The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shake-up at Jr Middle

+2
Gumby
GrantZilla
6 posters

Go down

Shake-up at Jr Middle Empty Shake-up at Jr Middle

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:39 am

No doubt Bitchtron will drop big time in the rankings.

My question is, where does this put Molina in the Top Ten? He's currently unranked by The Ring and Fat Dan. Cintron was ranked 2nd by both.

If Molina doesn't take Cintron's 2nd spot, that'd bump Angulo up to 2nd, behind Cotto. With Fat Dan, it'd bump Sergei D up to 2nd behind Cotto.

Division is so weak, I can't argue with either getting bumped. Even though Angulo hasn't done shit in over a year.

I dunno. Be interesting to see the up coming rankings.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Shake-up at Jr Middle Empty Re: Shake-up at Jr Middle

Post  Gumby Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:30 pm

I think Molina will be in the top 10 but he won't take Cintron's spot. I'm interested to see what happens with PW and Lara. Will Lara leapfrog him even though he lost? I don't think 154 is weak at all. I think it's one of the more balanced, talented divisions in the sport right now. Some young guys, some veterans, and a bunch of different styles.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:50 pm

I know Ali was raving about Cintron and all this shit, but like Ive been saying, the dude is a bum. Yeah Ali even mentioned Cintron of even being a good opponent for Pacquaio LMAO whatever dude. Cintron is bum. That win over an unexperieced, sick and young Angulo doesnt mean much to me. If a rematch was to happen 4 months later, Cintron would have been killed. Ricans may not wanna hear it (Rum), but Cintron got lucky.

Molina in the other hand is pretty bad ass. To many he beat Lara and now with this win over Cintron, hes just gave himself some creditability to score another big fight. The division is interesting, I wouldnt say its really weak. We have Cotto, Canelo, Angulo, Lara, Molina, Trout, Vanes, SD, even Mayorga and Williams (who can still make fights entertaining). I see a lot of good fights here at this weight class.

Last edited by Diego408 on Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:37 pm

There is alot of change at 154 in the last 6 months.
Moved way down in public view:
Cintron comes back and loses
PW is beaten down
Sechew Powell shows he isn't a top 10 fighter with his loss to K-9
Kirkland-gets destroyed by Ishida

Moved up in public view:
Wolak shows his pressure is not to be underestimated
Canelo shows he is ready to fight top guys at 154 sooner rather than later
K-9 shows that his win over Spinks wasn't a fluke as he follows it up with a win over Powell
Lara-had the questionable draw against Molina but he didn't get a well deserved win over PW. His reputation should go up nonetheless
Molina-a draw against Lara(that he should have won); then a clear win against Cintron. That is very impressive. He deserves a good ranking and a big fight to improve his life (and fighting profile).

With Cintron, PW, and Kirkland falling from prominence (and with Cotto probably not around too much longer; and Martinez at 160 unless a huge fight develops at 154), it is a time of major change at 154.

Vanes, Canelo, Angulo (if he can get in the ring), and some other younger guys are going to be the top of 154 for a few years to come. Should be some good fights.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Gumby wrote:I think Molina will be in the top 10 but he won't take Cintron's spot. I'm interested to see what happens with PW and Lara. Will Lara leapfrog him even though he lost? I don't think 154 is weak at all. I think it's one of the more balanced, talented divisions in the sport right now. Some young guys, some veterans, and a bunch of different styles.

Problem is, the top guys are not fighting each other at Jr Middle. Rankings are changing because the top guys are losing to unranked guys. Why there is no clear cut superior fighter at Jr Middle.

Realy, what has Cotto, Angulo, Alverez realy done to deserve top rankings? But since none these guys are fighting top ranked opponents, the rankings become almost entirly subjective.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:43 am

Diego408 wrote:I know Ali was raving about Cintron and all this shit, but like Ive been saying, the dude is a bum. Yeah Ali even mentioned Cintron of even being a good opponent for Pacquaio LMAO whatever dude. Cintron is bum. That win over an unexperieced, sick and young Angulo doesnt mean much to me. If a rematch was to happen 4 months later, Cintron would have been killed. Ricans may not wanna hear it (Rum), but Cintron got lucky.

Molina in the other hand is pretty bad ass. To many he beat Lara and now with this win over Cintron, hes just gave himself some creditability to score another big fight. The division is interesting, I wouldnt say its really weak. We have Cotto, Canelo, Angulo, Lara, Molina, Trout, Vanes, SD, even Mayorga and Williams (who can still make fights entertaining). I see a lot of good fights here at this weight class.

what this guy said. i'm so glad Cintron got exposed. Ali's estimations about certain fighters have really taken a hit this year

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Updated rankings

Jr Middleweight 154lb
Champion: Vacant
1) Miguel Cotto
2) Alfredo Angulo
3) Saul Alvarez
4) Vanes Martirosyan
5) Erislandy Lara
6) Carlos Molina
7) Cornelius Bundrage
8) Powel Wolak
9) Sergei Dzinziruk
10) Sechew Powell

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:03 pm

Cotto isn't even the best in the division No

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:06 pm

Ali wrote:Cotto isn't even the best in the division No

I agree. As said, none of these guys are fighting each other to make a clear cut # 1

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:07 pm

Really is a weak division, honestly I'd pick Floyd and Manny to beat alot of Jr Middleweights and Middleweights right now.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:11 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Updated rankings

Jr Middleweight 154lb
Champion: Vacant
1) Miguel Cotto
2) Alfredo Angulo
3) Saul Alvarez
4) Vanes Martirosyan
5) Erislandy Lara
6) Carlos Molina
7) Cornelius Bundrage
8) Powel Wolak
9) Sergei Dzinziruk
10) Sechew Powell

This Sunday marks a year since Angulo fought. Does he have a fight lined up or will he get dropped? How likely do you think the Cotto-Canelo fight would be if he does get dropped? I know GBP and Top Rank have mended their differences(for now) but I don't see GBP testing Canelo this early with another promoter's fighter as well as Bob would like to feed Cotto to JCC Jr or one of his other fighters.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:12 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:This Sunday marks a year since Angulo fought. Does he have a fight lined up or will he get dropped? How likely do you think the Cotto-Canelo fight would be if he does get dropped? I know GBP and Top Rank have mended their differences(for now) but I don't see GBP testing Canelo this early with another promoter's fighter as well as Bob would like to feed Cotto to JCC Jr or one of his other fighters.

Yeah, he could drop out anytime. He has a fight scheduled for August 8th against TBA
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:08 pm

Ali wrote:Really is a weak division, honestly I'd pick Floyd and Manny to beat alot of Jr Middleweights and Middleweights right now.

That says more about Floyd and Manny though. 147 is top heavy with 2 ATGs. 154 has a solid group of emerging and proven fighters. The best guys at 147 are at 154 right now. I get that most have declined some and they were better at their lighter weight but it was only a few years ago when people talked about how stacked 147 was because of the guys at 154 right now.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:25 am

If the top guys at Jr Middle actualy had some inention to fight each other, it'd be a different story. There is not even a clear cut # 1 in the division.

Cotto is # 1 almost be default because nobody else can realy make a case at being # 1. Let alone coming close to a new linear Champion.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down