The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dana White: 'Nate Marquardt won't fight in the UFC ever again'

Go down

Dana White: 'Nate Marquardt won't fight in the UFC ever again' Empty Dana White: 'Nate Marquardt won't fight in the UFC ever again'

Post  freakzilla Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:08 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/6/27/2246376/dana-white-im-pretty-disgusted-with-nate-marquardt

Nate Marquardt was cut from the UFC after the Pennsylvania Athletic Commission refused to license him to fight Rick Story in what was to have been the headliner at UFC on Versus 4.

UFC President Dana White spoke to Ariel Helwani and Stephan Bonnar on the Versus post UFC Live 4 show and he addressed the Nate Marquardt situation:

Yeah I found out, I actually found out on Thursday and all I have to say is honestly, from what I saw here this evening and the way things have been handled so far, the Pennsylvania Athletic Commission is the best commission in the United States. Seriously, the way that these guys handle things and the way that things have been done during the fight, before the fight, etcetera, etcetera.

The thing that's going on with Nate Marquardt, Pennsylvania laws are unfortunate that the commission can't come out and announce medical records or medical situations with fighters but I think it's pretty clear to the fans and everybody else that I'm pretty disgusted with Nate Marquardt.

He's been cut from the UFC. He won't fight in the UFC ever again. So gotta follow these guidelines with the health and blah blah blah blah blah, bottom line is what Nate Marquardt did is bad enough to be cut from the UFC....He didn't pass his medicals, you know what I mean?

It's the way it has to be said here because of the laws and the health and the this stuff. You guys know me, you know how I operate. Before anything was said, he's cut, he's done with the UFC. I'm disgusted with him and he has no business fighting in the UFC...I would say the exact opposite. Nate Marquardt has done some things and I'm one of these guys that gives everyone a second chance. We all make mistakes...Nah listen, we all make mistakes, people make mistakes, we're human. It's gonna happen. It's how you handle it.

Nate Marquardt is a nice guy, he's a sweet heart, always says the nice things and is a nice guy. But you know, being nice and acting nice and doing the right thing are two different things...

This is one of those situations where because of the laws in the state of Pennsylvania, Nate Marquardt is gonna have to man up and come out and tell the world why he didn't pass his medicals. He's gonna have to man up and tell the world why he didn't pass and when he does, I think everybody will understand why he was cut from the UFC...

I dunno. You guys see when Nate Marquardt decides to come out and talk to every body and if he does or if he doesn't. Whatever happens, I know there's always things out there about me where I can be too whatever but if you really look at how I've treated people and treated fighters over the last 10 years, I give a lot of guys chances and I know that everybody makes mistakes and Nate Marquardt has been one of those guys.

So for me to come out and say that he's never gonna fight in the UFC anymore, it's gotta be pretty serious. It's not because Nate and I had some problems, you know? Otherwise, if that was how I felt about Nate Marquardt, would he be headlining a show on Versus? Would he be in the position he's in in Welterweight or Middleweight division? No. I've had a good working relationship with Nate Marquardt.

Marquardt is expected to release a statement tomorrow.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Dana White: 'Nate Marquardt won't fight in the UFC ever again' Empty Re: Dana White: 'Nate Marquardt won't fight in the UFC ever again'

Post  Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Enough with the suspense already, it's not a game of Cluedo.

Back to top Go down

Dana White: 'Nate Marquardt won't fight in the UFC ever again' Empty Re: Dana White: 'Nate Marquardt won't fight in the UFC ever again'

Post  freakzilla Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:13 pm

Ali wrote:Enough with the suspense already, it's not a game of Cluedo.

Lolllllllllllllll.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down