy who beat Viloria for the title he held before the one he has now, was actually beaten by Segura in a UD and it was his fight before his first fight with Canchilla.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Segura vs Viloria in the works Empty Re: Segura vs Viloria in the works

Post  gomez1012 Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Nice
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:40 pm

Good match-up, although it should really be in the U.S or Mexico. Segura by KO.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:11 am

Viloria was actually the mandatory for Segura's 108 WBO belt. Good that this fight is still happening though. Not sure why in the Philippines.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:55 am

Not bad but I won't be happy until Segura stops running from Gonzalez.

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:08 am

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Not bad but I won't be happy until Segura stops running from Gonzalez.

I'd like to see that, but I doubt Segura can make 108 anymore. Gonzalez hopefully will start fighting more in North America and eventually make the move to flyweight for a showdown with Giovanni.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:16 pm

Last edited by Diego408 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:18 pm

Viloria-Segura in works
Flyweight titlist Brian Viloria (29-3, 16 KOs) likely will make his first title defense, a mandatory, against Mexico's Giovani Segura on Dec. 10 in the Philippines, Viloria manager Gary Gittelsohn told ESPN.com.

Gittelsohn said he has been working on the deal with Zanfer Promotions' Fernando Beltran, who promotes Segura with Top Rank.

If the final touches are put on a bout between Brian Viloria and Giovani Segura, right, it would match two of the top lighter-weight fighters in boxing today.

"From Brian's point of view, he is already training for the fight," Gittelsohn said. "I think Segura is also training. There is nothing on paper yet, but we think we have a deal. I've seen so many things not on paper disappear, but Brian wants this fight. He is preparing for the fight. We are far down the road. We've agreed on principle terms for the fight, so I think it will happen."

In July, Viloria, a Filipino-American from Hawaii and a former two-time junior flyweight titlist, claimed a flyweight title by outpointing Mexico's Julio Cesar Miranda.

Segura (28-1-1, 24 KOs) is a hard-punching former junior flyweight champion who is moving up in weight.

"I think the fight is definitely worthy of HBO's 'Boxing After Dark' or Showtime," Gittelsohn said. "It's a great fight between two guys who you know are going to give a special effort. They are name guys in the lighter divisions that usually don't get the exposure on the premium cable networks. But if you're a programmer, this is a no-brainer. You're going to get a great television fight that will probably end in a knockout. It will be all action, no holding. It's a damn shame that it comes at a very congested part of the year and that it's very difficult to find a slot on American TV. Around the world, we will be able to sell this fight. There's a lot of excitement in the Philippines and Mexico, where they are paying premium dollars for the fight."

Gittelsohn said he still hopes to find some sort of American outlet for the fight, even if it means a small pay-per-view.

HBO or Showtime should do whatever they can to pick this up
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:51 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Viloria-Segura in works
Flyweight titlist Brian Viloria (29-3, 16 KOs) likely will make his first title defense, a mandatory, against Mexico's Giovani Segura on Dec. 10 in the Philippines, Viloria manager Gary Gittelsohn told ESPN.com.

Gittelsohn said he has been working on the deal with Zanfer Promotions' Fernando Beltran, who promotes Segura with Top Rank.

If the final touches are put on a bout between Brian Viloria and Giovani Segura, right, it would match two of the top lighter-weight fighters in boxing today.

"From Brian's point of view, he is already training for the fight," Gittelsohn said. "I think Segura is also training. There is nothing on paper yet, but we think we have a deal. I've seen so many things not on paper disappear, but Brian wants this fight. He is preparing for the fight. We are far down the road. We've agreed on principle terms for the fight, so I think it will happen."

In July, Viloria, a Filipino-American from Hawaii and a former two-time junior flyweight titlist, claimed a flyweight title by outpointing Mexico's Julio Cesar Miranda.

Segura (28-1-1, 24 KOs) is a hard-punching former junior flyweight champion who is moving up in weight.

"I think the fight is definitely worthy of HBO's 'Boxing After Dark' or Showtime," Gittelsohn said. "It's a great fight between two guys who you know are going to give a special effort. They are name guys in the lighter divisions that usually don't get the exposure on the premium cable networks. But if you're a programmer, this is a no-brainer. You're going to get a great television fight that will probably end in a knockout. It will be all action, no holding. It's a damn shame that it comes at a very congested part of the year and that it's very difficult to find a slot on American TV. Around the world, we will be able to sell this fight. There's a lot of excitement in the Philippines and Mexico, where they are paying premium dollars for the fight."

Gittelsohn said he still hopes to find some sort of American outlet for the fight, even if it means a small pay-per-view.

HBO or Showtime should do whatever they can to pick this up
If its going to be in the Philippines, I dont think any American TV channels are willing to pick it. I know we will all watch it on a stream.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum