The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Interesting Pic - Thoughts?

4 posters

Go down

An Interesting Pic - Thoughts? Empty An Interesting Pic - Thoughts?

Post  Shaun Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:24 am

I very rarely call "rigged" in boxing. I typically think "bad judging, bad officiating..." instead of actually saying it's corrupt... but look at this pic. This is the initial reaction of Mora prior to the knockdown count on Agbeko. (Sorry if this specific topic has been brought up in previous posts).

http://cdn.ringtv.craveonline.com/images/stories/2011/August/cozzone_MaresAgbeko1260.jpg
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

An Interesting Pic - Thoughts? Empty Re: An Interesting Pic - Thoughts?

Post  GrantZilla Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:21 am

An Interesting Pic - Thoughts? Cozzon10
Mora: I didn't see shit
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:45 pm

I re-watched it again today and I still don't get it. How can he be in perfect position, claim he didn't see the punch land low, wave Mares away and yet still start the count? You cannot do both of those things. It's either a knockdown and you send Mares to a neutral, or a low blow and you wave off the knockdown, send Mares to a corner & give Agbeko time to recoup. Mora fucked that one up royally!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:18 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:I re-watched it again today and I still don't get it. How can he be in perfect position, claim he didn't see the punch land low, wave Mares away and yet still start the count? You cannot do both of those things. It's either a knockdown and you send Mares to a neutral, or a low blow and you wave off the knockdown, send Mares to a corner & give Agbeko time to recoup. Mora fucked that one up royally!!!
He was about to call it a low blow (his initial reaction due to years of calling fights) then he remembered the fight was getting close and GB paid him to make sure Mares won. That is what happened.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down