The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking back...

+4
Gumby
captainanddew
gomez1012
Norm1023
8 posters

Go down

Looking back... Empty Looking back...

Post  Norm1023 Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:33 pm

I'm glad that Marquez didn't let himself get suckered in by Oscar and Schafer into taking a fight with Khan.

I think it would have ended badly for Marquez.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Looking back... Empty Re: Looking back...

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:38 am

Nacho didnt want that fight either

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Don't be so bold yet, wait and see how Marquez does in the third bout with Pac before bringing out Captain Hindsight.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:51 pm

Marquez matches up much better with Pac than Khan. Khan's length would trouble Marquez. And Khan is bigger than Pac in terms of weight. Was the unofficial scale given on Saturday night? If so, I missed it. I'm sure Khan rehydrated to about 150 pounds.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:49 pm

Ali wrote:Don't be so bold yet, wait and see how Marquez does in the third bout with Pac before bringing out Captain Hindsight.
He's already won in terms of making $. Khan at the time couldn't have offered nearly as big a payday.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Suavecito80 Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:17 pm

i guess khan is this big monster now after beating Judah (yes Judah)?? He is good but slow it down a little. JMM would have put up a good fight and his ring savvy is way up there. That alone would give Khan trouble who 10 boxers he has fought added up wouldnt add up to what JMM is.
Suavecito80
Suavecito80

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Suavecito80 wrote:i guess khan is this big monster now after beating Judah (yes Judah)?? He is good but slow it down a little. JMM would have put up a good fight and his ring savvy is way up there. That alone would give Khan trouble who 10 boxers he has fought added up wouldnt add up to what JMM is.
I thought Khan would've brutalized him then at 140 (too big, too long, too fast, and JMM coming off a demoralizing loss) but not as bad as Pac will. I believe the Pacquiao fight will end with a highlight reel KO. I'm not sure that JMM beats Judah (yes Judah).
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Maybe I'm alone in this assessment, but I think Marquez is in for a horrible and humiliating beating at the hands of the Pac Man. I think he would've been much better off fighting Amir Khan. Amir Khan cannot do the things that Mayweather can do. I don't think he could hold off Marquez long enough to outclass him. He (Khan) would win, but not without Marquez establishing himself as the aggressor and the stronger fighter.

With Pacquiao, I think Marquez is in for a Hatton like annihilation or a very dangerous methodical slaughter aka Pac vs. Cotto. Add the reality that these two men detest each other and you have Marquez in a much more hazardous situation than he knows. Pac has improved into a HOF ring general who attacks from different angles and is capable of one punch KO power, endless combos, etc. Marquez has stayed the same. I said it before. I think this one is a waste of time.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:08 pm

Suavecito80 wrote:i guess khan is this big monster now after beating Judah (yes Judah)?? He is good but slow it down a little. JMM would have put up a good fight and his ring savvy is way up there. That alone would give Khan trouble who 10 boxers he has fought added up wouldnt add up to what JMM is.

Khan is bigger than Mayweather.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:11 pm

frank,basically i agree with you.if marquez couldn't beat pac(no matter your views on the fights)when he was in need of a feed he won't win now.i guess the thinking is with pac it's closer to 50/50 than with khan.no way khan gives him any of uk PPV.that & the fact he's got his mexican pride & wants to avenge his losses

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:16 pm

shakefree wrote:frank,basically i agree with you.if marquez couldn't beat pac(no matter your views on the fights)when he was in need of a feed he won't win now.i guess the thinking is with pac it's closer to 50/50 than with khan.no way khan gives him any of uk PPV.that & the fact he's got his mexican pride & wants to avenge his losses

I thought Marquez won 1 of the Pac fights.

Pac has gotten much better (and he was already a top P4P fighter then!!!).

Marquez is slightly diminished. Marquez is a great fighter, but father time catches us all eventually.

The weight won't be the difference, Pac's growth as a fighter will. He makes life miserable for Marquez and ref stops it when Marquez is down, able to get up, but too unsteady on his feet for the fight to continue.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:28 pm

I must be missing something then.

Marquez is a great fighter, but let's be realistic here.

He shouldn't be fighting above 135. There is no question he is the best in the world at 135. But to be honest he is a junior lightweight that is so good he can beat the best at 135.

For him to be fighting above 135 is stretching his limits too far.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:18 am

Norm1023 wrote:I must be missing something then.

Marquez is a great fighter, but let's be realistic here.

He shouldn't be fighting above 135. There is no question he is the best in the world at 135. But to be honest he is a junior lightweight that is so good he can beat the best at 135.

For him to be fighting above 135 is stretching his limits too far.
Are you talking about him against Pac or Khan?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Suavecito80 Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:18 am

Norm1023 wrote:

Khan is bigger than Mayweather.

scratch
what does that have to do with what I wrote? so Khan is on Mayweathers level now? ok...
Suavecito80
Suavecito80

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down