The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anselmo Moreno vs Eric Morel for Oct 15th card/ Moreno vs Mares ?

Go down

Anselmo Moreno vs Eric Morel for Oct 15th card/ Moreno vs Mares ? Empty Anselmo Moreno vs Eric Morel for Oct 15th card/ Moreno vs Mares ?

Post  Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:01 pm

According to WBA bantamweight champion Anselmo "Chemito" Moreno (31-1, 11KOs), the promotional contract that he signed with Golden Boy Promotions is a two year, four fight deal, with a purse of $250,000 dollars for his first fight, which takes place on the Bernard Hopkins-Chad Dawson undercard on October 15 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

The previous deal that was offered to Moreno, by Golden Boy, was a four-fight package worth $1.2 million dollars but there is no word on whether or not those terms were used on the current deal. On the hopkins-Dawson card, Moreno will defend the title against former champion Eric Morel (40-2, 22KOs).

If Moreno beats Morel, and Golden Boy boxer Abner Mares (21-0, 13KOs) defeats IBF champion Joseph Agbeko in the Showtime bantamweight finals on August 13 in Las Vegas - then you can expect a unification in the near future between Moreno and Mares.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=42345

Back to top Go down

Anselmo Moreno vs Eric Morel for Oct 15th card/ Moreno vs Mares ? Empty Re: Anselmo Moreno vs Eric Morel for Oct 15th card/ Moreno vs Mares ?

Post  GrantZilla Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Bullshit what it is. Why I hope King Kong beats Mares, so he will fight Donaire. Moreno should have pushed to get a fight with Donaire.

Donaire will be out of the division no doubt next year. I see no more then two fights. His November fight, and if he doesn't get a fight with the winner of the tournment early next year, I see him moving up. No point him trying to make weight at that point.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down