The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC Bantamweight Star Miguel Torres Wants Urijah Faber for 'Bragging Rights'

3 posters

Go down

UFC Bantamweight Star Miguel Torres Wants Urijah Faber for 'Bragging Rights' Empty UFC Bantamweight Star Miguel Torres Wants Urijah Faber for 'Bragging Rights'

Post  freakzilla Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:15 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/7/9/2267520/ufc-bantamweight-star-miguel-torres-wants-urijah-faber-for-bragging

It wasn't all that long ago that Urijah Faber and Miguel Torres were the unquestioned kingpins of the under 145lb MMA world. Faber was the WEC featherweight champ from 2006 to late 2008. Torres was the WEC bantamweight champ from February 2008 to August 2009 and was a staple of top 10 pound-for-pound lists.

Now both men are coming off losses in the UFC's bantamweight division. Faber lost a unanimous decision to champion Dominick Cruz at UFC 132 and Torres dropped a decision to Demetrious Johnson at UFC 130.

Torres spoke to ESPN and told them he thinks its time for he and Faber to meet in the cage:

"Now, there's only bragging rights," Torres told ESPN.com. "He's coming off a loss. I'm coming off a loss. He's had four title shots since then. He lost twice to Mike Brown, to Jose Aldo and now to Dominick Cruz. I lost fights to one of his students [Joseph Benavidez] and Brian Bowles.

"All the momentum we both had, we kind of lost. That fight is still one fans want to see, but I think this fight a couple years ago would have been a lot bigger."
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

UFC Bantamweight Star Miguel Torres Wants Urijah Faber for 'Bragging Rights' Empty Re: UFC Bantamweight Star Miguel Torres Wants Urijah Faber for 'Bragging Rights'

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:02 pm

This sounds like a ton of fun. I will buy that one.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

UFC Bantamweight Star Miguel Torres Wants Urijah Faber for 'Bragging Rights' Empty Re: UFC Bantamweight Star Miguel Torres Wants Urijah Faber for 'Bragging Rights'

Post  freakzilla Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:06 pm

This would be a great fight.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:01 pm

would of loved to see this when they where both at WEC and on top of their game
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum