The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan talks of moving to welterweight...

+3
dbudge
kbyte
hardcorebee24
7 posters

Go down

Amir Khan talks of moving to welterweight... Empty Amir Khan talks of moving to welterweight...

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:33 am

if he can defeat Zab Judah on Saturday. Even if Khan beats Judah I think he should avenge his loss to Prescott first, who is in a title eliminator with McCloskey on September 10th. Then and only then should he make the move to 147. Looks to me as though Khan is chasing Bradley or really trying to lock down the Mayweather Ortiz winner.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/6785881/make-mistakes-zab-judah

How soon are you planning to move up to 147 pounds?
Hopefully, we will beat Zab Judah and we will be moving to 147 in the next year or so. I am taking every fight as it comes, and maybe within a year I will move up to 147.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan talks of moving to welterweight... Empty Re: Amir Khan talks of moving to welterweight...

Post  kbyte Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:46 am

I wish he would stay at 140. Theres still good fights for him there.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan talks of moving to welterweight... Empty Re: Amir Khan talks of moving to welterweight...

Post  Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:47 am

It all depends on how things play out, IF Khan beats Judah and IF Floyd beats Ortiz then is unable to agree a deal with Pac, then I expect Golden Boy to make Khan vs Mayweather for Cinco De Mayo 2012.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:48 am

kbyte wrote:I wish he would stay at 140. Theres still good fights for him there.

yeh thyere's a lot of good 140lb fights there. but the most important fight is Bradley and we'll have to wait and see where that story ends. there are also a lot of exciting fights for Khan at 147lb though. Khan's after Mayweather, that much is blatant

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Ali wrote:It all depends on how things play out, IF Khan beats Judah and IF Floyd beats Ortiz then is unable to agree a deal with Pac, then I expect Golden Boy to make Khan vs Mayweather for Cinco De Mayo 2012.

Khan vs the Ortiz/Flod winner is the way to go

Bradley might be there too lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Ali wrote:It all depends on how things play out, IF Khan beats Judah and IF Floyd beats Ortiz then is unable to agree a deal with Pac, then I expect Golden Boy to make Khan vs Mayweather for Cinco De Mayo 2012.

Aren't you the guy who hates when people jump weight? Khan should fight the Maidana/ Guerrero winner then face the next big 140lb challenger before moving up, right?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:10 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

Aren't you the guy who hates when people jump weight? Khan should fight the Maidana/ Guerrero winner then face the next big 140lb challenger before moving up, right?

+1

Ali wants every division to have its Pongsaklek Wonjongkam
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:30 pm

I want Khan to stay and face everyone at Jr Welterweight, not happy about his eagerness to move up.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:32 pm

Ali wrote:I want Khan to stay and face everyone at Jr Welterweight, not happy about his eagerness to move up.

And there he is... got nervous for a minute, I thought someone else logged in as you. Glad to see you back.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:10 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:I want Khan to stay and face everyone at Jr Welterweight, not happy about his eagerness to move up.

And there he is... got nervous for a minute, I thought someone else logged in as you. Glad to see you back.

Haha, just saying how I see it playing out. Hopefully Pac bends over backwards to make the Mayweather fight happen.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:40 pm

If Khan beats Zab and Bradley he's done with 140 unless Guerrero smokes Maidana.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:30 pm

If Khan beats Zab he should move up.

He acquiesced to the number one guy in the division (Bradley) and got turned down. He beat Maidana, the most feared guy in the division. Now he's fighting a guy whose only loss in the division was to a HOFer.

The only guys worth fighting at welter are guys that have moved up from 140 and Floyd.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:42 am

Yet another reason why they need to get rid of these nich weight classes. Get a lot less weight jumping.

If Bitch Bradley doesn't want to fight him, no reason for Khan to stay at Jr Welter. Yeah, I'd love it if we could get a linear Champ crowned. But what's the point if they are just going to move up in weight anyways.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:41 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Yet another reason why they need to get rid of these nich weight classes. Get a lot less weight jumping.

If Bitch Bradley doesn't want to fight him, no reason for Khan to stay at Jr Welter. Yeah, I'd love it if we could get a linear Champ crowned. But what's the point if they are just going to move up in weight anyways.

If Bradley doesn't get sidetracked by legal trouble I think the fight with Khan will be made next.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down