The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergei Dzinziruk to make HBO debut early 2011

2 posters

Go down

Sergei Dzinziruk to make HBO debut early 2011 Empty Sergei Dzinziruk to make HBO debut early 2011

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:50 pm

• Junior middleweight titlist Sergei Dzinziruk's next fight will be on HBO, co-promoter Gary Shaw told ESPN.com. "First quarter of 2011," Shaw said. "I had a meeting with HBO on Monday, and he was a big part of the discussion. They said they would put him on in the first quarter. I gave them a list of opponents we would have no problem fighting. I would say you're looking at February or March." Shaw said the list of opponents Dzinziruk (37-0, 23 KOs) is willing to face includes Miguel Cotto, the winner of Saturday night's Sergio Martinez-Paul Williams rematch, Vanes Martirosyan or Kermit Cintron. "We're not looking to hide from anyone," Shaw said. Dzinziruk made his American debut in his last fight, stopping Daniel Dawson in the 10th round on Showtime in his sixth title defense. It was Dzinziruk's first fight in 18 months, partly because of a dispute with former promoter Universum.

Back to top Go down

Sergei Dzinziruk to make HBO debut early 2011 Empty Re: Sergei Dzinziruk to make HBO debut early 2011

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:58 pm

See this is a REALLY odd choice to me. Nothing against the D-man (I'm not gonna try to spell it) but isn't he 37 years old? How can one really build a following before the guy is all done?

Wouldn't they be better off Focusing on guys in that division like Martyrosian or Angulo or Alvarez?

Back to top Go down

Sergei Dzinziruk to make HBO debut early 2011 Empty Re: Sergei Dzinziruk to make HBO debut early 2011

Post  Groundhog Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:59 pm

Is HBO boxing undergoing some crazy behind the scenes rehaul or something?

I just hope somehow Haymon's grip on HBO can be lessened.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:01 pm

I get where you're coming from Marble but Martinez wasn't exactly a spring chicken either. Sergei D is a top ten Jr Middleweight who owns a trinket, HBO need to give him exposure so that an eventual title shot for Angulo or Vanes has some interest.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:02 pm

Ali wrote:I get where you're coming from Marble but Martinez wasn't exactly a spring chicken either. Sergei D is a top ten Jr Middleweight who owns a trinket, HBO need to give him exposure so that an eventual title shot for Angulo or Vanes has some interest.

Good point!

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Ali wrote:I get where you're coming from Marble but Martinez wasn't exactly a spring chicken either. Sergei D is a top ten Jr Middleweight who owns a trinket, HBO need to give him exposure so that an eventual title shot for Angulo or Vanes has some interest.

What HBO needs to do is stop putting Berto on. Would be a step in the right direction now wouldn't it.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:12 pm

Groundhog wrote:

What HBO needs to do is stop putting Berto on. Would be a step in the right direction now wouldn't it.

Berto would be fine if he fought a viable opponent or welterweight.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:16 pm

Groundhog wrote:

Who doesn't enjoy watching Berto clicnh Jr Welterweights to death ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:21 pm

Ali wrote:
Groundhog wrote:

Who doesn't enjoy watching Berto clicnh Jr Welterweights to death ?

Tha GIF is what happens when a guy who knows what he's doing faces off with a guy who doesn't.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum