The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golden Boy advising Haye to come to America to face Arreola then Vitali

2 posters

Go down

Golden Boy advising Haye to come to America to face Arreola then Vitali Empty Golden Boy advising Haye to come to America to face Arreola then Vitali

Post  Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:06 am

Since his twelve round decision loss to Wladimir Klitschko in July, former two division champion David Haye (25-2, 23KOs) has been keeping a low profile. Even prior to the Klitschko loss, Haye promised to announce his retirement from boxing in the month of October.

During their last conversation, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer advised the British superstar, who turns 31 on October 18, to continue his career.

“Our recommendation was for him to take a couple of fights in the U.S., maybe fight someone like a Chris Arreola. [Arreola] would be a great fight for Staples Center [in Los Angeles] and I think it would do very well. Maybe do an Arreola fight. I think after one fight he could be back. Maybe after one or two fights, he can go against the brother [Vitali Klitschko],” Schaefer told BoxingScene.com.

“I think just because you have one bad day at the office, you don't just walk away. You have to reassess and then come back bigger and stronger. At the end of the day it’s his decision. If he still wants it, I still think David has a great future.”

Vitali, who faces Tomasz Adamek on Saturday night in Poland, has expressed his willingness to fight Haye in several recent interviews. Schaefer, and the matchmakers at Golden Boy, believe the style of Vitali is an easier obstacle, in comparison to Wladimir, for Haye to overcome.

“I told him that our matchmakers like the Vitali fight and we think it would be much better [for him] than the Wladimir fight, because Vitali is much more robotic. David is very athletic and Wladimir is very athletic, and we felt that David would have substantial advantages against Vitali because of his athleticism,” Schaefer said.

Solid advise IMO, despite what people may feel about my lord and savior he can still compete against the top ten and give Vitali a challenge.

http://www.boxingscene.com/golden-boy-advises-david-haye-fight-on-face-vitali--43558

Back to top Go down

Golden Boy advising Haye to come to America to face Arreola then Vitali Empty Re: Golden Boy advising Haye to come to America to face Arreola then Vitali

Post  gomez1012 Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:58 am

Not going to happen IMO

Haye can make plenty of $ overseas fighting the Povetkins of the world
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Golden Boy advising Haye to come to America to face Arreola then Vitali Empty Re: Golden Boy advising Haye to come to America to face Arreola then Vitali

Post  Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:15 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Not going to happen IMO

Haye can make plenty of $ overseas fighting the Povetkins of the world

Actually not really, Sky have stopped doing PPV's and the British fans were not happy about his excuses after the Wladimir fight.

Way more money with Golden Boy's advice, they'll get him on HBO.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:21 pm

True, but Idk if he takes it

Haye made a ton on the Harrison and Wlad fights...can still go to Primetime PPV and make good $
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:29 pm

gomez1012 wrote:True, but Idk if he takes it

Haye made a ton on the Harrison and Wlad fights...can still go to Primetime PPV and make good $

He probably won't, but if Haye wants any chance of redeeming himself he'll take Golden Boy's advice.

As for making money off of Primetime PPV, I am dubious of that. Would love to see what Khan's fights sold.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:33 pm

That would be interesting to see

I cant see it doing much

but yea, Haye vs Adamek or Arreola would be the best HW fights that could be made
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:00 pm

If Haye is serious about wanting to be a real Champ that is probably a good way to go. But the potential downside is huge - if he loses to a guy like Arreloa (which he totally could) then it's game over on this side of the pond and for HBO.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down