The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is floyd slowing down?

+2
NJBeatdown86
powerpuncher
6 posters

Go down

is floyd slowing down? Empty is floyd slowing down?

Post  powerpuncher Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:51 pm

people have been saying that he has been looking slower, but this fight to me really showed it. i think that he was just so much better than ortiz that he could be comfortable in the ring with him. i always thought that he would definitely beat pac, but now i think that its more of a toss up. i still would pick floyd to win but his quickness is fading.

anyone else agree?
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

is floyd slowing down? Empty Re: is floyd slowing down?

Post  NJBeatdown86 Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:02 am

He is slowing down, but he will smartly adjust his game. It won't be like Roy.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:11 am

NJBeatdown86 wrote:He is slowing down, but he will smartly adjust his game. It won't be like Roy.

Agreed. He's slowed down a lot. He can't bust out combos like he use to. And his legs are slower. But he's just a cagey fighter, he's adjusted.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:33 am

GrantZilla wrote:
NJBeatdown86 wrote:He is slowing down, but he will smartly adjust his game. It won't be like Roy.

Agreed. He's slowed down a lot. He can't bust out combos like he use to. And his legs are slower. But he's just a cagey fighter, he's adjusted.

i agree. which is why i still think that he is the best fighter but again, i think that he should have fought pac earlier if the fight ever does happen because i think that his chances of beating him get less with age.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:01 am

GrantZilla wrote:

still think he beats Pac.

But the legs aren't as good as they were (to be expected when you approach the mid 30s). On the final occasion that Ortiz got Floyd to the ropes it was because a punch landed (not that cleanly) and Ortiz followed up with attempted shots. Floyd went straight back and ended up on the ropes. I think in his earlier days his legs would have been good enough to get him completely out of harms way.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:37 am

Yes

Pac wont be as crude as Ortiz

He rips him apart if he gets him against the ropes
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:23 pm

It's definitely a toss up to me. Pac will find a way to hit Mayweather when he covers up. Floyd does less dodging and more slipping these days and Pac will take advantage of all the angles Ortiz and Shane couldn't.

I still haven't seen the fight well, but I saw Ortiz pressure Mayweather and unload. Apparently he didn't land much when he did, but Pac will be able to capitalize on that.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum