The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Khan beats Judah ?

+4
hardcorebee24
GrantZilla
UBeeg9cats
Gumby
8 posters

Go down

If Khan beats Judah ? Empty If Khan beats Judah ?

Post  Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:17 pm

IF Khan beats Judah and impresses with his performance, will he be considered the #1 Jr Welterweight and would Amir be worthy of P4P status ?

Back to top Go down

If Khan beats Judah ? Empty Re: If Khan beats Judah ?

Post  Gumby Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:41 pm

I think Amir's already worthy of P4P status. I would still put Bradley ahead of him though. He's been a title holder for a long time and hasn't taken any easy fights. Someone would have to beat him to dethrone him in my opinion.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:42 pm

Gumby wrote:I think Amir's already worthy of P4P status. I would still put Bradley ahead of him though. He's been a title holder for a long time and hasn't taken any easy fights. Someone would have to beat him to dethrone him in my opinion.

But considering Bradley ducked Khan and is about to remain inactive for the rest of the year surely Khan overtakes him ?

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:20 pm

I actually would have it opposite of Gumby. I would put him as #1 at junior welter because of Bradley's inactivity and I still don't quite have him in P4P land yet. I know Tim hasn't been too inactive yet but he will because of the upcoming litigation and promotional dispute. I think Khan is the most talented of the junior welters but I don't think his resume or skills equal P4P yet. I don't have a list but off hand I would put the Klitschko Brothers, BHop, Ward, Froch, Sergio, Pac, JMM, Guerrero, Gamboa, Donaire, Wonjongkam, and Segura ahead of him. 14th ain't too bad though and he will rise higher.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:41 pm

This is what I think should happen. If Khan wins, he definitly should get the # 1 spot. He should then give Bitch Bradley one final offer to fight him.

If he refuses, he should fight whoever the # 3 opponent is, and it should be for new linear Championship.

Nobody has any right to bitch about it, since Bradley would have been given every opportunity to take part in it.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:48 pm

GrantZilla wrote:This is what I think should happen. If Khan wins, he definitly should get the # 1 spot. He should then give Bitch Bradley one final offer to fight him.

If he refuses, he should fight whoever the # 3 opponent is, and it should be for new linear Championship.

Nobody has any right to bitch about it, since Bradley would have been given every opportunity to take part in it.

I like it.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:42 pm

Bradley has 1 win at Jr Welter in the last 19 months (and inactivity doesnt seem to stop anytime soon). He ducked Khan, I certainly believe Khan should jump him. And I would also think Khans wins over Maidana and Judah (if it happens) would make his resume much beter than Bradleys.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:49 pm

Khan - Judah, McCloskey (top 10 at the time), Maidana, Malignaggi, Kotelnik

Bradley - Alexander, Abregu (147lb), Peterson, Campbell, Holt

Both are respectable, but Bradley's wins apart from Alexander are aging fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:54 pm

Bitch Bradley should not be allowed to hold the division hostage. If Khan beats Zab, and makes one last offer to Bitch Bradley, and he refuses, fuck him. That's proof enough he doesn't want to be a legit Champion.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Yes Khan should be in the Top 10 p4p. But only cuz Bradley let him escape.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:40 pm

Ali wrote:
Gumby wrote:I think Amir's already worthy of P4P status. I would still put Bradley ahead of him though. He's been a title holder for a long time and hasn't taken any easy fights. Someone would have to beat him to dethrone him in my opinion.

But considering Bradley ducked Khan and is about to remain inactive for the rest of the year surely Khan overtakes him ?

Ducking has no place in the P4P rankings.

I agree that Bradley has ducked Khan but his wins in the ring tops Khan. But a win over Zab would put Khan over Bradley in my book.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:51 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Yes Khan should be in the Top 10 p4p. But only cuz Bradley let him escape.

Funny Shit

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:24 pm

The rankings are supposed to be on perceived ability and accomplishment. All of this "Bradley ducked so he shouldn't be ranked" is nonsense. None of that takes away from what he's done and how he's performed.

The inactivity is a valid point. I consider activity to be more important for the P4P rankings because you have to consistently show that you're still at the top of your game. I might drop Bradley in those. For divisional rankings, you get the chance to go out and prove you deserve whatever rank you have. Based on what he's done, I don't think Bradley should lose his spot until someone beats him or he's inactive for the rest of the year.

Khan should be in the P4P because I think he looks like one of the best fighter's in the sport. I don't think he should be ahead of Bradleyat 140 because Bradley's accomplished more (A fighter's body of work is more than their top 3-4 fights). I don't think a fighter's accomplishments should age, especially if he has been taking on top opponents in all of their recent fights.

I expect that Khan and Bradley will fight sooner than later so they'll get a chance to prove whose #1.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down