The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arthur Jones: Jon Jones Will be UFC Heavyweight Champion

Go down

Arthur Jones: Jon Jones Will be UFC Heavyweight Champion Empty Arthur Jones: Jon Jones Will be UFC Heavyweight Champion

Post  freakzilla Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:49 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/7/10/2268899/ufc-arthur-jones-jon-jones-ufc-heavyweight-champion

Arthur Jones of the Baltimore Ravens spoke to ESPN about current UFC light heavyweight champion (and brother) Jon Jones. He believes that "Bones" will eventually be the UFC heavyweight champion as well. Here's what he said:

"I'm telling you, he's going to be a heavyweight champion someday," Arthur was quoted as saying by ESPN.

"Every sport he has ever played throughout high school -- unlike me -- he's always been the captain. He's always been the best on the defense. Always the best on the wrestling team. He is a born leader.

"I was a one-time state champ in wrestling in high school. He was a two-time state champ. He's just a freak child."

Jon has mentioned in the past that the heavyweight title is very prestigious, but he's been working on his diet and plans to stay at light heavyweight for a while:

"I'm totally fine with being the light-heavyweight champion. I'm 23 and have lots of years to mature as an athlete and in my physique."

"I'm also getting smarter with the decisions I make. I have a really good nutritionist that's been helping me. Her name's Kelly Keegan. She's designing all my diets and all the fitness things I do. The type of workouts that I'm doing. She gives my girlfriend consistent, new recipes and tricks on what can make me perform and look my best. That's making it a lot easier for me."

"My last two fights, the Bader fight and the Shogun fight, I felt extremely powerful. So yeah, everything is working out and I'm making it easier on myself."

Obviously Arthur is just propping up his kid brother, but Jones as a HW someday is intriguing. With his ridiculous reach and athleticism, it'd be an interesting proposition to see if he could maul heavyweights the same way he does 205ers. Jones will step into the cage next to defend his light heavyweight title against Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC 135 in September.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down