The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Sanctioning Body? The CSF

+2
hardcorebee24
gomez1012
6 posters

Go down

New Sanctioning Body? The CSF Empty New Sanctioning Body? The CSF

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:20 pm

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/new-sanctioning-body-formed-66951

Former referee and commissioner, Larry Hazzard, Sr., announced yesterday that he and former IBF president and founding member, Marian Muhammad, have formed a world combative sports sanctioning organization based in New Jersey. The Combative Sports Federation, Inc., or CSF, will include rankings of professional boxers and mixed martial artists around the world. Hazzard, a 50-year veteran of both sports, is eager to lead the organization as president with his partner, Marian Muhammad as vice president. Former New York boxing commissioner, Randy Gordon, will serve as the organization’s ratings chairman, and former WBC supervisor and liaison to U.S. Commissions, Rhonda Utley-Herring, will be the championships chairman.

“We have a very competent staff with the experience and passion for maintaining the integrity, health and safety of combative sports. Together, we have more than a century and a half of experience in all aspects of boxing. Championships chairman Utley-Herring and I authored the unified rules that professionalized the sport of mixed martial arts while at the New Jersey commission, when no one else would touch them and for me, this is just the next logical progression”, said Hazzard.

The recent International Boxing Hall of Famer believes that there’s definitely room for a credible sanctioning organization in the world of combative sports. He is hopeful that his new organization will make the sports more competitive. According to Hazzard, even with the number of sanctioning organizations that already exist, they still cannot rank all of the fighters who are deserving of a chance to vie for a world title.

Hazzard says he and his team will continue the work he started at the IBF when he and Muhammad called a meeting of all of the major world boxing sanctioning organizations to discuss important changes necessary to bring the sport into the 21st century, such as the formation of a super heavyweight division, the unified use of instant replay, unification of titles, and increased participation of female champions. He also met with the Boxing Promoters Association, BPA, headed by Joe DeGuardia, who expressed their enthusiasm over Hazzard’s desire to include promoters’ opinions and comments during his initial development and structure of the CSF championship rules.

Wait and see how they do
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

New Sanctioning Body? The CSF Empty Re: New Sanctioning Body? The CSF

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:26 pm

gomez1012 wrote:http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/new-sanctioning-body-formed-66951

Former referee and commissioner, Larry Hazzard, Sr., announced yesterday that he and former IBF president and founding member, Marian Muhammad, have formed a world combative sports sanctioning organization based in New Jersey. The Combative Sports Federation, Inc., or CSF, will include rankings of professional boxers and mixed martial artists around the world. Hazzard, a 50-year veteran of both sports, is eager to lead the organization as president with his partner, Marian Muhammad as vice president. Former New York boxing commissioner, Randy Gordon, will serve as the organization’s ratings chairman, and former WBC supervisor and liaison to U.S. Commissions, Rhonda Utley-Herring, will be the championships chairman.

“We have a very competent staff with the experience and passion for maintaining the integrity, health and safety of combative sports. Together, we have more than a century and a half of experience in all aspects of boxing. Championships chairman Utley-Herring and I authored the unified rules that professionalized the sport of mixed martial arts while at the New Jersey commission, when no one else would touch them and for me, this is just the next logical progression”, said Hazzard.

The recent International Boxing Hall of Famer believes that there’s definitely room for a credible sanctioning organization in the world of combative sports. He is hopeful that his new organization will make the sports more competitive. According to Hazzard, even with the number of sanctioning organizations that already exist, they still cannot rank all of the fighters who are deserving of a chance to vie for a world title.

Hazzard says he and his team will continue the work he started at the IBF when he and Muhammad called a meeting of all of the major world boxing sanctioning organizations to discuss important changes necessary to bring the sport into the 21st century, such as the formation of a super heavyweight division, the unified use of instant replay, unification of titles, and increased participation of female champions. He also met with the Boxing Promoters Association, BPA, headed by Joe DeGuardia, who expressed their enthusiasm over Hazzard’s desire to include promoters’ opinions and comments during his initial development and structure of the CSF championship rules.

Wait and see how they do

Oh brother, not what the sport needs. Can we lose some sanctioning bodies?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:32 pm

i don't see how this would work. fighters do not fight often enough for this system to work. nobody deserving would ever get a title shot and get recognition. the other bodies would still have their titles and hometown fighters will still be paraded as World Champions

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:42 pm

This sucks....more greedy sanctioning bodies. Maybe I should start one. The WSR...World Stripper Rankings....I can see it now...Hey sweetheart...who should be ranked at featherweight? "Feather-what? You like feathers baby? For an extra $50 you can stick a feather in my....."
Stop the insanity!!!!!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:49 pm

CSF - Cock Sucking Fags

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:55 pm

dbudge wrote:CSF - Cock Sucking Fags
My girls have the first part of that covered..
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:43 pm

this is ridiculous.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:44 pm

I hope marble doesn't have a heart attack when he sees the thread.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:01 pm

this is a joke..super heavyweights huh.all 4 of them.please..i hate larry hazzard.instant replay huh..i guess that bum dont remember when in nj marvin starling lost his title by ko by a punch delieverd and thrown well after the bell.well after..he see the replay and insisted the punch was on its way before the bell wrang..the announcers showed him several times otherwise...if i managed a fighter id never have him fight in jersey if hazzard was commision..fights stoped too soon without merit.dont get slapped 3 times without hitting back cause hazzard will stop the fight..im also tired of announcers saying stop the fight when a guy isnt hurt..losing every round yes but soo what..this is a ploy to make boxing like touch football and to line larrys pockets and or ego..whoever wrote the definition in a post what CSF stand for is correct.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:53 pm

captainanddew wrote:I hope marble doesn't have a heart attack when he sees the thread.
I think he will instantly go into convulsions.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:24 pm

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.......or vomit. What's worse is the media continuously recognising these sham titles as 'world championships'

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:36 pm

[breathing into paper bag]

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down