The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jon Jones Feels Comfortable With Blueprint to Defeat Lyoto Machida

2 posters

Go down

Jon Jones Feels Comfortable With Blueprint to Defeat Lyoto Machida Empty Jon Jones Feels Comfortable With Blueprint to Defeat Lyoto Machida

Post  freakzilla Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:44 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/10/17/2496421/jon-jones-feels-comfortable-with-blueprint-to-defeat-lyoto-machida

Jon Jones and Lyoto Machida have the two hardest styles to figure out in the light heavyweight division. When the two meet at UFC 140 it will be Jones looking to defend his UFC title, a title once held by Machida prior to getting knocked out by Mauricio Rua.

Jones feels that the blueprint has been established to beat Machida and all he has to do is follow the plan. Here's Jon explaining just that to Fight News:

From the video:

We're not fighting the undefeated Lyoto Machida anymore. I've watched him lose several rounds now through studying and I just happen to have two coaches that are southpaws now as well so there's a lot of knowledge in my camp about fighting guys with opposite stances. We feel comfortable, we feel as if there's been some blueprints laid out. Obviously, we will come up with our own blueprint, take from what we've seen and make it an even greater defeat. We're excited. We're up for the challenge.

Jones is the favorite in the fight, and rightfully so. But he must keep in mind that having a blueprint and being able to build the house are two different things.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Jon Jones Feels Comfortable With Blueprint to Defeat Lyoto Machida Empty Re: Jon Jones Feels Comfortable With Blueprint to Defeat Lyoto Machida

Post  Gumby Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:58 pm

And it's a blueprint that's not built off of his style. Rua basically rushed him and was the one guy whose pressure affected Machida. I don't think Jones has that type of standup and he would leave himself more wide open thatn Rua if he tried to get in close.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Jon Jones Feels Comfortable With Blueprint to Defeat Lyoto Machida Empty Re: Jon Jones Feels Comfortable With Blueprint to Defeat Lyoto Machida

Post  freakzilla Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:16 pm

I agree. I think it's just a smoke screen. He will try to take Machida down at every opportunity.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:27 am

Bones better not wake the Dragon.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down