The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOL ! Cliff Rold calls Haye "Sultan Dirrell"

2 posters

Go down

LOL ! Cliff Rold calls Haye "Sultan Dirrell" Empty LOL ! Cliff Rold calls Haye "Sultan Dirrell"

Post  Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:21 pm

Rold writes as if trying to break through to kids like Ali:

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=41126#ixzz1RAamjaQA
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

But, and this has been the case in many recent fights, Wlad cannot be faulted as much as his foe.

Klitschko laughs last, and best. The champion does what he does. Opponents don’t do what they say they are going to do.

And it’s past time to give Klitschko full credit for that. For those who overly emphasize size as the reason for his success, let’s put that to bed. Historically, and in this era, there have been fighters the size of Klitschko’s latest felled foe that have won. Chris Byrd and Eddie Chambers have wins over men like Jameel McCline, Sam Peter, and Alexander Dimitrenko.

Klitschko wins because he is better than his competition. Period.

Yes, he’s bigger. This is Heavyweight. That’s the point. It’s up to the smaller men to find a way to win.
Better smaller men might. Corrie Sanders and Lamon Brewster once did. Another may some day. They won’t win because of size. They’ll be the better man that day.

Last edited by Canvas on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

LOL ! Cliff Rold calls Haye "Sultan Dirrell" Empty Re: LOL ! Cliff Rold calls Haye "Sultan Dirrell"

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:23 pm

Yup. I'm not a fan of Wlad's boring, methodical style, but he is what he is. It's the competition that sucks, not the Klits
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

LOL ! Cliff Rold calls Haye "Sultan Dirrell" Empty Re: LOL ! Cliff Rold calls Haye "Sultan Dirrell"

Post  Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:26 pm

Sultan never rocked or cut Wladimir's face up. Nor did he have success with his jab.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:37 pm

Ali wrote:Sultan never rocked or cut Wladimir's face up. Nor did he have success with his jab.

He never ran his mouth either and called the Klits boring then proceeded to give a boring performance.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:20 pm

It's only talk!

Time and time again, I have repeated those very same words to fighters at all levels that, in one way or another, were the target of an opponent's trash talking. Amateur or pro, in person or in print, it didn't matter. The end response was always the same. It's only talk!

Where's all the talk now David?

I have been lucky enough to make my living in the fight game for over 30 years now, and during my time I have seen the supposed mind games, and verbal assaults that fighters have levied against one another in an attempt to garner the upper hand.

I have been witness to Sugar Ray Leonard and Roberto Duran squaring off at their Montreal press conference, some 30 years ago. I watched Eddie Melo spread his reign of verbal terror on the Canadian landscape, and most recently I watched Jean Pascal and Bernard Hopkins engage in hate-filled verbal bantering. These are merely a few of the possibly thousands of press conferences, public trainings and weigh-ins which I witnessed, where one or both participants exchanged in a sometime cruel display of verbose idiocy. Did somebody mention Ricardo Mayorga?

The lead up to this weekend's World Heavyweight Championship fight (If you can call it a fight), between Wladimir Klitschko and David Haye ranked right up there in the annals of boxing history as perhaps the most hurtful, disgusting displays of a verbal attack that I have ever seen. To make matters even worse, and this is what really magnifies the ignorance in which it was delivered, the culprit, David Haye, didn't back up one single word of what he said. As a matter of fact, this might be, and I will put it out there for you fight fans, the fight in which the loudest bark had the least bite of all. In my memory, I cannot remember a fighter, especially one involved in a championship match, who said so many hurtful, insulting and degrading things, who promised to do so much, yet who delivered so very little.

Where's all the talk now David?

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/russ_anber/?id=370966
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down