The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dana White Says Rashad Evans 'Won't Wait' for Title Shot This Time

2 posters

Go down

Dana White Says Rashad Evans 'Won't Wait' for Title Shot This Time Empty Dana White Says Rashad Evans 'Won't Wait' for Title Shot This Time

Post  freakzilla Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:02 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/10/11/2482309/dana-white-rashad-evans-jon-jones-championship-ufc-news

Rashad Evans' shot at regaining the UFC light heavyweight championship seems to be cursed. Originally scheduled to face then champion Mauricio Rua, the fight was delayed due to a Rua knee injury. Evans sat on the sidelines waiting for Rua to recover rather than staying active, only to suffer a knee injury of his own and see the title shot go to Jon Jones.

Evans was then put into position to face Jones for the title at UFC 133 but Jones pulled out of the bout with a hand injury. After Evans beat Tito Ortiz (the replacement for Phil Davis who replaced Jones) and Jones beat Quinton Jackson, it appeared we would finally see Rashad get his title shot. Instead, a hand injury for Evans forced him out and now Jones will fight Lyoto Machida at UFC 140.

So will Rashad take a chance like he did with the Rua fight and wait on the sidelines for the champion to be ready after his own recovery?

Dana White says no. Via MMA Weekly:

He was like 'I'm not gonna sit around and wait again.' So he probably will (fight). We'll see how this whole thing goes down, we'll see what happens. Plus Jon Jones has fought four times in 10 months. It's crazy.

I'm not exactly sure what fight you go with for Evans that is relevant. The winner of the Rua/Dan Henderson fight would make sense, but White already laid out that whoever won would be in line for a shot behind Rashad. Not that they can't change the plan, but it made sense to have a clear path set up that the title fights would go down.

I'm sure we'll know more over the coming months.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Dana White Says Rashad Evans 'Won't Wait' for Title Shot This Time Empty Re: Dana White Says Rashad Evans 'Won't Wait' for Title Shot This Time

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:15 pm

I don't see rashad having a chance.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down